It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Extremists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just a thought. I wonder if global security would be able to cope if there were Christian extremists, or even Buddhist extremists.

And before anybody makes the point.....we're all aware of GWB's religious leaning and yes I suppose he is an extremist.

Any thoughts?

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Monkfish]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monkfish
Just a thought. I wonder if global security would be able to cope if there were Christian extremists, or even Buddhist extremists.

And before anybody makes the point.....we're all aware of GWB's religious leaning and yes I suppose he is an extremist.

Any thoughts?

This is a very interesting subject indeed, ive always wondered where are the extremists from other religions? its virtually unheard of a Christian or Hindu suicide bomber ...... but i have this feeling that if tensions escalate throughout the world that we may begin to see some.

I know certain teachings of Islam glorify suicide killing for there Jihad, so i guess the big difference is in the teachings, other religions wouldnt do it for fear of going to hell?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
other religions wouldnt do it for fear of going to hell?

Other relgions wouldnt consider if for the simple fact

its a retarded thing to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Other relgions wouldnt consider if for the simple fact

its a retarded thing to do.

Yes i understand that .... BUT surely there must be some extremist people somewhere just flying the banner of that religion .... or perhaps there just isnt lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
www.enduringword.com...

Well if the Christian world were to interpret this in the same way Muslims have.

Ironically, the Qu'ran frequently mentions the toleration of other religions, something that the Bible dosen't. Seems strange that the two faiths have turned basic values upside down.

I suppose after hundreds of yours of bossing people about, Christianity has come out the other side and said "Hang on, we're all human irrespective of what book you read".

I'm longing for the day that the minority lunatics of Islam will wake up and smell the beans.

A message from someone who is a normal loving human being.....

"We're all human, we cannot continue evolving as a species if you war against race or religion".

Misery is something man has mastered.....Love is not.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If the world were full of christian extremist there would be world peace because there would be nothing left but christian extremist. If christians truely followed the bible all none belivers would be killed. OH wait, that is going to happen, perhaps even soon............Dec 2012 maybe..........

Christ himself is going to kill all none belivers when he returns. Lake of fire or something.................

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Bush is an extremist? Where do you get that?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

I know certain teachings of Islam glorify suicide killing for there Jihad, so i guess the big difference is in the teachings, other religions wouldnt do it for fear of going to hell?

Ever studied Qur'an or other sources of Islamic Laws?

Islam has hard conditions to start Jihad; if started Muslims have to abide by the rules of Jihad, more humanitarian than the Geneva Convention.

Isalm shuns suicide. It is a religion of hope and eternity.
Jihad literally means effort for the benefits and wellbeing of Muslims. All states and rules and laws mean same thing for their people.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
most religions have had there zealots do something wrong in the name of their god. Most religions have missionaries that go out and try and convert people to their thinking.

wahhabi islam (and other hardline extremist islamics) is doing that thru terror, no?

as for your answer, where are the chatholic terrorists? stand outside an abortion clinic, you'll find some. They don't blow themselves up but they are there using scare tactics. every so often there is a killing in the name of god.

suicide bombers are not the only means of terror. suicide bombers are actually a rather simple form of terror. perhaps their lack of sophistication is why you don't find others using that method

perhaps it is because wahabbi followers (and other hardline islamic fundamentalists) believe that dying for their faith is a go directly to heaven card. perhaps, because these same people put more value in the afterlife than the current life, they are actually willing to die for their faith.

I think it is a bit of all of that coupled with basic education that gives the majority of people the knowledge that, in its simplest form, life is good, death is bad.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
More People have died in the name of God or some name like God!

I sometime think that man just likes to kill. We get pissed off or on some power kick and unleash the dogs of war. I would like to think that God would not like to see people die in his....... ok........ or her name. ( I said it)
God has the power to take lives............... let God do his or her own work!
We think We are so smart now days........ and We are, just to much red tape.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Good topic; Christian extremist? Once they cross a line they are no longer following the teaching of Christ. Thus you can NOT call them Christian any longer. EVEN if they claim to be one. You will know a Christian by their fruits.

Same token Christians are people too and can make mistakes, but it is that line they cross when they willfully do that they know is wrong. When they stop following Christ and have their own agenda there is a huge issue.

Do Not be fooled by people when they say "they are Christian" and do nothing Christian like or bare good fruits.

If you think Christians or Christianity is rule by death, destruction, or chaos. Then you do not know or have met a real christian. They do not these things...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr101HazardousGod has the power to take lives............... let God do his or her own work!

who's god. mine? yours? theirs? that, is the issue at hand no? everyone thinks theirs is best, we can't all be right can we?

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
Once they cross a line they are no longer following the teaching of Christ. Thus you can NOT call them Christian any longer.

on the contrary, the extremist thinks you are the one that is not a true

Originally posted by GameSetMatchYou will know a Christian by their fruits.

not all priests expose themselves (sorry, couldn't resist)

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Just a thought. I wonder if global security would be able to cope if there were Christian extremists

I don't know how the world would be able to cope with the results. I would hate to see anyone live by these extremist rules. (obvious sarcasm)

You shall have no other gods before me.
You shall not make for yourself a graven image
You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Honor your father and your mother.
You shall not kill.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not covet.

I know everyone thinks the first 4 commandments would lead to extremist behavior, but those last 6 really make it hard to conquer the world and crush the opposition until they submit to your will. (Hint suicide bombs are a no-no) Global security wouldn't even be involved.

I think the obvious is being overlooked here. True Christians believe that God is the judge, jury, executioner, and enforcer of these commandments, so hey, if you don't want to follow them that's between you and God.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates True Christians believe that God is the judge, jury, executioner, and enforcer of these commandments, so hey, if you don't want to follow them that's between you and God.

a "true christian" might say "god will forgive me for killing these people to get his message across"

anyone willing to kill for a cause, or to kill themselves for a cause is not exactly dealing with a full deck. So, their thinking, while calm and rational in their mind, is a little skewed, no?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
You obviously have no idea about Christianity. If you did, you'd know how stupid that comment made you look.

A trur Christian will attempt to carry out his obligation of the Great Commission. This is to spread the word. It is not his right, duty or obligation to kill the non-believer. As a matter of fact, once a non-believer dies, he is lost forever, and that should break a Christian's heart.

Funny, how people can say things that are opposite of reality, yet think they are so brilliant.

What is this doing in WoT?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
But that would be totally illogical. Killing to convert someone would take away their freedom of choice, a key feature of Christianity. If you force them to convert, it's not a true conversion, so it's meaningless. If you killed them before they converted then you just doomed them for eternity. Conversion only works if the person makes that choice for themselves.

Go back and look at the roots of Christianity and the early church in the first century. You'll see that the Christian church did not muster armies, did not call for the overthrow of government, and even encouraged it's members to be good citizens, told slaves not to run away, but to serve their masters as best they can.

Christianity has only caused harm when tyrants used it to subdue the masses. The Bible was at one time withheld from Christians by those in power. The Roman church even went so far as to threaten execution to those caught with a Bible in another language besides Latin. They were afraid they would loose control of their crusaders if they ever learned what the Bible actually said. Their fears were not unfounded, because given the option to personally study the Bible Christians again revert back to the example shown them in the book of Acts, and the life of Christ.

The Crusades could not happen today because the masses can read the Bible for themselves, instead of listening to someone else's twisted view of the Bible. How dangerous was the Bible in peasants hands? The Pope was so furious at John Wycliffe for translating the Bible in to English (1380) , that he had his bones dug up and crushed, then thrown into the river. Is it a coincidence that the Crusades seemed to stop around the time that the Bible became available to the masses? I think not. Once the masses were given the whole truth as presented in the Scriptures, the kings and popes could not wield the same power they once did.

I can see that Christian is being played against Islam here. (Why the War on Terror forum?) Let me say that in contrast, once give the ability to read the Bible for themselves, Christians started acting more like Christians should. The time of Christian world conquest by force is gone. What excuse do Muslims around the world have? The Koran is available in many languages and at most book stores. Why would the violence continue, unless it was not in conflict with the Koran. Perhaps we should read about the roots of Islam, and how it was founded once again before we compare the two religions again. Islam was founded on violence and aggression. Christianity at its roots was founded and spread with the mission of spreading the news of God's love for humanity, and never by force. I think once you understand history, and look at the roots of each religion you'll understand the difference between the radical Christian and the radical Muslim.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You obviously have no idea about Christianity. If you did, you'd know how stupid that comment made you look.

A trur Christian will attempt to carry out his obligation of the Great Commission. This is to spread the word. It is not his right, duty or obligation to kill the non-believer. As a matter of fact, once a non-believer dies, he is lost forever, and that should break a Christian's heart.

Funny, how people can say things that are opposite of reality, yet think they are so brilliant.

What is this doing in WoT?

I'm assuming that was directed at me so I'm responding, in kind. I clearly said that anyone willing to kill or be killed for their beliefs is not sane. It was pretty obvious that I was saying they might say it and be wrong but that they would not see it that way.

your attitude and attack is appalling, especially for an administrator. it's a discussion and you went into attack mode without reason.

dbates, I agree that it would be illogical to kill someone for almost any reason however, I gave you the point of view of the fanatic. if they think god is their jury etc, then killing for him, in the eyes of a lunatic, might be a pardonable offense.

the concept of killing to convert is not a matter of killing someone to make them what you want them to be. rather, it is killing them so the next group will convert. terrorize them and they will accept your ways. the inquisition went that route

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

or even Buddhist extremists.

What, exactly, would qualify one as a 'buddhist extremist?' Sitting zenzazen 24/7?

Ah--but remember:

'Everything in moderation, even moderation!' (Buddhist proverb)

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Go back and look at the roots of Christianity and the early church in the first century. You'll see that the Christian church did not muster armies, did not call for the overthrow of government, and even encouraged it's members to be good citizens, told slaves not to run away, but to serve their masters as best they can.

Islam was founded on violence and aggression. Christianity at its roots was founded and spread with the mission of spreading the news of God's love for humanity, and never by force. I think once you understand history, and look at the roots of each religion you'll understand the difference between the radical Christian and the radical Muslim.

Is it history, fiction or your own thoughts.

Timeline of Jerusalem

1099 AD- Crusaders capture Jerusalem and slaughter most of the city's Muslim and Jewish inhabitants.

1190 AD- Saladdin takes over Jerusalem from the Crusaders and lifts the ban for Jews to live there.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
No, that's not the history of Christianity, you've picked a date almost 1,100 years afterwords. I clearly said that Christianity was founded on peace, but when they started restricting access to the Scriptures it was taken over by tyranny and papal abuse. Once Christians were able to get unrestricted access to the Bible again, this type of behavior died off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join