It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No News Is Good News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They say no news is good news but the same is not true of the UFO phenomena, which seems to be slowing to a stop. As usual I've kept my ear to the cyber ground and kept looking through site after site which usually report UFO news with accuracy and speed. Yet, the past few months have been going slower and slower.

The biggest news story we've had in a long time is about the 'UFO Hacker' (That I can think of). However, this does not constitute as direct news, which we seem to be drastically lacking (apart from the questionable Prophet Yahweh). No big sightings, no masses of abduction reports which we became accustomed to during the nineties, nothing really worthy of big mention.

What could be the explanation for this distinct lack of anything? Have the visitors stopped visiting? Or have they finally engineered cloaking devices...?

Or, could it be that nothing has changed, except now there's a lack of interest in UFOs and little greenmen?

During the nineties there was a sudden boost in public opinion on UFOs and by far the most positive opinion poll results come from this time period. Could it be that the huge success of Sci Fi shows like the X-Files and a large amount of documentaries fuelled the nineties UFO activity and we're just running out of that momentum?

The 40s gave us Roswell. The 50s gave us contactee cults. The 60s gave us alien abduction and Shag Harbour. The 70s didn't give us all that much of great significance (That I'm aware of). The 80s gave us Rendlesham. The 90s gave us a massive influx of alien abductions and the Phoenix Lights.

Now, again, we see another huge amount of TV documentaries on the subject (The Real 4400, UFO - The Hidden Evidence, The Real Flying Saucers, to name a few). Could it be that someone is trying to make us more interested in the idea of UFOs again? Or are there just a lot of UFO documentaries going around with no reason apart from they seem like a good idea and get a good number of viewers? Or, as people have suggested, could it be part of a 'softening up' process to make us more accustomed to the idea of ETs ?

The latter seems unlikely. Most of the shows take the subject of UFOs from a sceptical point of view and make a case that they are, in fact, man made. The case they give would convince anyone with little knowledge of the subject (most people) but, this is extremely unlikely, as the evidence of ET visitation stretches back almost as far as we can trace (long before the US air force or the Nazis could have engineered such craft). It also seems unlikely, considering the lack of UFO activity.

Maybe the lack of UFO activity has been seized upon and someone is attempting to once and for all stamp the idea of ET visitation out of the public mind. This time more professionally than ever. This time the government is taking responsibility for the UFO phenomena and have created a clever cover story which conveniently flattens over any ET element of the story in the last century.

Could this latest flood of (inaccurate) UFO documentaries be succeeding where the 'men in black', Project Blue Book, and several government and air force officials have failed?

Could this decade be the decade that ends the UFO phenomena?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Could this decade be the decade that ends the UFO phenomena?

It ended ages ago due to the increase in military spending and lack of evidence of Alien life. UFO nuts fail to understand the term "UFO" means unidentified flying object not "aliens". All the UFO sightings during the 70s, 80s were down to the test flights of the US Stealth Fighter and all the modern sightings are down to black projects. You have to remember that the Governments of this world have a nice collection of toys that no one knows nothing about.

Abductees tend to report things which are commonly seen on television and there is military projects that abducted Citizens. Mr.Lazer of Area 51 has more evidence to suggest he is a Government agent paid to spread a campaign of disinfo on Area 51 so people believe they are seeing Alien craft instead of top secret aircraft.

The truth is ALOT closer to home.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The evidence stretches back passed the days of black projects. However, it could be argued that a lot of this relies on interpriation of myths, legends and religions.

Abductees tend to report things which are commonly seen on television

The history of visitation from various entities has also been reported through-out history. Early man spoke of visitations from gods, demons, angels and it became a heavy basis for what are believed to be myths. Such encounters went on throughout history but none fit very closely with modern tales of alien abduction, apart from some stories produced from Victorian England. In which people claimed visitation from grey/white entities, often described as ghouls, demons. etc...

Incidently, this thread isn't actually to debate whether or not UFOs are of ET origin.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by shorty]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Amen!!!! Could have not put it any better. I totally agree with your statements. It is time that the real truth come out, and the utter nonsense stops. This ET UFO connection is getting old. Reality is more closer to home than any farfetched out of this world theory.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've been in contact with some abductees who suggest that a more benevolent race has convinced the greys to cease their interference with the human race. As to whether I believe this, I'm a bit skeptical.

but it would help me sleep better at night!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good topic for discussion. I do watch the documentaries still, in particular the ones on the History Channel on Monday Nights. I believe its called "The UFO Files". It is interesting how a majority of the shows are still about Roswell and they follow up through UFO cases in the 1980's. These are times which played out durring the Cold War. The Cold War tensions were global and the UFO's phenomenon could not be ignored. Of course Governments were going to take UFO's seriously.

Now with the Internet global information and communications are faster. UFO's cases should be at an all time high. Instead, it is practicaly disapearing. Where we used to get Flying Saucers, we now get blips of light at night.

I know that there are people will bring up the Belgian Triangle, but as far as I can see there is only one image of that UFO that is supposed to be huge, slow and showed itself over many months. Doing simple math, one would imagine that a number of Belgians have access to cameras. Take into considertion how many would be blown away by a 200-300 yard long monolith in the sky that is moving slowly. Yet only one verified (blurry) picture
exists.

Yes, an Unidentified Flying Object is Unidentified.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty

The biggest news story we've had in a long time is about the 'UFO Hacker' (That I can think of). However, this does not constitute as direct news, which we seem to be drastically lacking (apart from the questionable Prophet Yahweh). No big sightings, no masses of abduction reports which we became accustomed to during the nineties, nothing really worthy of big mention.

The UFO Hacker was a while back early this year, what about the UFO footage from the Shuttle Mission this August ?

UFOs they have always come and gone in waves , sometimes gone for months or years .

So just because its not been "Hot " doesn't really mean much. IMO.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If there is a decline in UFO sightings, and they are all secret military craft, I guess that means we are not building any more secret aircraft. Or maybe they thought it would be better not to test them over heavily populated areas anymore. While we're at it, we had better stop violating the airspace of other countries also.

[/sarcasm]

[edit on 11/14/2005 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wouldn't a decline in sightings lend more credibility to the phenomenon?

It shows that the number of sightings is not related to the amount of media exposure. I think more sightings occur when people hear about a reported sighting, then more people start to watch the skies and even more are seen. This could be the reason why they tend to come in waves. But the current lull could also just be a real reduction in activity. Who knows?

Originally posted by nullster
I do watch the documentaries still, in particular the ones on the History Channel on Monday Nights. I believe its called "The UFO Files".

I found it ironic, that last night's episode was about secret military craft being mistaken as UFO's.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
UFO activity comes in what is known as Waves. These follow no consistant pattern, and they come and go.

While some sightings might be government aircraft and secret projects, that only explains a fraction of the phenomenon. For example, big black triangles were sighted two decades before the first stealth bomber was even on the drawing boards.

There are too many unknowns, and I highly doubt the answer is closer to home. The lack of consistant pattern, in my opinion, gives it more credibility. The 40's and 50's we had flyby and aerial surveilance reports, mainly. The 60's brought us to more close encounters and ground landings. The 70's were the beginning of the major abductions. The 80's continued alien abductions, as did the 90's. The 80's also saw the discovery of alot of government secrecy and intrigue surrounding the UFO phenomenon.

The 90's gave us the big wave of major sightings over major metro areas. Mexico City in 91, Belgian triangles in 1990-91, Phoenix lights in 97.

If the ufos did the same damn things withiut change for 50 plus years, Id begin to waonder. But we see a certain progression of UFO activity from aeril surveilance to ground landings to sample taking I(abductions) to bold displays of their craft over large areas.

In lack of consistancy in the phenomenon is trying to figure out what comes next! No body really knows why they are here.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
the UFO / Alien subject isnt dead

Your just jumping to conclusions because your pre-concieved notions wish to be fufilled so desparately

There isnt a decline or slow down of anything; your just assuming based on your limited view.

Calling people "UFO Nuts" IS agianst the terms and conditions also; so what yourself.

Honestly; It upsets me to see how someone can be so prejudice towards others because of their beliefs.

Im only prejudice towards you because your prejudice.
A Double negative but i dont care.

If your just gonna post topics like this, and bash all UFO believers; why dont you just leave the forum? We honestly dont need people making fun of us; we are here to do serious stuff, we arent playing games ok?

Why dont you PROVE theres been a decline in UFO sightings or whatever

Show me sources; link your INFORMATION, give us a friggin pie graph or something

Honestly i think your just saying these things because you wanna cause trouble. You presented no links or documentation that would suggest your assumption is even half - accurate.

Please dont come in here spouting BS...we will call you on it.

Oh and since your so ultimately convinced literally all UFO sightings were "Military secret craft"
Can you prove this? Do you have any govt documents that would suggest you are accurate in your suggestion?

I honestly think your blowing smoke; but you better watch out because half the members of this forum breathe fire, and they will burn you with their documents/sources/evidence/research

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

I believe the the Internet is a powerful information dislosure vehicle. This really is the Information Age. If it's out there, people can post it at the click of a button or can find someone who will.
The decline in UFO sightings is relative to the number of sightings that have been scrutinized and found to be hoaxes. The 1990's proved that anyone could post a UFO, but at the same time those posts came under intense public scrutiny. Now hundreds if not thousands of people with various educational backgrounds can analyze information as it's made available. A concensus can be reached in hours or days where before the Internet it would take years.
In short the decrease is largely due to people not being able to pull hoaxes off. ATS is a very good example of that process in action.

Originally posted by Hal9000 I found it ironic, that last night's episode was about secret military craft being mistaken as UFO's.

I loved that Episode of The UFO Files last night. I am doing research into the Cold War era for a fictional story I am working on involving UFOs. This was a time when the world was gripped by the possibility of Nuclear Holocaust and the increase of "Flying Saucer" sightings. The more I look into it the more I believe that the US had an alternate Science/Space program. Many secret US Cold War designs released in the last 6 years were saucer shaped. There's allot more, but I'll leave it at that.

What many people don't realize is that we did develop nuclear propulsion for aircraft which was nixed for use in public recognized programs. That didn't keep them from using that propulsion for other purposes. Hence high radioactive traces at many sites.

Although I do not believe the Nazi's had any UFO technologies, both the US and the Germans were designing saucer shaped conventional aircraft. I've researched German WWII aircraft designs for many years and many were ahead of their time, but the saucer shaped ones are missidentified.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster

Originally posted by Hal9000

In short the decrease is largely due to people not being able to pull hoaxes off. ATS is a very good example of that process in action.

Possibly, and this was discussed on this recent thread, that I see you were engaged in.

Internet Killed the Alien Star

I have not had time to read this yet, but will later. But my initial reaction is I don't think the Internet is any kind of a deterent to hoaxes.

Originally posted by Hal9000 I found it ironic, that last night's episode was about secret military craft being mistaken as UFO's.

I loved that Episode of The UFO Files last night. I am doing research into the Cold War era for a fictional story I am working on involving UFOs.

There were stories I had not heard of before in that episode, and some cool looking saucer aircraft, but ironically they have the same problem proving they actually existed. I will also look into these and maybe we can debate them in the future.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Popular Science did a great article on the USAF Nuclear UFO and has since pulled the article off its site. I copied the article but I know I can't post it. But here are some pictures from the original. The Cold War really pushed radical UFO designs to the limits.

Excerpts from the article

Anticipating that the first generation of communist atomic bombs would be as heavy as those America had dropped on Japan, it seemed reasonable to U.S. defense planners that the Soviet air force, which then lacked a nuclear bomber, would try to adapt German disc technology. The United States was, after all, doing exactly the same thing with the V-2s and Nazi rocket scientists it had spirited away in Operation Paper Clip.

In our July 1997 cover story, "Roswell Plus 50," POPULAR MECHANICS detailed how Air Force interestin duplicating Nazi technology led to two American flying disc projects. Project Silver Bug sought to build a vertical takeoff and landing aircraft. Project Pye Wacket was to create small discs for use as air-to-air missiles. Documents declassified since then point to a third secret project, a 40-ft. "flying saucer" designed to rain nuclear destruction on the Soviet Union from 300 miles in space.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Your just jumping to conclusions because your pre-concieved notions wish to be fufilled so desparately

There isnt a decline or slow down of anything; your just assuming based on your limited view.

Calling people "UFO Nuts" IS agianst the terms and conditions also; so what yourself.

Honestly; It upsets me to see how someone can be so prejudice towards others because of their beliefs.

Im only prejudice towards you because your prejudice.
A Double negative but i dont care.

If your just gonna post topics like this, and bash all UFO believers; why dont you just leave the forum? We honestly dont need people making fun of us; we are here to do serious stuff, we arent playing games ok?

Show me sources; link your INFORMATION, give us a friggin pie graph or something

Honestly i think your just saying these things because you wanna cause trouble. You presented no links or documentation that would suggest your assumption is even half - accurate.

Oh and since your so ultimately convinced literally all UFO sightings were "Military secret craft"
Can you prove this? Do you have any govt documents that would suggest you are accurate in your suggestion?

I honestly think your blowing smoke; but you better watch out because half the members of this forum breathe fire, and they will burn you with their documents/sources/evidence/research

You are exactly right, I completely agree. They are jumping to conclusions and seeing what they want to see.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'd put myself about halfway between Shorty and Muzzleflash, probably more on Shorty's side to be honest.
A lot of everyday people don't take the subject of UFOs seriously because it seems intrinsically linked to far-fetched claims of widespread alien abductions, government-NWO-alien partnerships, and completely unsupportable claims of knowledge of alien races and their motives.
It's a shame really, because Unidentified Flying Objects are a REAL phenomenon. To claim you've seen a UFO should only mean that you've seen something that you couldn't recognise, and there are many possibilities as to what that was. However, upon saying you've seen a UFO or believe in the phenomenon, a lot of people would think you're a "UFO nut", obsessed with aliens.

I believe in UFOs, I myself have seen 3, 2 of those with other witnesses. I've seen a possible forth (with witness) but it was of such a short duration I don't really count it (we both saw a bright silver object on a hillside due to light being reflected off it at us, but looking again after being dazzled we only saw a grassy hillside). The durations of my 3 sightings vary from around 10 seconds to over 15 minutes.
I wrote an account of my first sighting, which actually corroborates with another person's report (so not only myself and my friend seeing it, but another person/group at the same time) with minimal replies. It's frustrating when a thread that speculates that a planet of lion people is coming closer to earth and it's approach is a sign of impending doom gets more posts.

I could never say that UFOs are all secret military aircraft, and I do believe a few of them could originate from outside of our planet. Thing is, a lot of people here jump from simply believing some UFOs are extra-terrestrial to claiming that thousands of aliens live in secret bases on earth, that alien-adbuction is rife and that the NWO is helping the aliens prepare for an invasion. All this completely ridiculous pure speculation is actually turning me off the subject of UFOs and aliens, and ATS all together.

Can't there be a happy medium?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Happy Medium
I've said it before. There needs to be a classification system. Unfortunately I see some open minded people get lumped in with the UFO fringe. One mindset simply can't be all things to all people. There are different classes for everything in life. There should be one for UFO enthusists and Skeptics. A simple test scale of questions with a defining score.

I know a few people who believe in UFO's but they are very very cautious not to jump to conclusions and flag anything as being of alien origin. Then there are the types that will pass virtually anything presented in stories or images as factual or proof. These people will continue to promote events or images already proven as hoaxes. These are the ones easily alarmed/angered by those that suggest more practical earthly explanations.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

What the...hell. You're the only person getting offensive up here. I don't know who exactly you're directing this towards, me or infinite or both (might be better to make some distinction, rather than skipping from saying about UFOs not being gov't craft, and UFOs still being all over the place) but it would appear it's one or both of us.

Proof ? I think it's possible that, like people have said, sightings come in waves, but there has been a drop in UFO sightings and reports. Perhaps there are as many sightings as ever and they just don't get as much media coverage as once they did. Maybe it's just that we have bigger things to worry about.

I'm not convinced they're all of terrestrial origin...what?

British UFO-spotting clubs may have to close because of a lack of sightings.

source

Norway's most renowned spot for mysterious aerial sightings, the
village of Hessdalen in South Troendelag, is experiencing a
dearth of sightings. The valley community's measuring station
has registered 120-130 unidentifiable light phenomena since
1998, but only one in the past year, newspaper VG reports.

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Sorry, I couldn't get a 'friggin pie chart or something'.

Here's just two sites but what was the last big thing that happened? Hasn't it been pretty quiet lately? Simply, yes (although, there were some reports from Mexico and Brazil as I remember).

Why would I want to cause trouble? What documentation or links do you have to back that assumption up...
If you think it's wrong, that's fine, however, saying something I spent my time to create and work on is simply BS is wrong and offensive. If you have nothing to say other than "you're wrong, this is BS, prove it" why bother saying anything?

I have no preconceived ideas about the UFO phenomena. Nor do I have any wish regarding this to be 'fulfilled so desperately'.

Anyway, this being said, can we discuss the subject of this thread? Which is whether or not there has been a drop in UFO sightings and why there seem to be so many UFO docus about claiming to explain all of the UFO phenomena (inaccurately).

[edit on 15-11-2005 by shorty]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm certain that by now our governments have all but perfected their civilian UFO/ET information squelching schemes. I imagine they also have made large strides in UFO/ET defense. Perhaps managing to trim how many UFOs come and go from Earth, creating a lesser percentage of sightings.

I personally haven't noticed a decline. At least when I read reports from sites like www.nuforc.org which seems to have no sign of slow-down.

In 2004 the big news was the Mexico UFO video which even got very short national media coverage. This year so far the public hasn't been treated to such a new report, but its not as if there hasn't been other fairly high profile cases making the news like the Coahuila Mexico UFO video (still only seen in pictures by most of the world). Early in 2005, the late Peter Jenning's prime-time UFO special was aired on ABC, which was very high profile for this subject. As was Steven Speilberg's first alien movie in a long while, and the recent success of the ET-filled Star Wars sequel. So public awareness of the subject doesn't appear to be waning.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well i think the reason why the lack of UFO reports is as others have said is that the event comes in waves. I reckon that we are being prepared now for something quite spectacular to happen in the next wave, the ailen/grey iconic figure is now recognised by a large proportion of the earth's population be it through advertising, tee shirts, stickers or tv/drama/films. Lets face it how many people saw the face/body of a grey during the early 1980s for example. I reckon now that all of this is assimilated into our culture we now conditioned for first contact. Their is an expectation around the world that this will happen. The only question is when. Tomorrow? Next Year, next decade or 2012?? Who knows. But i just feel in my bones we are gonna be in for a cosmic event of some sort.

new topics

top topics

join