It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The huggable Grey's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ok, so that is a weird thread title, but I could'nt think of anything else, and it is closely remniscent to the topic of this thread.

Ever since I started doing research into the phenomenon extra-terrestrials, which its been almost ten years now, I've noticed that more of the time than not Grey's/Zetans, whatever you choose to call them, have been/are viewed as malevolent and dasturdly fiends bent on conquering us, and either getting high off our brain juices or having there way with our females. But I really am beginning to wonder, why exactly has hollywood popularised the idea of Grey's being evil, and further more why so many people who claim to be abducted consider the Grey's evil.
I actually went researching back to the first modern report of abduction by Grey's, which I found to be the Betty and Barny Hill case, and from what I've read, they were abducted by Grey's, and how the Hill's described them, it seems that the Grey's were just curious, and not trying to purposefully hurt them.

This has been bothering me for quite some time now, since I've always considered the Grey's to be the only "real" species that has ever visited are planet, and I have never thought of them as bad, in fact the whole reason I started doing research into Extra-terrestrials is because I wanted to learn more about the Grey's, I have known about them ever since I can remember, and before you start thinking I'm a nutcase, no I don't claim to have ever been abducted or had anykind of canotact with a non-terran species, I have however observed a UFO for a significant amount of time.

Anyways, I suppose this is a bit of a rant, but I'd like peoples thoughts on this.

Thank you,
Good night &Good luck.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
No matter how non-violent or benevolent ETs are, if they are coming here in secret, breaking into people's houses while they sleep, kidnapping, and performing medical experiments involuntarily, that is an unfriendly approach to treating another group of intelligent beings. It just is. What human could trust another human who does the same thing? Its a violation to a human in nearly every regard and I'm certain the beings that do this know it. Which is why they continue to act in the manner that they do.

If a human did the same thing to another and got caught, they would spend at least 20 years in prison.

Now there are most likely other mitigating circumstances (such as our governments covering up the subject) which makes them feel that its necessary to come here and do what they do in this manner. But to any person not in the know, which is 99.999% of the Earth's population, this makes ETs look bad no matter what greater good they may want to attempt to achieve.

I'm fairly certain that ETs won't come and kill me or the world's population. Though there are some reports to that regard. However there are so many reports of home intrusions, kidnappings and physical violations that I would likely never trust an extraterrestrial.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
You make a very good point, but how many of the reports of abduction, are actually true, this is really what muddles things up I think.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There have been many takes on the Greys over the course of the study of UFOs and their occupants. The occupants of the craft that crashed at Roswell were Greys. Yes they have and still are abducting humans, but not for devious reasons. Most of what you read on the net and in reports (and include the Krill paper) is misinformation. Ask yourself one important question:

Would the controlling Government want you to think that they are friendly when they come (and they will) and make their presence known?

How would the govt control those who would want to explore the universe, or even more serious, would that same govt want people around the world to know the TRUTH? I think not!

Greys and the race/species that created them (taller orange/brown beings) are here to create life and spread it thorughout the universe. They are creating a race that is a hybrid between the Greys and us, just like we are a hybrid between what was here and the Greys. They are so evolved that they do not understand "pain," and so they do not think they are hurting us.

Some may not agree and think I'm nuts, but the Greys are here to procreate. They are also concerned about us destroying ourselves. Just wait about 7 years and you will all know.

Just don't swallow what you are being fed by Hollywood and the misinformation experts.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
You make a very good point, but how many of the reports of abduction, are actually true, this is really what muddles things up I think.

Very true. With this subject being so muddled with lies, its very hard to figure out what is real and what isn't.

Though it seems that a large percentage of ET encounter reports have the issue of ETs involuntarily doing something to the witness reporting what took place. I for one am absolutely certain of the UFO/ET reality having seen some UFOs myself, so I have to take some of these stories at face value and assume that indeed some humans are being violated in some manner.

Even if nothing like that was happening. That all reports of human violations by ETs are false, then that still leaves the issue of ETs clandestinely or subversively observing humans. That too removes any sense of trust.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They don't necessarily see us as the intelligent beings we think we are, in the same way we "adbuct" and test rats, mice, guinea pigs etc because they are "insignificant, unintelligent (when compared to us)" creatures.

They could easily see us in the same light as that.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree. Violation to us is not violation to them. Greys have often asked as reported in several accounts to ask "why are you screaming?" during abduction recollections under hypnosis. Like I said, pain is foreign to them. Just look at the difference in cultures on our planet. In some circles, it is noble to kill yourself and many other "infidels" in the name of religion......

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not all greys are portrayed as malicious. Anyone remember Close Encounters? Cocoon? (i think they were greys but it was kinda crap so didn't watch it again)

[The following is only IMO]
I think the idea of pain not being understood by them is probably the reason behind their apparent cruelty. What they do not understand they cannot comprehend or prevent. Their abductions are carried out quickly (in most cases) and I personally think the reason we 'forgot' them is because they induce amnesia to prevent trauma.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
• Pain is not misunderstood because the concept of pain is simple: the nerves response to damage which is sent to the brain, causing that sensation.

• The concept that an independent sentient race did not discover the basic composition of all biological creatures known to man (Yes, there are recorded abductions of wildlife that have been seen) is preposterous.

• The ET race known as “Grey's/Zetans” listed in this thread must therefore be aware of pain, ibuti they have the higher knowledge that whatever harm done to you except that of fatality is tolerable because it’s insignificant in the large picture of how many humans walk the earth and their states. Or, it is some technicality of a reason that you will be cloned as described on *thiswebsite* where it is described that the soul is separated from the body and held in a field, and then put into a new and different, yet identical body.

• This fits into their description that you are what controls your body.

=DRAKEFIST=

How can pain be misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The only time in TV I can ever remember Greys being protrayed as "bad" is the X-Files, and even now I don't understand exactly what the heck was going on there.

That show called Dark Skies had bad greys, but that show was obviously a ripoff of the X-File, so I really wouldn't count it :p

As for anything else, the odds of a humanoid species evolving seperate from us are really, really, really low. So the odds of one evolving like us and not knowing what pain is is about as close to impossible as I can imagine you'd ever get.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakefist
• The ET race known as “Grey's/Zetans” listed in this thread must therefore be aware of pain, ibuti they have the higher knowledge that whatever harm done to you except that of fatality is tolerable because it’s insignificant in the large picture of how many humans walk the earth and their states. Or, it is some technicality of a reason that you will be cloned as described on *thiswebsite* where it is described that the soul is separated from the body and held in a field, and then put into a new and different, yet identical body.

Maybe they believe in the philosophy 'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'.

What if the greys (earlier said to be created by 'Oranges') were only a basic lifeform with only essential bodyparts. Maybe they have only a brain, a means to move, and a respiratory system.
Maybe they're remotely/telepathically controlled.
Maybe (and IMO more likely) the greys do experience pain but maybe they've never been in a situation to feel pain thus making it alien
to them.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by JackofBlades]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I would not consider the Greys as being huggable,and i am sure the "genuine" abductee's would be of the same feeling.I personally would not like a visit from them as they seem to have no idea of the pain they cause when they do abduct people.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I would not consider the Greys as being huggable,and i am sure the "genuine" abductee's would be of the same feeling.I personally would not like a visit from them as they seem to have no idea of the pain they cause when they do abduct people.

Yeah, it's probably not the best thread name, but I do think there adorable, actually though I would'nt want to hug one, I'd be afraid I might hurt it.

Anyways I'm glad I've gotten such a wide array of responses.

I've just always thought of them as good not bad. I have always in my mind had a picture of what a grey looks like, imagine mixing the Grey's from StarGate and the Grey's from Taken together, and thats the picture that I have always asociated with what a Grey looks like.
I don't know why I've never considered them bad, so yeah.

Anyways since I feel that I'm starting to become frivolous with what I am saying, I don't believe that Grey's are bad, they are probab;y like us, some good some bad. I'd really like to see this thread continue, to see what everyone thinks, and I'm a bit out of it right now, so I can't put anything really serious down, which I would like to do.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Its simple. We are afraid of what we don't understand. And its healthy to have doubts about them, especially given how they operate.

If the holloman AF meeting and agreement was true, then our leaders are gullible. We didn't know enough about them yet to make a fair assessment of their motives, it would have been a stupid action to take.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What if the Greys really are huggable and seek to introduce a new line of cuddly toys into our shopping centres????

Maybe the greys are nothing more than automatons. What if they aren't actually servants of the Orange so much as juveniles? I was thinking about this and it kinda makes sense.

If the Oranges are present while Greys perform experiments maybe they are overseeing, like a parent does when watching their child learn to walk or something. Questions like, 'Why are you screaming' may be nothing more than a naive mind talking.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think the negative portrayal of Greys started with the excellent series 'Dark Skies' - that's when I first noticed it, though it may of course have been done earlier. Though even in that they were not originally evil, they had been infected by Goa'uld like 'ganglions' which took over their bodies.

There may be a hidden agenda or it could be Hollywood taking a popular depiction of aliens and making the sort of 'kill everything' type films they think people want to see.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Just seems to me that we always paint things black and white. We tend to forget the "gray" area (haha, pardon the pun). What I am trying to say is it so unconsevable to think that not only are there good greys but bad greys as well. Not unlike humans, some are good some are bad. I mean like heres a good alien and heres a bad alien... thats how I think about it. But remember the grey area as well... LOL

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Just seems to me that we always paint things black and white. We tend to forget the "gray" area (haha, pardon the pun). What I am trying to say is it so unconsevable to think that not only are there good greys but bad greys as well. Not unlike humans, some are good some are bad. I mean like heres a good alien and heres a bad alien... thats how I think about it. But remember the grey area as well... LOL

Thats true. I and many others have not been considering this. I think the reason this is usually forgotten is because most of the time greys are seen as a servile species. But I think its likely they have the good, the bad, and the ugly among them.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Greys abducting people agaisnt their will does not make them evil, humans do it all the time to animals. We kidnap a animal from its habitat at the middle of the night then we do a bunch of painful medical examinations on them and then when we're done we attach something onto the animal so we can recongnize them and abduct them again in the future to do more reasearch, kindda like the implants the greys put in humans. So I think greys are just studying us like we study animals.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I agree with ZengZicong

Greys dont seem so much malevolent as just not Empathic to humans. No more so then a human scientist is to say a Tiger the drug and then conduct test on. Shooting them with tranqulizers taking blood samples and putting electronic tags on them. Does that hurt the Tiger I bet, but we do it without causing major harm and the info we learn is important to the future of tigers.

We might be a million years under-evolved monkeys to them. Atleast for the most part it seems they return humans without harming them too much. Our human lab animals are not alsways so lucky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join