It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Conference in Vienna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
International Conference on Islam is being held these days in Vienna, with a lot of very prominent guests: Hamid Kharzai (president of Afganistan), Khatami (former president of Iran), Gilles Kepel (one of the leading experts on islamic terrorism), Shirin Ebadi (winner of the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003), Jalal Talabani (President of Iraq) and many others.

Vienna, 8 November - Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik will welcome high-ranking guests to the conference on Islam in a Pluralistic World taking place from 14 to 16 November 2005 in Vienna.
"Relations between the Muslim and non-Muslim world dominate public and private discussion. In a globalised world, there are increasing points of contact between cultures and civilisations. At the same time, mistrust and violence are also growing on both the regional and global level, not least in Europe, where an increasing number of Muslim citizens are seeking their rightful place in society. This conference should foster mutual understanding, dialogue and cooperation between cultures and religions," says Plassnik.

Click here for more info

Representatives of other religions will be there too, of course; prominent names include Cardinal Christoph Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna and Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I, head of Orthodoxy.

When a terrorist coughs, it is breaking news everywhere for days, but a conference like this seems to be VERY low profile in the media.

I think it is important to emphasize the significance of conferences like this one, specially in the light of many comments like "muslims do not want to admit they have problems" or "they just want to kill everyone", that I have seen around this board these days (and in dumbed down mass media of course).

So, in the spirit of ATS being different and all, I am posting this so those who actually care about whats really going on can read about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
So, in the spirit of ATS being different and all, I am posting this so those who actually care about whats really going on can read about it.

with the section its been put in (hot bed for anti islamic topics and replys)
i really doubt people will care (maybe a few)

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Islamic Conference in Vienna, to be discussed in this forum.

Is it a terrorist activity? An anti-terrorist activity?........I don't see!

Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam.

Contrary to other religions, Islam is not just beliefs and services/prayers.
It is a way of life, a bond of brotherhood that does not allow discrimination on basis of race, color, region or language.

Islam ordered education for all when Europe was in Dark ages. It spread into three continents in less than a century and patronised arts and science. Greek literature was translated to arabic and its science and ideas were assimilated into Islamic Philosphy and literature. Muslims taught the then ignorants of Europe in universities of its domain.

Islam still persists and is loved where ever it was taken since those days ( except Spain where "Ehnic cleansing" wiped it out). A century long harsh communist regime in USSR could not erode belief in it.

Islam is not a new nightmare like new 'world order'. It exists and is practised for 14 centuries. It built and ruled empires. In todays world it is a major religion, a preaching religion and an advancing religion.

In the cold war period it were USA and Europe seeking refuge behind religious hardline of Chritianity and Islam. They planted the seed of terrorism and harboured it to avert/defeat 'RED STORM'.

Terrorism is 'illegitimate baby of New World Order'.
Grown up now, it has the habits of parents. It asserts itself and seeks share as hier of USA and Europe, then who is responsible .............?

........AS YOU SOW SO SHALL YOU REEP..........

Red storm is finished, new world order may fail or succeed; Islam has moral, philosophical, humanitarian and historical values and assets that can never be eroded. Even terrorists can not do it.

As to why not a lead story in the news......? You know, i know and every one knows........!

Stories and news are sold in this free market economy.

Terrorism is a sensational hot cake, Isalm is not. Why to let the masses of the west let know facts about Islam, and read the minds of Muslims?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"God — The Koran asserts that the god of Islam is the God of Christians and Jews (Sura 29:46). Nothing could be farther from the truth.7 "

www.apologeticsindex.org...

If this conference is to convert to Christianity then it is a good thing. Otherwise it is just a place to plot the next attack on the world.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis
"God — The Koran asserts that the god of Islam is the God of Christians and Jews (Sura 29:46). Nothing could be farther from the truth.7 "

If this conference is to convert to Christianity then it is a good thing. Otherwise it is just a place to plot the next attack on the world.

Well stated but mis-interpreted.

Qura'n Sura29:46 as translated By Pickthall:

'And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender."

.... so "ALLAH is the only God",
................. you be Jew, Christian or Muslim, Allah is the only GOD, is Unique and single, omnipotent, creator of everything and owner of all the worlds and people..............

Musims believe in Allah, Prophets and the Scriptures.
They believe that all religions of Scriptures ( Jews, Christians and Muslims) are fundamentally same.
It is the changes/ amendments in the writings of the Bible that has changed the concepts of Jews and Christians.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermopolis

If you believe in God, then God according to Islam is only ONE.

If not then

Qur'n Sura 109:
--------------------
109:0 In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
109:1 Say: O disbelievers!
10921 I worship not that which ye worship;
109:3 Nor worship ye that which I worship.
109:4 And I shall not worship that which ye worship
109:5 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
109:6 Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

If still arguments, Qura'n orders tolerance in Sura 29:46

'And argue not with the People of the Scripture unless it be in (a way) that is better, save with such of them as do wrong; and say: We believe in that which hath been revealed unto us and revealed unto you; our God and your God is One, and unto Him we surrender."

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hmm, I guess the Islamaphopes here in ATS didn't see this thread I guess. They're always saying that the real Islam isn't doing anything much to stop the terrorist that are using Islam to achieve their goals. Actually, most muslims worldwide have done significant things to ensure such terrorism thoughts and ideas are not inculcate in the growing muslim child.

Personally, I think such talks and conference are a best way to show our response to international terrorism of Islamic fanatics. But I guess the mass media is just down playing like any other.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Islamaphobes?

All terrorists and their patrons are really Islamaphobes.

They see and favor evey thing or news that can be exploited against Islam.
For them terrorism is food and terrorist attacks are incentives to carry out the global clash of civilisations.

By implicating Islam in all terror activities they are serving What?

Islamic conference is a healthy activity to further the conversation of civilisations.
Do Islamaphobes fear a defeat from Islamic Idealogy?

new topics

top topics

join