It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Worst Foods You Can Eat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Did you know that one french fry is more detrimental to your health than one cigarette? The author presents an important list of the five most worthless food categories along with their associated consequences. The article is useful because it details the chemical components, that cause certain foods to become dangerous, and their effects upon the body's metabolic processes.

pdfserver.prweb.com
"November 8, 2005 -- Is it true that there are no "bad" foods for you if you only eat then in moderation? Wellness and health expert, Dr. Joseph Mercola is the founder of mercola.com the second most visited non-government health site after WebMD, doesn’t believe so."

"Not only are the following foods virtually nutritional worthless, but they also load your body with anti-nutrients designed to accelerate the aging process, which should make the idea of eating them really hard to swallow. "

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Having spent the last four years eating smart, after previously being a habitual violator of every nutrition rule in the book, I'm enjoying much better overall health. Making the author's list completely is certainly possible, but looking over the list closely re-enforces some serious issues that ATS readers are well aware of. The author lists the popular sugar substitute "Splenda" as unacceptable along with large fish (such as Halibut) which carry unacceptable levels of mercury. The author's list can serve either as a handy assessment tool, a shocking eye-opener, or a useful recap of nutritional issues raised and worked in the past by knowledgeable ATS readers and scholars.

Related News Links:
www.weightwatchers.com
www.mercola.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.belowtopsecret.com...
The Dangers of Splenda and other Artificial Sweeteners!!!!

[edit on 14/11/05 by Adonsa]

[edit on 17-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are a lot of problems with food these days. Ever wonder what those strange ingredients on food labels are? Well Im sure most are not healthy for you.

Hopefully more hard factual research will be done into the actual ingredients in many brand name foods today. We need some scientists to step up their research, as I'm sure many are probably doing so right now. Healthy eating helps provide a healthy mind, body, and soul. I will be doing some research on this subject, and hopefully I will be able to live a longer, healthier life.

xu

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
you know the nutrition fat is generally being accepted as in the list of wrongs of eating habbits. what did I just say..., I mean it is generally blamed for unhealthy eating, like " if you eat fat you will get fat", yet there is a common misundersanding here.

you need all the fats in a healthy diet equally, saturated mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats. They are important and used in production of the hormones, if you go all light in your diet, you will not take enough fats, and your body will not be able to produce the hormones effectively for instance testosterone.

but everyone should know some of the fact about fats, fats when heated change their chemical structure, and become corrosive and dangerous for the body. therefore if you are to have a healthy eating habit you should completely drop the foods that contains heated fats(homemade or not), or hydrogenated fats, or semi-hydrogenated fats (if you check any product you buy from the supermarket you will see that ninety percent contains hydrogenated fat in them)

I really miss french fries, but I prefer cigarettes,

new topics

join