It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Skipping"/"Echoing" during PODcast Playback

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Since the new ads (last week) have been appearing, if an animated ad is visible while a PODcast is playing, the PODcast skips and echoes.

Am I the only one having this problem?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The podcasts I listen to are playing fine. I haven't noticed any distortions or warping or echos. Maybe it has something to do with the podcasts opening in a differant window when I play one, I don't know.

Good luck figuring it out my dear.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
BH,

If you're speaking of the "new" ads that occasionally exude audio "blurbs" then I would have to say it's a situation where your "default" player for MP3/podcast files is the same as for the audio file coming from the ad.

If not related to the "audio" ads ... please provide more info ?!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
If you're speaking of the "new" ads that occasionally exude audio "blurbs" then I would have to say it's a situation where your "default" player for MP3/podcast files is the same as for the audio file coming from the ad.

Oooh! That sounds like it's probably the thing! I don't hear any audio blurbs. I'm using Firefox and that may be why. And the one ad that makes it happen is the "Congratualtions! You have been selected Free ipod Nano" with the guy's hand holding a little camera-looking thing. Blue wavy line and silhouette of the girl dancing.

Does that ad make audio blurbs for you?

So if this is the case, is there something I can do about that?

Wupy I listen the same way you do. (another window opens, no text)

Do I have a choice of players?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, I haven't been experiencing this at all, but for starters, you shouldn't be listening to them on site - defeats the purpose of subscribing to the the feeds.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Well, I haven't been experiencing this at all, but for starters, you shouldn't be listening to them on site - defeats the purpose of subscribing to the the feeds.

I have no idea how to do that.

What's the advantage of downloading them then listening to them when I can just click on it? It takes up disc space and I have to delete it afterward. And it takes longer.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
www.apple.com...

Best service out there.

new topics

top topics

join