It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cannabis Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Cannabis is as dangerous as coc aine or heroin, if you smoke it you will kill someone. this is what the government would have us believe. it has been hammered into our brains since the late 1930's that it is a dangerous substance to smoke. the latest t.v. ads show a stoned teen driving a car and hitting a little girl on a bike because their reaction time has been dulled by pot. while a little bit exaggerated, this is a dangerous possibility. but putting it in the same category as hard drugs like coc aine or heroin is grossly misleading. common sense would dictate that you shouldn't drive while stoned, but the same holds true for cough medicine and various other "pharmaceutical drugs". In fact, the use of many pharmaceuticals make the possibility of hurting someone while driving are exponentially greater than when using pot. And then compare it to alcohol, at least they do advertise the danger of drunk driving. but alcohol can cause so many other problems; violent behavior, addiction, these are so dangerous to society yet it is accepted by society because it is "legal". tobacco kills more people than many fatal diseases, yet again, the government says it's legal so people accept it. The truth of the matter is that marijuana has never killed anyone when used responsibly. it is completely devoid of the toxic carcinogens that tobacco contains, or the liver destruction caused by alcohol. It even has been proven to have MANY medicinal uses, alcohol and tobacco have none. I can vouch for the medicinal value because i am a medicinal user myself. epilepsy has the potential to totally destroy a life due to absenteeism from work, and decreased mental acuity that comes with every seizure, and although my government (Canada) allows for medicinal use for certain disorders, the actual number of disorders it is approved for don't even begin to represent all of the disorders it has been proved beneficial for. Hardening and constriction of the arteries are bad; but hemp usage actually enlarges the arteries...which is a healthy condition.

Anyways, the smoked properties can be argued ad-nauseum, and the real purpose of this blog is to make you aware of all the industrial uses that are ignored because of the billions of dollars that billionaires would lose if cannabis was utilized to it's fullest. These billionaires contribute unbelievable amounts of money to the government in order to keep their billions safely flowing into their bank accounts. All schoolbooks were made from hemp or flax paper until the 1880s, For hundreds of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is actually Dutch for cannabis.The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross's flag, the first drafts of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were made from hemp, Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR ITSELF WAS CONTRUCTED FROM HEMP! On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel. Now it is obvious that this stuff can be utilized industrially, so why do we refuse to use it? It is tragic and irresponsible that with the natural resource crisis we face today the government still refuses to admit they were wrong to outlaw it even though it would solve so many problems we face today. Today, our planet is in desperate trouble. Earth is suffocating as large tracts of rain forests disappear. Pollution, poisons and chemicals are killing people. These great problems could be reversed if we industrialized hemp. Natural biomass could provide all of the planet's energy needs that are currently supplied by fossil fuels. We have consumed 80% of our oil and gas reserves. We need a renewable resource. Hemp could be the solution to soaring gas prices. perhaps thie increase in dangerous weather we've been having recently is a result of the major changes in our atmosphere caused by destruction of the rainforest. Hemp cultivation and production do not harm the environment. The USDA Bulletin #404 concluded that hemp produces 4 times as much pulp with at least 4 to 7 times less pollution. In 1916, the U.S. Government predicted that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees need to be cut down. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. Hemp has a higher quality fiber than wood fiber. Far fewer caustic chemicals are required to make paper from hemp than from trees. Hemp paper does not turn yellow and is very durable. The plant grows quickly to maturity in a season where trees take a lifetime. Hempen plastics are biodegradable! Over time, they would break down and not harm the environment. Oil-based plastics, the ones we are very familiar with, help ruin nature; they do not break down and will do great harm in the future. The process to produce the vast array of natural (hempen) plastics will not ruin the rivers as Dupont and other petrochemical companies have done. Ecology does not fit in with the plans of the Oil Industry and the political machine. Hemp clothing is extremely strong and durable over time. You could hand clothing, made from pot, down to your grandchildren. Today, there are American companies that make hemp clothing; usually 50% hemp. Hemp fabrics should be everywhere. Instead, they are almost underground. Superior hemp products are not allowed to advertise on fascist television. Kentucky, once the top hemp producing state, made it ILLEGAL TO WEAR hemp clothing! Can you imagine being thrown into jail for wearing quality jeans?
So i guess what i'm saying, in my very longwinded fashion (this my first post, so forgive me if it's supposed to be shorter) is DON"T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Regardless of what Ford did, cheeba should be made legal. But I agree, its intoduction as a legitimate plant into the market causes serious potential risk for other markets....mmm, not markets but specific companies.

Why isn't it being legalized as of now? I feel it is because people who wish to make it legal go about with wrong methods such as petitions, protest and the ellusive 'medical' term. I think writing to your politicians who represent you is the best way, or inventing some mind control device to alter our politician's frame of mind. (which I am already working on)

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oil company's don't want it legal, because of the sythetic oils/lubes that can be derived from it Cheap.

Lumber companies don't want it legal because 80% of lumber companies get there money from paper products, pot is much cheaper and easier and faster to grow, and is a Better product than wood pulp paper.

The texile industry doesn't want it legal because of the Cotton industry, cotton is hard to grow and needs alot of herbacide and pesticide, pot is much easier to grow/maintain, it is a Weed after all. I have heard if pot/hemp were not made illeagal in the late 20's that None of the herbasides/pestisides made by monsanto/dupot/dow chemicals would have never been invented.

It could however Save the tobacco industry, and make us a happier society

It could also end world hunger, pot/hemp is to the food industry and Industry what soy beans were to agraculture.

Good thread IndicaDragon

[edit on 13-11-2005 by LDragonFire]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The truth of the matter is that marijuana has never killed anyone when used responsibly.

Yes that is true but most people dont use it reponsibly as well how can you use pot responsibly when your stoned and iam not one of thoses really uptight people ive been stoned before and still do pot right up to today but even i know that lots of people dont use it responsibly

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And you can't tax it. they tried that by having a medicinal and recreational tax. The medical tax was 10 bucks and the recreational tax was like a hundred bucks. everybody went medical. Son't forget that the alcohol industry isn't supportive of legalization eother. Folks might quit drinkin and smoke pot. And it's hard to tax and control when folks grow their own and sell it and avoid paying income tax.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

And it's hard to tax and control when folks grow their own and sell it and avoid paying income tax.

Well no not really because..well what would you do pay tax or spend about 1,000-5,000 $ on equipment to grow it yourself

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Lets stick with the topic at hand shall we?

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Terms And Conditions Of Use for ATS

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Carry on...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I enjoyed this peice thoroughly and agree. I wasn't aware of all this extra added info, so thank you for sharing with us

I for one have never believed the hype ... and look now, smokin a spliff just might save U from dying from Bird Flu

Of course one must be responsible when using anything, moderation is the key, and I personally believe Cannabis does more good than harm

[edit on 13-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ain't that forbidden words around here. The gestapo will get you for thast girl. Whats Fred talking about. I thought we were talking about the pros and cons of cannabis/hemp and it's uses,illegality and laws. Where did someone get off topic? Someone looks like they have an ax to grind.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger
Ain't that forbidden words around here. The gestapo will get you for thast girl. Whats Fred talking about. I thought we were talking about the pros and cons of cannabis/hemp and it's uses,illegality and laws. Where did someone get off topic? Someone looks like they have an ax to grind.

See above. No axe to grind just a desire for people to stay within the boundries of the T&C of the site and a desire to see a topic that has potiential not be deralied by yet another tiresome debate on legalization of dope.

In the future if you have a question about an action that the staf has taken, kindly u2u the Moderator in question or file a complaint/gripe for the entire staff to review rather that try to hash it out in the thread.

Thanks
FredT

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot messenger

If you like you can consider it a preemptive strike as we have a lot of experience watching these types of thread go bad. Unfortunately 10 out of 10 marijuana threads end up breaking the T&C of use because people like talking about their cool "trips" or drug advice rather than the legitimate news item dealing with illicit drugs.

Hope this one is different...time will tell.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What I really like is how there is such a difference between herbal remedies and the term drug. I would have to argue that cannibis is an herb dried and used the way God placed it here. Drugs on the other hand need to be prosessed into something that is a drug.

Its all natural. Do you call St. Johns wort a drug? Or how about euqueliptis (sp) they are both herbs and not drugs. Cannibis is an herb and it is not overnments right to make one of Gods herbs illegal. It all started with good ole Harry Aslinger, James Dupont and Bill Hearst. They were the evil ones, not the herb that God created!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Don't forget the billions of dollars the "world economy" would miss out on if the "black money" from the crimes grown out of making it 'illegal' dissapeared by allowing folk their 'pot plant' in amoungst their tomatoes.

Like child sex slavery, the crimes and their support and benefiting industries that grow out of making 'pot' illegal, is good for the economy, which has replaced God as what we should all worship.

Eating, sleeping and fighting depression can be extreemly hard for survivers of child sexual abuse though cannabis works wonders for these problems. However a 'pot' smoker isn't concidered a reliable witness against the powerfull and respected people who have gained their wealth through the child sex trade so you give up smoking and go to a doctor for help only to become suicidel from the legal medications they prescribe and so lose even more credibility as a witness.

Please don't think I'm going off topic here but concider that for all the money legitimate industries would lose if pot weren't illegal, thats nothing compared to money and POWER gained from blackmailing those involved in in the child sex trade.

There are more than two sides to every story and this one has alot of dark sides.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There really is a vast politico-industrial conspiracy story here to tell.

It would be nice to explore that conspiracy, and the propaganda campaign that went with it.

It really makes you wonder when you begin to consider all Industrial interests that potentially benefit by not having to compete with Hemp.

I was reading not that long ago that Hemp rope that was weaved and used by people for centuries was just as strong as the Modern Nylons we use today!

There is absolutely no doubt that the DuPont's and the Textiles the Cotton Gin'ers ( My Grand-Father ran a Cotton Gin ) all these people and the Politicians in their pockets stood to gain immensely by having this product dis-appear for good.

And I don't think if Hemp was brought back into production it would hurt Cotton Famers , because these people would actually make about four times the profit per acre just to grow Hemp, it would help them.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
the below URL is a site which was linked in a past ATS thread...

www.idmu.co.uk...

* How cannibis was criminalised *
"Cannibis first became illegal in the UK, and most of the rest of the world,
on 28 September 1928 when the 1925 Dangerous Drugs Act came into force..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I think that international agreement (DDA of 1925) only included cannibis
because it was a drug associated with other 'problematic' drugs...
even today, You know the difference between 'recreational' & 'Hard' drugs.

As for 'Hemp' being wonderous & environmentally friendly, & beyond the grip of Monopolistic-Globalized Corporations...quit dreaming!
If Hemp wasn't outlawed, the elites & cabals which dominate the present clothing; rope; canvas; natural plant oils; bio-fuel producers;
or any of the wonderous applications or uses that youse guys mentioned...
would be still be the elites & cabals....
BUT, they would only have to exercise their monopolistic control over the one -source- the Cannibis Crop !

if you think about it, If the hemp resource was the single source for supplying these diverse industries, then a single year of drought followed by twisters & hurricanes, torrid summer heat followed by a winter of frigid arctic cold...would destroy the economy that relies on the single resource (hemp) for those many industries..
the rule of today's economists, Diversify!

On the other hand, in 3rd world countries, it would make sense to help create a hemp based infrastructure, for say perhaps 30% of that growing nations GNP...with control & enforcement of any black-market cannibis/THC which would be considered a misuse from the intended uses of the crop/resource.
All-in-all, its a slippery slope! as in, who wants another type of (milder)
Afghan Poppy Crop to contend with?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
IndicaDragon:

Actually, “long winded” posts are appreciated, and according to the terms and conditions of ATS short little blurby posts are to be avoided (if possible) as they tend to clutter up the board and offer little information.

Firstly, I’m a card-carrying member of NORMAL, so you don’t need to convince me of the values of a hemp-based economy. I’m all for it.

The sad truth is, both the governments and private sectors can make more money from hemp by keeping it a controlled substance than they can by legalizing it. At least as far as the immediate future is concerned.

Converting industry over to utilize a new product is costly, both in time and money. Nobody who is in the power to do so now is really too interested in taking a loss during their lifetime so that their children or grandchildren can turn a profit.

Bottom line is, at this point in time it is more profitable to keep it a controlled substance. It doesn’t matter how perfect, how great, how wonderful it might be Tomorrow if hemp based products were allowed into the economy, what kind of profit am I going to make on it Today?

Other industries, such as the nicotine delivery system industry, spend vast amounts of their profits on lobbying the governments for legislation favorable to their cause. The hemp industry, which is worldwide and both legal and illegal depending upon your geographic location, does not seem to be spending its profits on a legalization campaign.

Targeting consumers for the reform of legislation has proven to be pretty much ineffective. Organizations such as NORMAL have a little more oomph but still lack sufficient funding as they are funded primarily by consumers, who, for the most part, aren’t that rich.

Trying to convince hemp producers, the vast majority of which are engaged in an illegal activity, to fork over some of their hard earned (and insanely high—no pun intended) profits to help create legislation that would, in the end, put them out of business is ludicrous.

I’ve been openly butting heads with the system about this issue for over twenty years now, to no avail.

What it all boils down to is that before anyone can make a profit or benefit from hemp products, someone else is first going to have to give up the profits and power base they already have. Convincing them to just quietly step aside is not going to be easy…

Unless, of course, you can find something else that is even More profitable for them to step into first?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Lone Gunman is correct, it is a herb and grows naturally. It is taken in it's original form and not "touched" to turn the process into a chemical nightmare.

Opium is also a plant but needs refinment before it can be called heroin.

God did say partake of all the plants which i have given you. Its a massive conspiracy, for the pain relief, cure of other diseases including repsiratory diseases, up until it's banishment it was the number one cure for tuberculosis.

For the oil industry its a nono because of the prolific seeding of the plant and the ability in tropical areas to get two crops per years. new methods have made that growing and maturing span shorten into weeks not months so it is therefore logical that we can produce much much oil per year from the plants to be used as fuel

All of the plant is able to be used, the seeds for oil, the stems and stalks for paper products and twines along with hemp clothing and the formed female buds can be used in medicines. So in some ways it is one of "gods most perfect" plants and resources.

But yet we are constained by our governments and not allowed to use Gods own gift. What right do the governments have to say this. What right do they have to lie and tell us this plant is dangerous when it is not.

Yes it can be abused but thats the silly persons fault abusing it, not everyone elses, the same goes for all substances legal or otherwise.

Figures are sprouted by these same governments of higher cases of schizophrenia in users of the illegal drug. This i find not to be true and accurate. The case is that Schizophrenic people are more affected by the drug than others and if there is any mental condition as such underlying in the person then it will be magnified. Shizophrenics are attracted to the drug because of it's ability to "zone out" the patient and not make the world seem so bad.

its a conspiracy, a huge one but until people stand up and say enough of this crap it will continue and people suffering diseases that don't need to suffer can then be helped, the textile industry can then be helped and the oil and bio fuel industry can then go ahead in leaps and bounds. We won't need to cut trees down for paper and really the use of the hemp is far reaching and unlimited except by the constraints of this conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
the whole point of this is that yes, it would be unprofitable to utilize the plant to it's full potential due to the negative effect it would have on many established industries, but the planet is running out of resources unnecessarily. profit has to be set aside if these billionaires want a world in which to actually spend their money, instead of a smoking desolate rock hurtling through space. the government has to step in and TELL the people just how dire the situation is and that there is a possible solution. money may make the world go round, but the people trying to weasel as much money as possible out of it may inadvertently stop the world from turning altogether.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
All of the plant is able to be used, the seeds for oil, the stems and stalks for paper products and twines along with hemp clothing and the formed female buds can be used in medicines. So in some ways it is one of "gods most perfect" plants and resources.

Why would sane people make something like the above described illegal? It is such a long story we should take it apart from the beginning, and show how the reasons for keeping it illegal have changed so much but the end result has stayed the same.

I do think that the pressure to change the current cannibis law is growing from all sides, its going to be hard to keep any reason to keep it illegal. Most people are educated enough to have found that the that big-pharma, the black market, the police business, and last but not least the prison industry has kept such a miracle herb from the people for so long.

It is an ongoing ever changing conspiracy that needs to end. Man should not be able to make for one of Gods plants to be illegal. Its mans laws run amuk, they have no right in the first place what I do with my mind, soul, body and spirit. I harm none, and expect the same in return, anything else is none of the governments business!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join