It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's 37 percent overall approval rating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Again Bush ratings at an overall low, two points lower than his October ratings. Occurs Bush do not pay attention to his low ratings but is the GOP leaders also disregarding the signs of trouble for their political party?

Is the GOP concern of losing the mid-term elections next year? Unless their agenda was already fulfilled with the 8 years of Bush then they have nothing to be worry about, and losing power will mean nothing to them.

But are they sweating behind their plastered faces and fake smiles? I wonder.

It seems that when it comes to Bush been a good president and people actually liking him is a big division in opinions.

Forty-six percent said the country would be better off if Congress were controlled by Democrats, while 34 percent backed a GOP majority.

Perhaps people's witches will come true next year.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
He believes the news outlets are doing their job... liberal job that is. He believes most of these people who participated in the polls are stupid and only liten to what the mainstream media says. his comeback is that bush isn't perfect but he's better then clinton and is going to go down in history as the president who ousted terrorism.... mainstream media is anything but liberal, it's monolithically corporate which sways to the right as they are the ones that are getting all the tax breaks, and bloating their already oversized bellies. if there is any criticism from cnn or nbc it can only be so much, and i've noticed that they sprinkle it with alittle bit of fluff so as to not come down so harsh on the administration... i find it ironic my husband thinks people in this country form opinions based on major news channels, yet he's the faithful fox news watcher which is extrememly right winged and pro bush, that is his source for info and drudgereport which is also right winged...

according to newly released polls most people are educating themselves on news sites and blogs on the internet. newspapers across the country are worried about sales drops because people are turning to the internet..

we have to be conerned about the possibilitity of this free information highway will someday soon be regulated because our political leaders who are getting their palms greased by our corporate bourgeoise, will be worried about too much criticism, and outrage by the people.. having a nation wake up is a threat to their positions, which may lead them to the conclusion that it's a threat to national security.

almost every unconstitutional law being passed these days are in the name of national security... you know a country has a problem when...

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hmm, is it sad the Dailt Show gave more coverage of the CIA Black Prisons(Secret, not African) then Fox News? Of course Daily Show had a point.

"There are no secret CIA Prisons, there were, but the Washington Post exposed them so they aren't secret anymore."

Or on another topic, republican is defending the raping of wives in front of the husband and killing the kids in front of him saying it isn't torture, the prisoner was never touched. Why? because Fox News tells him it is ok, because Cheney&Co. say it is ok to do that. Media is not liberal, it is anything but that.

Also, waiting for it to get into th 20's, will be so funny to see that when even after Clinton lied about getting a hummer his ratings didn't fall this much.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UfoofU
Or on another topic, republican is defending the raping of wives in front of the husband and killing the kids in front of him saying it isn't torture, the prisoner was never touched. Why? because Fox News tells him it is ok, because Cheney&Co. say it is ok to do that. Media is not liberal, it is anything but that.

Is that a tactic they use???????????????????????? omg.

Sadam used to use that tactic to get a suspect to admit something, even if he was innocent he would make up whatever he wanted to get him to stop.

this is torture, maybe not to the prisoner's directly but indirect torture and especially to the woman being raped.
America is no better then Sadam, we went in there to get rid of this guy because he was evil and made his people suffer, now we're using the same kinds of tactics he once used?? no better, no worse.
if you really want to fk w/ a terrorist defecate o nthe koran, smoke the pages, and stick it up his asz, i do not condone rape. that is unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The administration claims they don't care about the polls or ratings. Of course this is just another lie as they fly off to the orient to create photo ops to make the President look presidential and hopfully stop the downward slide in the polls. This could be a very tricky strategie in light of the Presidents apparent lack of concentration and sluring of his words during speeches. The news is much harder for the President to control in other countries, than here.

My prediction is that this transparent attempt at spin will backfire and actually exacerbate his problems with image. 30% approval rating by Xmas.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What I like is the fact that Bush and his people say that they pay no creedance to poles but they sure do when they are in his favor...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Again Bush ratings at an overall low, two points lower than his October ratings. Occurs Bush do not pay attention to his low ratings but is the GOP leaders also disregarding the signs of trouble for their political party?

It seems that when it comes to Bush been a good president and people actually liking him is a big division in opinions.
www.cnn.com...

Why am I not suprised that Bush's popularity is down to 37%? I've been keeping up with this and I think most have stopped supporting him because of his refusal to bring our troops home. Or it could be that most people are just getting tired of having him as our President.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Personally, i cant wait until the approval ratings fall below 30%

and keep falling. Before you know it, he will be in the RED.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The funny thing is that . . . if the Bush administration do not read polls. . . how come they have a Public opinion team working 24 hours a day to fix the poll damages.

I wonder.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I truly am surprised the poll numbers aren't higher with all the speeches and "public" appearances of late. The Iraqi elections will be used to bolster the poll numbers and they probably will rise some. If the poll numbers go back down the Public Opinion Team might be looking for other jobs.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oop.. they are going back up now.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Bush gives one " hee hee hee" and the polls go up by 1%

Doesnt say much for the people answering the polls, does it.

He's admitted it didnt matter that there were no WMD's said he did the right thing anyways! (Now that he's caught in the lie...*hee hee hee*, and we're supposed to laugh right along with him...hee hee hee NOT.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush gives one " hee hee hee" and the polls go up by 1%

Doesnt say much for the people answering the polls, does it.

He's admitted it didnt matter that there were no WMD's said he did the right thing anyways! (Now that he's caught in the lie...*hee hee hee*, and we're supposed to laugh right along with him...hee hee hee NOT.

Singin' don't worry... about a thing... Cause... Every little thing... is gonna be alright.

www.bobmarley.com...

*peace*

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You know that some of those who disapprove,
do so, because they don't think he is being aggressive enough in a couple of areas..

Border control.
Counter insurgency in Iraq.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
As i said before, you dont grab a broom and stand in the middle of the room and start sweeping!
That is precisely what Mr Bush does...

Close the borders FIRST, THEN come after the citizens...

Yep, i know, its too complicated for him...

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bush's poll #'s are actually going up!

I think the reason is a combination of Bush speaking up for his cause, and Democrats continuing to wave the white flag, and spouting their Anti-American rhetoric.

Bush's #'s dont really mean anything because he is not running for office again.

Look at Hillary's #'s!

30% definately would vote for.
37% definately would vote against!

www.rasmussenreports.com...

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Bush's poll #'s are actually going up!

Bush's #'s dont really mean anything because he is not running for office again.

Way to take a stand.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I love being taken out of context!

Am I happy Bush's #'s are going up? Yes!

Does it matter? No.

Do Hillary's #'s matter? Yes

And your point is what?

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Think they'll go down now that Bush is in hot water again for abuse of power?

The desacration of the Constitution?

I see the polls dipping>>>>>>>___________flat line.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree Dg . . . if is something that most Americans cherish the most . . . regardless of political affiliations is . . . the false sense of safety that the constitution provide to their rights.

They can take them one by one behind the scenes but when it becomes to making public the abuses of powers . . . every body starts screaming foul play.

Yes not American wants anybody messing around with their privacy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join