It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did This Happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OMG looks like my musical tastes have been stuck somewhere in the 60s and 70s. Bob Dylan, Doors, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Police, Doobie Brothers, Kansas, STYX and Genesis to name a few. (I could go on and on)

I just discovered my new favorite group...Creed...they absolutely ROCK!

I know they have been around for some time but I'm totally excited. I have yet to hear a song that's mediocre, every one is as good if not better than the last. I just purchased a few of their albums (Greatest Hits, Human Clay, My Own Prison and Weathered), again not one bad song. I'm so psyched!

I need to start keeping up with new artists. Now I'm off to discover Nickelback...how can you go wrong with album art like this?

I just purchased this one as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Tis old cuz...Creed broke up...Scott Staf or Staph or whatever the lead singers name is will be coming out with a solo project soon. Nickleback is also dope in my book...but maybe I shouldn't be speaking on it cause I don't really "rock out" i just like some of the stuff like "Someday" and "How You Remind Me" stuff you can hear on Yahoo.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You got to be kidding, what a shame. I'll be curious to listen to his new solo stuff though. Thanks for the heads-up.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
KL has gooooooood taste in music, if you like Creed (who kick arse) you might like Alter Bridge who are Creed but without the lead singer, but the lead singer really made Creed what it was, their still worth a listen though.

ps...nickleback kick arse too!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks Wizard, I will be sure to check Alter Bridge out though like you said the lead singer has a mesmerizingly unique voice that really made the band stand out. Cheers Bud....

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, Creed's first and second album jammed like no other. I though they were going to be the ones that really brought rock & roll back. Of course they let me down just like every band that came before. They lost the edge because they sold out and became too commercialized. The only thing the third album was good for was using the liner notes as toilet paper.

The music industry sucks the life out of every great band eventually.:shk:

Peace

[edit on 14-11-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Oh man, KL, now you know how I felt when I first heard about sublime. 'Yeah they're great, the lead singer just killed himself' DOH!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
KL heres a great way to keep up with what you like,

musicplasma.com...

just type in the name of a band you like and it will give you others that have a simular style ect

also if you like creed check out the band ..........."puddle of mudd"

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Asala, No way , how cool is that. I will defanently get some use out of that site...thanks for sharing it with me.

Nygdan, Man it keeps getting worse....I don't know who sublime is. Shame on me.

Dr Love, I guess people like what they like but all the albums from Creed that I purchased are unbelievably good.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yea creeds first album is alright..

Nickelback is absolute garbage.. every song is exactly the same. Someone actually took a few of their hit songs and layered them over each other, it was pretty hilarious cause it was exactly the same.. Drop D tuning rocks in my book man...*laying the sarcasm on thick *:shk:

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
KL,

Sounds like you're like me.....like to hear the words that you're listening to... eternal 80's metal head myself.....but I digress

You might also check out Live - Throwing Copper, Collective Sould - Hints, Allogations and things left Unsaid, and Tonic - Lemon Parade.

They're older but still worth a listen.

top topics

join