It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockefeller: I'm Not Responsible for My Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Did anyone see Sen. Rockefeller (D-WV) on FOX News Sunday? He quitely plainly said he's not responsible for his own vote in the Senate, on the issue of war no less!

Hopefully whomever wants to run against him next time he's up for re-election got this on TiVO, it reminds me of Kerry's "voted for it before I voted against it" statement.

[edit on 11/13/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What was the context? I'm trying to figure out how you come up with that one...

As for Kerry, man, that was a funny one to listen to. It made sense and all, but, damn it was hilarious.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
What was the context? I'm trying to figure out how you come up with that one...

There will be a transcript available later this week, plus the show will be repeated at 6 PM tonight on FOX News Channel if you want to see it yourself.

[edit on 11/13/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

Most of these Democrats crying about Bush "lying" about Iraq, voted with Bush, based on the same intelligence.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well isn't that what Bush just said? "Feel free to criticize me and my administration and our handling of the war, but don't criticize us based on the intelligence. Democrats looked at the same info and came to the same conclusion."

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
* Deeply inhales*

Jimminy Cricket, arent they "parroting what their superior, the president of the United states of America said"?

Are you saying that Rockefeller and others in his capacity made this desicion based on DIRECT INTELLIGENCE?

They didnt. The intelligence rolls downhill...They got it from the horses mouth. Bush & Cheney.

At the time, werent they just simply backing up their president, and HIS reports to them? Sure they were. For them to have even doubted this would have been prematurely and politically insane.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Well isn't that what Bush just said? "Feel free to criticize me and my administration and our handling of the war, but don't criticize us based on the intelligence. Democrats looked at the same info and came to the same conclusion."

Not at all. Bush said he could be criticized for the handling of the war, but that Democrats are trying to rewrite history by saying he manipulated and lied about the intelligence when they saw pretty much the same thing he saw and came to the same conclusion.

In fact, the investigation into the intelligence failures afterwards concluded that the reports the President got that the Congress didn't were even more alarmist than what Congress saw and that there was no attempt by the White House to manipulate intelligence reports to lead us into war.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Okay, yeah, so, what I said, just with details and stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Okay, yeah, so, what I said, just with details and stuff.

My point is that Bush isn't saying he's not responsible for his actions.

join