It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Move More to Lose Weight?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've come across this Q&a on drweil.com.

The researchers found that the difference in movement between their heavy study participants and the lean ones amounted to 350 calories per day. If the heavy people could move enough to burn that number of calories, they could lose 30 to 40 pounds in a year.

I can defiantly lose some weight but it has never been a focus in my life. I think I'm going to try and not sit in front of the computer so much.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Have these people use a push mower to mow a 1 acre yard. That outta take some fat off. Then in winter shovel driveways instead of paying someone else to do it. You'll lose weight quick.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
People who 'fidgit' when they sit also use more energy. So if you want to lose weight at the computer do ankle circles or bob your head or bounce your feet up and down. You're still sitting but you're still more active. I have a manual lawn mower, you can cut my lawn anytime this summer, or maybe you can shovel the driveway if you're desperate. The hike alone from where you are would probably kill you anyway.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The long throw keyboard, with heavy duty springs.

Imagine having to apply 20 times the pressure to keys that stand 2 inches off the keyboard...We woud all lose weight..although our fingers might end up looking like popeyes arms.

hello = 150 calories.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I fidgit terribly when I'm on the computer, and it hasn't done me any good. We also have a manual lawn mower and a really long dirt driveway that needs to be plowed in the winter manually, and my ol man does it himself and it hasn't helped him lose any weight either.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
People that say you just have to do to lose weight can be idiots.
Yes, SOME PEOPLE can do a little more and lost 30-40 pounds in a year. And others no matter how hard they try, or how hard they work at it, can't lose more than 4 or 5 pounds.

As I posted in another thread, and ex-gf of mine did everything right. She ate salads for meals, walked on the treadmill every day, rode a bike for up to a mile or more, sometimes walked outside for a mile or more, and was on her feet a lot at work. And managed to bring her cholesterol down, and lost MAYBE 5 pounds in five or six months. It's not a matter of people sitting on their butts and doing nothing, and becoming overweight. Some people do everything right, and simply CAN NOT lose weight.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
People that say you just have to do to lose weight can be idiots.
Yes, SOME PEOPLE can do a little more and lost 30-40 pounds in a year. And others no matter how hard they try, or how hard they work at it, can't lose more than 4 or 5 pounds.

As I posted in another thread, and ex-gf of mine did everything right. She ate salads for meals, walked on the treadmill every day, rode a bike for up to a mile or more, sometimes walked outside for a mile or more, and was on her feet a lot at work. And managed to bring her cholesterol down, and lost MAYBE 5 pounds in five or six months. It's not a matter of people sitting on their butts and doing nothing, and becoming overweight. Some people do everything right, and simply CAN NOT lose weight.

If she seriously has done all the right stuff with both diet and exersize ( without cheating or lying to herself, a lot of people do and don't realize it) then she should really see the doctor and get her thyroid checked.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
She's had several tests done, and a lot of blood work done by her dr, and the only thing they've found so far is that she's borderline diabetic.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
She's had several tests done, and a lot of blood work done by her dr, and the only thing they've found so far is that she's borderline diabetic.

That would explain it, diabetes is a double edged sword. It can mess with your metabolism and make it hard to lose weight yet it can be caused by weight issues as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
She isn't actually diabetic, but it could go either way if she's not careful. She's right on the edge of BEING diabetic, but by eating right, and being careful, she's able to keep from BECOMING diabetic. But I can see where that would screw things up as far as weight loss still.

new topics

top topics

join