It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Greek Gods were Aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have been reading that the ancient Greek Gods were actually large giant-type hominoids from the 12th planet. Anyone have more information or thoughts on this?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sickaluph,
Do you have a link or book title regarding where you read this? That would help kick start the discussion.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I wouldn't think so. The Greeks created their gods in their own image, as their writings and art (especially statuary) shows.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
its says it on x-files so it has to be true

www.google.ie... ods+were+Aliens%22&btnG=Search&meta=

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
According to Josephus's, “History of the Jew’s”, he makes a relation between the Grecian Giants and the Giants of the Old Testament Bible, known as the Nephilim. These were supposedly the offspring of a mating between angels and humans, and follows suit with the mating of Greek gods with humans to create offspring that were mortal and yet divine, such as Hercules and Persious.

If you read some of the Psudopigraphal books of the Bible such as Enoch it expounds upon what is talked about in Genius 6. So it can be argued either way as to whether the Greek gods were aliens or fallen angles, it is a simple matter of which of the two you personally believe, but it is clear that there is a relationship between these entities.

[edit on 11/14/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
[edit on 14-11-2005 by THE_LYON_KING]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The most powerful god of the ANUNNAKI was ANU,and the most powerful of the OLYMPIANS was UR-ANU-S...

not true.

Ouranos -- which is not even linguistically close to "Anu" -- was not an Olympian; he was a precursor god. Zeus was the most powerful of the Olympians.

And that business about the Gods living on the mountains is standard for just about every culture mythos. Moses got the Tablets on Mount Sinai, the Hopi Katcinas lived on what is now Mt. Humphrey, the highest peak in Arizona, Pele lived on Mauna Loa in Hawaii, and so on.

The OLYMPIANS were called titans,which means giants.

No. Again, the Titans were not the Olympians, but precursor gods in the proto-Hellenic mythos.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
there was a show on the history channel about the greek myths , i think it was on on Halloween actually. It talked about some of these people finding gigantic bones over in greece. I cant remember all the details but i'm sure you could find more info. about it on historychannel.com. I do like this theory though. I also believe the God we speak of today may be some sort of alien lifeform, and the prophets such as mohammed and jesus may be a sort of lower alien lifeform.

Interesting idea for sure.
the flip side of the coin here is that we know that the greek gods were responsible for natural events that occured, such as the seasons, the sun, lightning, thunder. I think these are the true roots of religion, where there was not science to explain things, these stories formed and thus religions and the gods were born.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_LYON_KING
I think you were missing my point.The word uranus has the word ANU in it...urANUs....what im trying to say is the greeks adopted the gods of the sumerians.the mother god of the greeks was GAEA...the mother god of the sumerians was EA...EA is how we got the term EArth...or mother EArth..GAEA..EA were the same god just with two different names for two different cultures.I dont care what you might say because i know what i am talking about!

I'm afraid that theory won't fly for a number of reasons.

First, Ea is a god... not a goddess. He was the husband of an earth-goddess, and since he fathered another of the gods, it's pretty conclusive that there's no correlation:
ancienthistory.about.com...

When we have a blended god or a god that was derived from other cultures, we see shared and blended attributes. No such thing between Ea and Gaia. Ea has some attributes in common with Posidon, however-- a very VERY weak link could be made there.

BTW, the correct spelling for the Greek goddess is "Gaia."

And "earth" comes from an Middle English erthe, which comes from Old English eorthe. It probably has roots in the Germanic "erde" which means "ground." The Greek word for world is "oikoumene" -- also used was "kosmos."

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph
I have been reading that the ancient Greek Gods were actually large giant-type hominoids from the 12th planet. Anyone have more information or thoughts on this?

That may be one of the Zecharia Sitchin whoppers. In any case, it's false.

The Greeks believed they were deities...not aliens, not visitors, but in-the-sky deities. Nor is there any human life on the 12th planet (which would be the currently-named "Xena", with Sedna being the 11th.)

I think Sitchin is getting desperate since his other material is failing in sales and he's been debunked all over the Internet. He tried unsuccessfully to tie the Sumerians in with it, and now someone's trying the same thing with the Greek gods. As the Greeks themselves can tell you, this tie-in is the most unbelievable nonsense in the galaxy.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The 12th planet is a reality,the 12th planet is called nibiru ,the royal familes of nibiru are called the royal house of avyon ,and aln.Ayvon represents the cherubim,which are the human/lion tribes.and the Aln represent the seraphim who are the bird and serpents triibes.Nibiru can now be seen in our southern skys,its the brighest thing in the sky beside the moon.Nibiru has gold dust which surronds it.it protects the nibiruans from radiation,The gold dust is the reason why nibiru is so bright in our skys.Nasa has tried to say it was venus...buts thats bull#...ITS NIBIRu!!!!!!!!!!...your prolly wondering why has it returned>>>>WELL THE ANSWER IS THE RAPTURE>>>OR HARVEST>>>>they are coming to take the most balanced souls on our planet,and bring them into the 5th dimesnsion.Anu is the 5Th dimensional ruler of nibiru.YES enki and enlil do exist.THey will come in 2006..to begin the harvest....this can be found in revalations chapter 6>>>>jesus will not return...but nibiru is...nibirus other name is HEAVEN....THERE IS A COUNCIL OF 24 ELDER ABOARD NIBIRU...THEY ALL EXIST IN DIFFERENT DIMESNIONS..BUT ARE STILL ABLE TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF EACH OTHER...ANU IS THE ONE TRUE GOD OF THE HOLY BIBLE...HE IS A HUMAN...FROM THE HOUSE OF AVYON...IDN WHAT MORE CAN I SAY...POST YOUR COMMENTS!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think Sitchin is getting desperate since his other material is failing in sales and he's been debunked all over the Internet. He tried unsuccessfully to tie the Sumerians in with it, and now someone's trying the same thing with the Greek gods. As the Greeks themselves can tell you, this tie-in is the most unbelievable nonsense in the galaxy.

I think Sitchin makes a lot of sense. Sitchin's failing sales can be attributed more to the fringe subject matter. At one time his ideas were new and exciting, they're not anymore. He's old news now, but that doesn't make his theories any less plausible.

The way I see it the gods/aliens/Annunaki, starting from the Sumerians, became increasingly less involved with each great civilization up until the Romans, who seemed to have no interaction with gods.

I happen to think Sitchin's theories are right.

Peace

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickaluph

I don't think it's that the Greek gods themselves were aliens per se. More like the Greeks took the extraterrestrial history of other civilizations and incorporated them into their artful myths.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The Lion tribe created the HUmans in the constellation LYRA/LYON? on a planet called AVyon.The first humans had red and blonde hair,they were between 12-14 feet tall(GREEK GODS ,MAYBE?),i guess you could say they were giants!...The lion used a similar species to the earth primate ,to adjust there lion bodies into a upright position,basically just using the bone structure of the ape..BTW this just didnt happen in a few days...this took millions of years...and if it wasnt for that,,you wouldnt be here now...The lions began doing more experimenst on the apes,until they created the first humans...as humans became as intelligent as the lions were they began to be accepted into the house of AVyon,THe humans began to spread throughout the galaxy cOlonizing planets such as the ones in sirus and the pleadees and also earth!...Heres a picture of the sphinx....WHAT THE SPHINX IS REALLY SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT IS THE BOND WE SHARE WITH THE LION RACE....WITHOUT THE LION RACE WE WOULD NOT EXIST WERE WE ARE NOW...SO REALLY THE SPHINX WAS A REMINDER FOR THE HUMANS ON EARTH OF THERE GALACTIC HERITAGE...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And were is the proof to back this all up?

Mod edit: removed quote from previous post

[edit on 14-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nonsense)) If it was so, where r these gods/aliens now?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The greek gods likely weren't humanoid aliens, as the greek gods only are depicted in human form long after their worship was established. It was a 'revolution' in greek religion that started to present the incoroporeal gods in human forms, a revolution that is said to have had its culmination in Homer's works.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
What is it you want me to prove?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
So where is the monument to Scar?

Sorry, but the by subject line that Greek gods were aliens, or derivitive of, I can accept and see how maybe ancient history has been molded into modern myth and legend. There seems to me be too much evidence to point to us coming from somewhere other than earth and bieng put or created here, our somehow escaping to here. Maybe that is why there is nothing left to Mars and our ancestors were settlers here, or did our ancestors create the greenhouse on Venus and . Did they then escape to the last, and most beautiful, planet earth?

However, A very large breakdown in society would occur if Religion was suddenly proven false one day with the arrival of something from another planet here on earth which is why I believe alot of findings and discoveries are suppressed. Relgion installs fear, and science in vokes thought. You cannot control people who think thier own thoughts.

I can accept something like I jsut stated, then telling me I am a half lion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join