It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great, now I'm hearing things....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I don't know if this is even really worthy of a post, but I thought I'd share it anyways since it was the first time I have experienced such a thing.

So yesterday I got up, went to work from about 10-3, came home. A few hours later at around 5 I decided to lay down for a little while until supper. We ordered pizza and I was just waiting for someone to come back with it. So then it happened. I'm laying there and all of a sudden, I hear this woman's voice inside my head:

"Love has been given to you..."

and then I turned over before I knew what was going on, and it stopped. Have a feeling it wouldn't have stopped if I didn't move though. I would have thought that if I heard a voice in my head that wasn't my own, I would start freaking out. But surprisingly, I wasn't scared. It was a very soft and relaxed voice. I knew that I was going to forget it if I didn't write it down, so I immediately got up and wrote it on a little pad of sticky notes I keep beside my bed for reminders.

I would just like to also state that I wasn't asleep when this happened. I was fully awake, but with my eyes closed, just resting. I may have been slightly drifting towards sleep, but this wasn't a dream or anything.

Then I went to try and find out if it might have just been something normal. I went into my sisters room and asked her if she was listening to a song with a girl's voice in it, and she said no. She was listening to Pantera (which is a metal band). I asked her to go back to the previous song anyways, and I have determined that there is nothing in the song like what I heard. My mom had gone to pick up the pizza, and my dad was in the basement, so there is no way that it could have just been someone talking.

So yes, I am hearing things and possibly starting to finally go completely insane. Eh, at least they are saying nice things, not some crazy demonic voice in my head
. Anyways, I would just like some input, and if anybody can tell me what this line means, it would help. I've Googled it, and it only came up with about 2 pages of indirect references.
What does it mean??? Input please! Thanks. And I'd like to see if anybody else has had a similar experience.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You could have experienced one of the things that may preceed an OOBE...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Really? Haven't heard of that, and I have been looking into AP/OOBE for a long time. When I have tried astral projection, I've gotten the vibrations etc etc, but I have never heard anything like this. And I was also not purposefully trying to project this time, and I haven't tried for months. If that means I'm getting closer though, cool.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Well, yes, you could be closer.

When you're approaching AP, you may feel vibrations, you may feel energy, you may experience paralysis and you could also hear noises or voices. Or you may not.

The theory is that you're more likely to feel vibrations and energy, but it isn't impossible for you to just hear voices.

For example, some days ago, it was early morning and i got woken up buy a quite loud voice that was saying something like "Wa wa wa wa wa wa wa". I turned my head to better hear this voice, and it just vaded away, as if somebody had lowered its volume. Maybe i was about to undergo an AP... if only i had stayed still!!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Wow. So it isn't just me. That's good. lol.

What could "Love has been given to you." mean though. Bah... brain teasers. lol. If your AP theory is correct, then maybe it means that I have been given help to AP and someone will help "pull me out". Or given some other sort of 'gift' that I haven't noticed yet. What a vague, riddled sentence.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ive had it happen before i was laying in bed. Not really trying oobe or anything just laying still in a kinda meditative state and i got to the point where i was rather numb. When i heard my name called it was a female voice coming from what seemed like the window. It really creeped me out and woke me up but maybe if i had stayed still. I would of move farther along in the process idk. It was about 3am or so so i dont think it was a person outside my window.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its funny, I also noticed strange ''voices''. They occur only when im concentrated doing something (typing a text, or even something trivial like washing the dishes''. It happened only a few times, but i would hear a feminine voice calling my name, very clearly, when of course no one was around. The voice would come from begind me. Weird.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It once happened to me once... i was dressing up for the day, if i recall correctly, and i heard some voice... don't remember if male or female, nor what it said. I thought it was some kinda "hallucination" because i had just got up and was still a little sleepy...

top topics

join