It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katrina - not from God!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hurricane Katrina - not God's judgement!

I've heard a lot of people claiming that Hurricane Katrina was God's judgement upon America or at least upon New Orleans. The truth is, that's nothing but a lie made up by self-righteous people who think their sins are somehow better than the people of New Orleans. The people who made up this lie also do not understand the Covenant of Peace that God established through the finished work of Jesus Christ. People have put more faith and confidence in a rainbow that God gave Noah, than they do the blood of Jesus! Jesus Christ appeased the wrath of God completely. God isn't angry at us anymore. The truth is, there were Christians who died in New Orleans and other cities affected by the hurricanes. Would God destroy the righteous with the wicked?? He wouldn't have even committed such an act under the Old Covenant! Let's stop blaming God!

I felt compelled to share these 2 sermons with everyone that I could.
Please click these links to listen to the best sermons I've heard so far concerning Hurricane Katrina:

impactministries.propagation.net...

www.fambible.org...

Please read these Scriptures:
Isaiah 54:9
Luke 2:14
Luke 9:56
John 10:10
2 Corinthians 5:19
1 John 2:2

If this hurricane truly was the "judgement and wrath of God", then what are we doing helping the victims? Are you telling me that God designed this hurricane so that these people would suffer, yet we're supposed to be helping them escape from their suffering? If God's the one who destroyed their homes in "judgement", then shouldn't we leave these people homeless?
Do you see how stupid this concept is? I'm convinced that the professing Christians, who hold God responsible for this tragedy, truly believe in their hearts that they are more righteous, loving and compassionate than God is. That's why they blame God for calamity and then offer to help the victims. It makes no logical or biblical sense.

These hurricanes were NOT God's judgement!
They were also not His will. Just because something happens doesn't mean that it was God's will. The Bible is very clear that many of the things that happen in this earth are not His will.

I pray and believe that more people will come to the knowledge of the Truth concerning these recent tragedies. God is not the one responsible.

If someone reading this has lost relatives or friends during one of these recent disasters, please do not believe the words of judgement that so many religious people are passing upon them. God did not destroy your loved ones. God did not "allow" these hurricanes for some redemptive purpose.

Thanks for your time.

Changing the way the world sees God....

Justin Stout

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
if god dident do it. why didend he prevent it??

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You have voted justinstout for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Very nice first (or 2nd?) post Justin. I have to totally agree with you. I can understand a non-believer thinking either A)God did it or B)He could of prevented it and didn't. But when fellow Christians (who should know better imho) espouse such nonsense, ala Pat Robertson et al, it's frustrating. Makes it easy to see why a non-believer would have a hard time taking anything Christians say seriously.

Again nice job and welcome to ATS.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Rren]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09

I know you may have been told all your life by ignorant "Christians" that God is responsible for tragedy like this... but the God that I serve is not like that. Jesus Christ paid for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2; 2 Corinithians 5:19). God doesn't have any reason to "judge" or "pour out wrath" on New Orleans right now. His wrath and anger toward sin was satisfied in the body of Jesus. The Bible is very concerning this.

God "allowed" this simply because He gave this earth to mankind. Psalm 115:16, "The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men." God still owns it, but He put us in charge of it. Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden and brought evil, calamity, sickness, disease, poverty, and spiritual death into this earth. We can't hold God responsible for that.

The Scripture does say that the earth is groaning in birth pains awaiting the return of the Lord to make it anew. It’s groaning because of the curse which was released upon it through Adam’s sin. These groans include natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes. Again, this is not to say that God causes these things or "allows" these things for some redemptive purpose.

God "allows" people to sin, but that certainly isn't His will. He doesn't control us like pawns on a chess board. We aren't puppets, we have a free will. We are responsible for the condition of this planet, not God.

God is good, His love and mercy endures forever!

[edit on 19-11-2005 by justinstout]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Why should god prevent it? Maybe god sent the hurricane to free all of those people from the hell on earth they were living? The people in NO where given no help at all, unlike the people evacuated from the later hurricane before it even hit there areas!

I dont know much about the geography of the US but i cannot understand how the people of NO were left for so long while the Second less dangerous hurricane in the rich area was handled 100x better.

Maybe it was god punishing mr Bush and his elite supporters for forgetting about his own people... who knows.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I must say, that one does need to read the whole bible to understand it. If you read the old testament and you believe in the bible teachings well then God could have very well done just that, killing that is. In the old testament God killed over 10 million people, what a few from Louisiana? I am not trying to be to nasty about this whole thing but in one place in the Bible God was killing tens of thousands of people cause they couldn't prorounce a word. And should you decide you want these verses I would be more than glad you share them with you...
Christianity is ruled by Satan... beware....

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
that was a very good post... and it makes some sense but God killed many people as well...just like the person above me posted...thats correct...

the hurricanes could have been controlled...i feel that the government can control our weather patterns... if u watched the path of the hurrican is was heading to the left and then all of a sudden it just went to the right really fast and then hit new orleans... not many people were warned and they were killed... and then as a cover up george bush sent help with the next disaster...which was the second hurricane which hit...he is looked at as a hero and his work is done...

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
I must say, that one does need to read the whole bible to understand it. If you read the old testament and you believe in the bible teachings well then God could have very well done just that, killing that is. In the old testament God killed over 10 million people, what a few from Louisiana? I am not trying to be to nasty about this whole thing but in one place in the Bible God was killing tens of thousands of people cause they couldn't prorounce a word. And should you decide you want these verses I would be more than glad you share them with you...
Christianity is ruled by Satan... beware....

There isn't any need for you to quote the Old Covenant scriptures to me. I've read most of them.
The truth of the matter is, I serve God and relate to God based on the NEW Covenant, where He doesn't do the things that He did under the OLD Covenant. We can't leave Jesus Christ out of the picture here. The blank sheet of paper in our Bibles is not the only thing that separates the Old Covenant from the New Covenant. There's no example anywhere in the New Testament where God destroyed people, made people sick, sent natural diasters as punishment, etc etc. The book of Revelation is the only exception, but that takes place after the Church (the Body of Christ) is gone.

Christianity is ruled by satan? Haha.. not my Christianity. Religion, not true Christianity, is ruled by satan.. Religion blames God for evil, sin, tragedy and disease. I hate religion with a passion.

No doubt, many have attributed this to the judgment of God upon America. That is absolutely not the case. Jesus clearly stated in Luke 9:56 that He did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them. This was said in a direct response to His disciples asking Him to call fire down from heaven and consume the Samaritans in judgment, just as Elijah had done in the Old Testament.

Jesus would not do it. In fact, He rebuked His disciples for desiring to do so. He was demonstrating that God would deal with man differently after the atonement was made. The book of Revelation describes a time in the future when God’s judgment will rain down upon unbelievers. However, today we are living in an age of grace when God is not imputing men’s sin unto them (2 Cor. 5:19).

There were, no doubt, godly men and women who lost their lives in this storm, but God certainly wasn’t judging them. That’s not God’s “method of operation” during this age of grace. If this would have been the judgment of God, it would have been much more severe.

In the Old Testament, there are many examples of the judgment of God. A death angel went through the land of Egypt and killed all the first born (Ex. 12:29-30). Sodom and Gomorrah were completely destroyed by fire from heaven, and the great flood at the time of Noah destroyed all but eight people (Gen. 7).

America is certainly worthy of judgment, but God is extending grace to America and all the nations of the earth during this church age. There will come a time when God’s judgment is released on the whole world, and no one will have to be told it’s God doing the judging. The Scripture says that people will actually cry out for the rocks to fall upon them and hide them from the wrath of God (Rev. 6:12-17). But that time has not yet come.

The Scripture does say that the earth is groaning in birth pains awaiting the return of the Lord to make it anew. It’s groaning because of the curse which was released upon it through Adam’s sin. These groans include natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes. Again, this is not to say that God causes these things or "allows" them for some purpose.

God's not guilty!

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
written on 9/24/2005

Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. In the wake of Hurricane Katrina we see that the gospel of Jesus Christ and the cross is still offensive to many people. The Bible says, Behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious; and he who believes in him shall not be ashamed. To you, therefore who believes, he is precious. But to them who are disobedient, the stone that the builders rejected, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, to them who stumble at the word, being disobedient. [1 Peter 2:6-8; Romans 9:33]

So, how is it that we clearly see the offense of the gospel in the aftermath of Katrina? By the mouths of several so-called Christian spokespeople, who are preaching that God had executed judgment on New Orleans and the rest of the Gulf Coast for their wickedness (a la Sodom and Gomorrah). The offense is clearly seen from the righteous and unveiled side of the cross where we are rejoicing in God's mercy through Jesus--and not His judgment as some others are. The reason being is that these people are vicariously executing their own sense of justice (or what they would do if they were God) totally without even considering the message of the gospel and the meaning of the cross.

Even worse, they have degraded the suffering that Jesus endured--and have trampled upon the Son of God as it is written in Hebrews 10:29, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified, a unholy thing and has done [it] despite the Spirit of grace.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, and those that do know yet know Him, I beg you by the mercies of God that you understand this simple truth. God has judged the world and found it and everyone in it guilty. Because of His great love for us, God, instead of executing His full wrath upon all mankind, sent His Son Jesus into the world to suffer rejection, torture, and to die upon a cursed cross, and suffer the penalty of judgment, which we deserved, which was separation from God, and to take the sin of the entire world upon His body, being made a curse for us, so that we would have a way to be reconciled to God, the gift of eternal life by placing our complete trust in what Jesus did. And after His resurrection, Jesus ascended into Heaven to forever sit at the right hand of the God, living ever to make intercession for us, being the mediator of the new covenant established and confirmed by His precious blood. Brothers and sisters, knowing this, was the suffering and shed blood of the Son of God not enough to stay God's execution of judgment?

Did it only serve to appease the angry God of the Old Testament for 2,000 years? Apparently, in the minds of some in the religious world, it wasn't. By saying that God is executing judgment with a hurricane, they are saying that the precious blood of our Lord and Savior, the sinless Lamb of God, the only human being ever to live without sin, who willingly laid down His life for us, was not enough to satisfy God's wrath. And herein is the offense of the cross because the sacrifice of Jesus was more than enough to completely destroy sin and wipe out all
transgressions that were against us through the law, nailing it to His cross [Colossians 2:14].

What the gospel teaches is that the whole world is guilty before God; and therefore we are all on a level playing field. Consequently "saintly" folks like Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul, Billy Graham, and even the apostles are no more worthy (or less worthy) to receive forgiveness than the likes of Adolf Hitler, Ghengis Khan, Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, or the BTK killer, or any raping, murdering, child molester who has ever been born.

Again, this truth is what offends religious people who think their works make them worthy and a "good choice" for God's redemption, while they look down their noses upon people who otherwise are not walking with the same piety. The apostle Paul sharply scolded those religious people who judge others while they themselves commit the same offenses. Romans 2:1 says,
Therefore you are inexcusable, O man whosoever you are who judges. For wherein you judge another, you condemn yourself because you that judges another, you do the same things. Let me remind you of what is written in James 2:10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Consequently, you religious people who think the city of New Orleans received judgment for its transgressions, you are even more guilty because not only are you guilty and deserving of punishment, but you, thinking you are escaping the judgment of God while boasting in your own goodness and position, you will actually have a worse fate than they because as the Bible says,
But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them who commit such things. And you think this O (religious) man, who judges them who do such things, and you do the same that you shall escape the judgment of God? Or do you despise the riches of his
(God's) goodness and forebearanace and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? [Romans 2:2-4]

In truth, anyone who thinks God has judged any country, place, or people since the death and resurrection of Christ is despising the goodness of God. Religious people just cannot bring themselves to the understanding that the worst vile person on this earth is just as worthy as they are of having relationship with God, being blessed, and healed, and prospered and totally forgiven. Although no one would actually admit this, but their words, when they make such claims about Hurricane Katrina, 911, and the Pacific Tsunami being God's judgment, betray what is in their hearts. They are offended.

When I was a police officer and did not know the Lord, I was offended when I heard that some serial killer had been born again in prison and had given his life to Jesus Christ. It disgusted me to think that this evil and wicked person would have even been given the chance to repent because of what he had done. My words were, "If that scum bag gets to go to Heaven, then I don't want to be there." According to Scripture, I was despising the goodness of God. Wow, was I deceived!

The cross and the gospel of Jesus Christ was an offense at the time of Jesus, and still is today; and it is just as destructive because it comes from the mouths of our so-called "leaders" in the church. Jesus said this in Luke 13 in response to being told about the Galileans whose blood Roman Governor Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. Do you suppose that these Galileans were sinners above all Galileans because they suffered such things? I tell you, No, but except you repent you shall likewise perish. Or those eighteen upon whom the tower of Siloam fell and slew them, do you think they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, No, but except you repent, you shall likewise perish. Jesus is teaching us that we cannot judge someone's level of sinfulness based on what is or has happened in their lives--as if punishment and reward were distributed proportionate to a person's wickedness or goodness. If this were true, wouldn't a country like Haiti and the Sudan, or any Muslim nation have been destroyed long ago? Or wouldn't a city like Las Vegas or Hollywood have been leveled by now?

Rather, Jesus is teaching us not to judge another person, but focus on your own relationship with God or you will perish as well. Did New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast deserve the destruction it received? Not really. In fact, it deserved much more. I believe Sodom and Gomorrah paled in comparison to what goes on in many of our cities. But thanks be to God who doesn't give us what we deserve, but has given us grace, mercy, and forgiveness because of the covenant in Jesus Christ. Jesus suffered so that God would have no more floods as in the days of Noah, or destruction like Sodom and Gomorrah. His anger is stayed; His wrath appeased as it is written in Isaiah 54:8-10, In a little wrath I hid my face from you for a moment; but with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, says the Lord your Redeemer. For this is as the waters of Noah to me. For I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed, and my kindness shall not depart from you; neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed from you, says the Lord who has mercy on you.

And in Hebrews 10:16, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord. I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them. And their sins and iniquities I will remember no more.

As long as the true gospel is preached, people will be offended by it. For you who are offended by this letter and thus by the gospel of peace, you have your reward. Because the Bible speaks to them who refuse to humble themselves, despising the gospel, He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses. Of how much sorer punishment do you suppose shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified, a unholy thing and has done [it] despite the Spirit of grace? [Hebrews 10:28-29]

I write these things not to intending to be harsh, but for your encouragement in the love of God in Christ Jesus. Furthermore, I am in no way suggesting that there are no consequences for sin. The Bible is clear when it says Be not deceived. God is not mocked. For whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall reap of the Spirit life everlasting. [Galatians 6:7-8] This verse speaks of personal judgments or consequences of a person's actions (good or bad) not the sin of a city, state, or region.

It is the unconditional love and goodness of God that draws us to Him, so I ask you to meditate upon His love and rejoice in the grace, mercy, and forgiveness of God extended to everyone through Jesus Christ, with all thanksgiving that God is not the author of destruction, but of life, joy, and peace.

Finally, under the New Covenant, God's method of correction with His children is through His revealed Word of God. This is supported by Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Corinthians 10:11). May the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Other Scriptures that support this teaching:

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offense of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation. Even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

John 5:22-27 For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son [so] that all men should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He that honors not the Son honors not the Father who has sent him. For as the Father has life in himself; so has he given
[life] to the Son to have life in himself. And [he] has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Isaiah 53:4 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement [punishment] of our peace [with God] was [placed] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us, as it is written, Cursed is every one that hangs upon a tree.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he [God] has made him [Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Mark 15:34 And in the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying Eloi, Eloi, lama sa-bachtha-ni? Which is being interpreted, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Romans 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.

Hebrews 9:24-28 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us. Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest enters into the holy place every year with blood of others. For then must he [Jesus] often have suffered since the foundation of the world. But now once in the end of the world he has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of man; and unto them that look for him he shall appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor, that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Because god doesn't interfere with us on this kind of level.

Besides, if we wana screw overselves over, why shouldn't we?

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I've stated this before but I'll say it again in different words. Satan is apparently in control of the Earth. He tried to bribe Jesus by offering control of the kingdoms of Earth and Jesus did not refute that statement.
www.jesusradicals.com...
Therefore, I do not see it as any big stretch of the imagination to believe that satan is causing all the trouble here on Earth. As far as God intervening goes, who's to say that he didn't intervene by making a cat 5 hurricane not swiftly and immediately destroy New Orleans but instead it became a cat 4 and took a slight jog to the east. New Orleans still had a flood but it wasn't as bad or as swift as it could have been. A major cat 5 hurricane could have easily spawned a large tornado taking out everyone in that Dome city as well. Since the flood was relatively slow, people had time to help others evacuate and save their fellow citizens and to do good as a result. A major cat 5 hurricane could have immediately destroyed the levees and immediately and swiftly flooded the entire city of NO and killed many thousands more. I believe many are still overlooking that.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I don't believe that Jesus can be bribed, for he is the son of god, a "pure" good character in nature.

He has nothing to gain, and could not care less about the position Satan offered him.

As for the hurricanes, the Japanese Yakuzza made them with old Soviet weather making tech which Gorbachov sold to them.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Great points Justinstout and I respect your effort.
But sorry there are tonnes of people like me who don't follow the bible. Yeah obviously Christianity counts as a religion, trouble is whether what it is says is true. That said I think most people (myself included) can find many parts of the bible they agree with, but to say god didn’t do it because that's not what Christianity says is a bit self centred don't you think?

Also why did God not prevent it? I don't think God interferes with life on a daily basis like many Creationalist-Intelligent Design people seem to, but I do think he wrote everything that is to happen at the start of the universe (especially as everything is chain reaction starting since then).

Sometimes i think God let-let's stuff happen because it was part of his plan, or more to the point part of the price to it.
For example say somebody tragically falls of a cliff and dies, was God supposed to get rid of gravity to prevent it? Or free will?

But for New Orleans its not like god-the gods wouldn't have their reasons. For a start: It (and disasters like it) could or will force Americans to take issues like global warming more seriously. And I have to say seeing a BP oil rig basing itself against a bridge was quite symbolic of Iraq (I think there was another one somewhere too); just as the oil region itself is symbolic of both global warming and in a way Iraq.

Whenever a natural disaster happens it is both natural and (probably right) to question whether or not we have something to with it. I say right because I think it is always right to reflect on whether or not the lives we lead are morally right or wrong. Surely Christianity agrees justinstout?

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
You know in the times of el nino and katrina I started to play around in searching for certain articles about weather manipulation...You'd be amazed at the outcome of these results..I dont have all the answers I am just a simple man with a simple theory. What if someone actually is using this technology in some way against us? It is possible to manipulate nature in some instances..Just google it.

"Prophet Gukn"

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I find it interesting how Christians and non-Crhistians alike can blame God for the messes we make. Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, and volcanic erruptions happen. If you live in an area that is prone to any of these "natural disasters", it would behoove you to be prepared.

All too often, I hear "how could a loving God allow such a thing to happen?" The answer is simple, it's not up to Him. When people are willing to take responsibility for their own actions, then maybe we can all stop blaming God and start learning how to live on this planet.

Those who do not understand the nature of their little corner of the planet have no way to prepare for what may happen. Education is the key. Knowing what to do and how to prepare for natural disasters can be life saving.

Be prepared! Take responsibility for you and your family's welfare. Stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. And please, stop blaming God. You have free will, use it.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I find it interesting how Christians and non-Crhistians alike can blame God for the messes we make. Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, and volcanic erruptions happen. If you live in an area that is prone to any of these "natural disasters", it would behoove you to be prepared.

All too often, I hear "how could a loving God allow such a thing to happen?" The answer is simple, it's not up to Him. When people are willing to take responsibility for their own actions, then maybe we can all stop blaming God and start learning how to live on this planet.

Those who do not understand the nature of their little corner of the planet have no way to prepare for what may happen. Education is the key. Knowing what to do and how to prepare for natural disasters can be life saving.

Be prepared! Take responsibility for you and your family's welfare. Stop waiting for someone else to do it for you. And please, stop blaming God. You have free will, use it.

Great post. Amen!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Here Here, DarkElf.

Unfortunately the agenda behind blaming God for this is usually to attack those this calamity befell.

This teaches many lessons.
We must learn from it.
But greed stopps all learning it seems.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
that's all people really want.
Somebody else to blame the events of this world on.

I believe in the spirit of this Earth, and many of my prayers were answered by Katrina. I pray that a 'natural' event will cause the world's economy to crumble, instead of it happening because of a terrorist strike. It's not like we are not vulnerable to as many outside sources of 'evildoers' as we are to our own government.
I was born in N.O. and raised on the north shore, so eventhough my prayers were answered in some aspects, my family lost quite a bit during the storm .

I don't believe 'God' has any control over earthquakes because obviously we are speeding out of control and the Earth is the only 'thing' moving, continental travel is how we got where we are today.

Hopefully my prayers will be answered again next year durning hurricane season. When I got back to La. after Katrina and the next storm was heading our way,(Rita), I was cheering that it would be a Cat 5 and plow right into the Galveston Bay. I believe She is working on her aim.

Something has to expose our weaknesses, pollution and the amount of disease in this country that is currently maintained by 'legal' drugs.

top topics

join