It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imitation: Flattery's highest form.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Jerusalem Post reports that Russian security experts want to build a security fence along the Chechen border and met with Israeli officials to learn more about doing so.

The Russian government is mulling the construction of a security barrier along the border with Chechnya similar to Israel's West Bank security fence as part of its efforts to combat Muslim terror, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Internal Security Minister Gideon Ezra met on Monday with Dmitry Kozak, head of counterterrorism in Chechnya and the Kremlin's envoy to southern Russia, for talks on the effectiveness of the security fence and Israel's overall success in fighting Palestinian terror.

Link to the article

According to Israeli officials, the talks focused primarily on the Russian construction of a security fence. Dmitry Kozak told the participants he would bring the issue up back in Russia and recommend it as a viable means to fight terror.

Interesting that the Russians are talking to the Israelis concerning the construction of a Russian-Chechen security fence. Probably due to the lack of mainstream media coverage mentioning or detailing last month's incident involving a small army of Chechen fighters launching a massive attack on police and army in the town of Nalchik in Russia's turbulent Caucasus, where dozens of people [ie: upwards of a hundred plus] were killed in the attack.
Nalchik: 100 people dead

So lets see: the Israelis can get criticized for building a working security fence, the Americans can get criticized for considering a security fence, will the Russian likewise be also criticized?

seekerof

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wow. I never thought i'd see the day when this happens.

Dark Angel is just becoming all too plausable now!

And that is alot of people to die to not get much media coverage.

Why do i get the feeling this is the way of the future?

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea. I just hope we get to build one on the Mexican border.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think that is a Fantastic idea, every country should have these walls/fences, look at China theyve had one for thousands of years and is now probably the safest country on Earth.

Im actually surprised the Americans dont already have one across the entire Mexican border.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I wonder why Russia would need to meet with Israeli officials to learn more about making a "security fence". Russia already has alot of experience building walls.

Anyone ever see their design that was going to replace the Berlin wall it would have been the (4th gen I think) for the 21th century? It was a amazing design strange super smooth sloped walls, infrared sensors, underground sound sensors. Ofcourse they never got around to building it.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I think that is a Fantastic idea, every country should have these walls/fences, look at China theyve had one for thousands of years and is now probably the safest country on Earth.

The Great Wall never actually worked though. Can't find you a cite at the moment but I saw a Discovery Channel doc on it the other night and it was never an effective means of keeping the barbarians at bay. Besides, do you really want to live in a world where every country has a wall around it? Seems to me that would create more problems than it would solve.

top topics

join