It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Democrats are weak... True?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Earlier this morning i was watching Meet the Press and Howard Dean was on answering questions in regards to recent polls that state how the Republicans are run away favorites when it comes to their stance on home security and defense. They see the Democratic party as the weaker party; which just indicates that the Republicans were riding the popularity of the war at the time through the past election. Now that the public favour in the war is falling; times are changing. The poll inidicated that 1 in 3 Americans believe Bush to be up front and honest.

My stance here is that I do not really see the Democrats as weaker; they are more of the voice of reason and morality. Republicans were in power when 9/11 happened; and ever since have been spreading this war on terrorism. This is not a question of whether they did a good job or not in these past years; but more of that they just took advantage of their situation and are proclaiming themselves as the powerhouse.

Do people really see the Republicans as the stronger party; or could it be they just took advantage of the situation that was put on them to give themselves a name; and a stranglehold on the Democrats which has worked wonders in the last few years.

Some links on the subject....

Washington Post

MSNBC

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
While it's true that many see Democrats as "weaker," that's not the main obstacle they face. Those who might want to see them as "the voice of reason and ethics" (morality denotes religious ethics, and the Democrats' anti-religion stance prevents them from ever being associated with "morality," not that that's a bad thing) are largely prevented from doing so by the constant reactionary whining and carping that has become the only mode of expression of which the Democrats seem capable.

Democrats used to actually stand for something-- they actually had principles and ideals. Now they're nothing more than "not Republicans." I don't know when the last time was that I saw any positive statement coming from the Democrats. They don't even try to promote their own ideas and honestly, I question whether they even have any ideas left. They never speak of what they have to offer, but instead only focus on what's wrong with the Republicans. That's simply not enough. Virtually everyone knows that there are things wrong with the Republican party-- the Democrats aren't telling us anything we don't already know. All their constant complaining accomplishes is to make them look petty and spiteful, and those aren't qualities that impress anyone.

Kerry ran virutally his entire campaign on being 'not Bush.' Since that's something that any candidate (other than Bush of course) could claim, it wasn't something that stirred the public to support him.

If the Democrats want to win, the first thing they have to do is to tell the people what they'd do, rather than just bitching about what the Republicans do wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am not an American; however your elections affect us here in Canada probably more then our own elections. So I do try to follow closely; and I am always routing for the democrats. I am not a fan of the republican party; or a Bush fan. However your comments I agree with in every way; the Republicans have stood up and put their foot down for what they believe. I know more about the party I am against; only because my own party spends more time speaking out against the opponent then speaking of themselves. You make a great point; thank you for it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would suspect that if a poll was taken in Congress, and across the land there have been more liberals that have served in the Armed Forces in the last 40 years than the other side.

Imagine a riverboat officer being shot at constantly portrayed as "weak" on defense by a group whose "leader" couldn't even report to guard duty.

Liberals must learn to stand up.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Liberals are weaker in the opinion of conservatives. In my opinion as well. You are entitled to your own, even if it is misguided.....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Liberals are weaker in the opinion of conservatives. In my opinion as well. You are entitled to your own, even if it is misguided.....

Any group that discredits a paraplegic who lost his limbs at war and says he is not a patriot shows how weak they really are. The problem with conservatives is that they jump in feet first instead of head first. Of course, the thinking of a conservative is skewed anyway for they know nothing but a straight line.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Liberal and Conservative are frauds. Its all New World Order at the top. Its used to divide and rule us. Bush and Kerry, no difference. Both cousins, both skull and bones, both evil ruthless men. They are all phony. ItsNew World Order at the top.

So all you liberals and conservatives and torries and whoever else, yall keep fighting and biccuring amongst yourselves about whos weaker, whos stronger, or whatever, keep fighting, sit back and watch nothing change. Its been happening for over 50 years in America.

[edit on 18-1-2006 by LetKnowledgeDrop]

top topics

join