It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Cattle Deaths Occur in One Indian Village

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Mystery death of cattle stuns Rayan village

About 171 cows died in past 10 days, for unknown medical reasons, in Rayan Talavdi village in Ajwa taluka. Cattle owners and veterinary doctors fear the deaths could have taken place due to spread of a dangerous epidemic in the village.

A large number of families, mostly shepherds, are involved in milk producing business in this village that has around 960 cows and buffaloes. "Surprisingly, a cattle has been perishing one by one in the last 10 days. On the first day about five cows died. The cows first vomited blood then fainted and died," informed Vijay Bharwad, president of Rayan Talavdi milk production committee, which supplies milk to Baroda Dairy. On Wednesday, four more cows were reported dead.

This apart, three camels and four buffaloes have also died in the village. "Since the number of death among the cattle is so huge, it is very difficult to discharge their bodies. Stray dogs have also died after eating the dead cattle. Maybe some dangerous epidemic has struck the village," informed Mr. Bharwad.The veterinary doctors from Baroda Dairy have also failed to ascertain the reason behind the deaths.

When asked about the delay in informing the government and municipal authorities about the incident, cattle owners failed to give any concrete answer. Meanwhile, Baroda district development officer M. Thennarson informed that three teams of doctors were sent to the village on Wednesday evening to look into the matter. They will try to diagnose the possible cause. "We will provide all possible help to the villagers. The report will be forwarded to higher authorities in Gandhinagar also, as the number of deaths is too high," said Mr. Thennarson.

This is insane! I've never heard of such a thing...

What is going on over there?????

[edit on 14-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
What country is this in???

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oh sorri .... I just read article. India.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Could be copper toxicosis? I know it is not lead. The cattle would have gone crazy first.

Cattle that vomit are rare, usely from a virus but I have seen cattle vomit from drinking crude oil.

Roper

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Do you know if that would cause death by eating the flesh of the carcasses?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I would not eat any animal that showing signs of abnormality.

I would need to be there to look things over to make a good guess.

Roper

top topics

join