It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Named Nation's Smog Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Los Angeles has regained the dubious title of smog capital of the US. We were in Los Angeles earlier in the year and man that brown haze you see driving in on I-5 is pretty gross. The problem is that they already have stringent car emission testing and requirements. I used to live in Fresno in the San Joaquin Valley as mentined above and its pretty bad there. Its ranks among the top in pediatric asthma simply because of the bad air quality (Agriculture burns, pesticides, poorly maintained cars and trucks, geography all contribute)

LOS ANGELES - The greater Los Angeles region surpassed Houston and the San Joaquin Valley as the nation's smog capital, in part because of a change in method of ranking, federal officials said.

Air quality in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties exceeded the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's smog standard on 84 days this year, the agency said. The EPA considers the totals to be final numbers for 2005 because the smog season runs from May through September.
Brown Air

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hi i live in london (United kingdom). London was effected by a smog which started in the industrial revolution and gradually got worse because the enormious increase in population in london.
This coarsed alot of people to die at a young age.

check this out: www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk...

new topics

join