It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I'm curious what some of you would define as 'the ultimate love'? Would it be finding the love of a god or God? Would it be finding true love from another person? Or would it be finding true love within yourself? What kind of love would it take to make you feel the true meaning of love? What kind of love would complete you?

I'll tell my theories later, I want to hear or read what you have to say first.
Magestica

Greater love has no man than this... that he lay down his life for his brother.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Giving OF your self seems to me to be the ultimate form of love- while expecting nothing in return.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Giving all of yourself and expecting 'nothing' in return??

Let me see..you give give and give until you are blue in the face and because you "don't expect anything in return" well you never do get anything in return..and that is ultimate love? No I disagree..it needs to be 50/50 not 90/10 because eventually the giver gives up on the givee because the giver is severely lacking in return.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Let me see..you give give and give until you are blue in the face and because you "don't expect anything in return" well you never do get anything in return..and that is ultimate love? No I disagree..it needs to be 50/50 not 90/10 because eventually the giver gives up on the give because the giver is severely lacking in return.

Well, I partially agree with you in this. Yeah it should be 50/50 not 90/10 because when you love someone then inside you want to be loved by that person too. And it�s a great feeling when the person you care about more than anyone, cares about you too.

But the reality is that if it is 90/10 and the other person doesn�t feel/behave like you, even then you can't take your love back.

If you're very strong person and do care about your self-respect then you can control your actions to some extent but inside your heart your feeling will be the same. It's an other thing that if the other person reciprocate in the same way then you'll feel happy and in other case sad. But true love can never be taken back, if it�s really true...

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm sorry mag' I cant answer to this question.
Love is a color only the blind can see.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Let me see..you give give and give until you are blue in the face and because you "don't expect anything in return" well you never do get anything in return..and that is ultimate love? No I disagree..it needs to be 50/50 not 90/10 because eventually the giver gives up on the givee because the giver is severely lacking in return.

I think its more like 100%/100%....
Anything less is not cool. Love has to be given 100% by both people. A marriage is based on both people giving everything they have to offer.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
I'm sorry mag' I cant answer to this question. Love is a color only the blind can see.

hey, it's not so bad being blind once in a while.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
he went through one of the most awful deaths in history, he was mocked, spat upon and beaten by a crowd, whipped 39 times (40 was the death penalty and many people died before the count reached 39) exposing raw bones before having a crown of thorns pushed down on to his head so heavily that it made him blead, he then had to carry his cross up to the place where he was to die, he fell on the way and someone was called to carry his cross the rest of the way, then 6 inch nails were thrust through both wrists, and through both legs (after they had been pulled together), he was then lifted and left in tremendous heat and thirst for 6 hours, all this time people were saying to him if you are truly the son of God save yourself. while in such pain he cared for his mothers well being more than his own and called one of his closest friends to him and told his mother this is your son now, and to his friend this is your mother, he cried out "My God , my God why have you forsaken me?". He was rejected by men and forsaken by God his farther yet he was innocent, the pain of the cross and the humiliation of the death was nothing compared to the pain of the separation between the farther and the son, they had been together since before the beggining of time, but for three days they were separated. On the cross this man became the biggest murderer, cheat, liar and adulterer, not that he had done these things but that he took these things upon himself for us, a man who takes a bullet for another mans life is called a hero yet a God that gave his life for this world is hated, but he knew this even before he created us, thats true love. He knew the pain he would have to go through and that many would curse him, yet he loved us enough to still want us. Thats the ultimate love, nothing can surpass it.

[Edited on 26-9-2003 by Adrianay]

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
To be short and and to the point......
Ultimate Love is "unconditional".

We, as men and women, have forgotten what it is like to be loved without condition...to give love with out condition. We have created an entire reality around love. It is based on "fear".....fear that when you say that you love someone, that he/she will respond and feel likewise. The whole human idea of ultimate love is rooted in the idea of "fear". This is also applied to our concept of God's love. This whole love-based-on-fear reality dominates our experiences of love. For in truth, we watch ourselves receiving love which is conditional, then we also watch ourselves giving it in the same way.
Almost every action we take is based in love or fear.....if only we knew and remembered what unconditional love was.......we'd be a whole lot better off. This world would be a different place then it is now.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

God has this kind of love for us does'nt he?
I did not imply that this is the norm in relationships as a constant. I merely mean that one should not expect to use love as a means to get something in return from another, be it affection or diamond rings...have you ever done something selflessly you loathe to do for another only because you have love for them?? This is what I intend. It seems today that that everyone is out to get what they need at the expense of the relationship itself?! Is this better?
I don't agree at all with quantifying "love". How can you do this? 50/50 is not realistic. Each has to offer of themselves in reciprication- it is the selfless acts that keep the sparks flowing freely.

Love is a many splendid thang...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
And totally unexpected too..

Seekerof~Does that kind of love even exist? ever? I'm suddenly feeling quite deprived *boo hoo* if that is the case..But I suppose it's only realization of what I had always known but never bothered to realize until now, ho humm..

So I'll stick to what I would consider ultimate love and go on from there

Thank you all for your honest and (open) replies..some of you are very lucky, I hope you know this..

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   
...you'll get "lucky" one day....if you think on such things good things will happen to you, just wait.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
magestica......first off,
I apologize for not saying it sooner, but I am glad to see that you are back with us at ATS. I hope your move was a successful one.

To answer your question, to be honest, I don't know if it ever existed but only for a few.....those who taught it and talked about it.....the "great" teachers of old and some who are teaching today. I believe that it all boils down to how we think and then changing how we think.
Love is from the heart; the 'soul'.....if love comes from the mind, iy is not love. What the mind can do is allow us to understand that....it understands hate, racism, even love, but it is from the heart that true unconditional love comes from....the old saying of do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
i wouldve said the love of a soulmate

but now i don't think they exist or maybe i am just bitter and damned for eternity.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Love is from the heart; the 'soul'.....if love comes from the mind, iy is not love. What the mind can do is allow us to understand that....it understands hate, racism, even love, but it is from the heart that true unconditional love comes from....

Bingo...

...as said, ultimate love is love FROM soul TO soul...

...when we show love from our soul to the soul of another (or even to our own) it bypasses the mind, bypasses the conditions and conditioning...it is not love that filters through the questions of "Can I love this person, should I love this person, I will only love this person if they do A, B, C etc"...

...its love for that persons essence...its love without the bullshyte...

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Love is a tough call I believe. Love can be anything, but I think that the ULTIMATE LOVE must be what you need at that particular point in time. If you need to be loved by another you get married, if you need to find the love in god then you go to church, or if you need to love yourself then you get some alone time. So I would say I don't think there is only one ultimate love.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome & beautiful reply..I would have to agree with everything you've said but applying it might be a problem for many..

Alien~ Also well said and to the point, true love is from soul to soul, and does not involve the mind and the games..It's a deep feeling of loving someone before your time here, a familiar feeling of once loving that person ultimately..

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
[Edited on 1-3-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
i wouldve said the love of a soulmate
but now i don't think they exist or maybe i am just bitter and damned for eternity.

Do not fret my dear boy, you are still young. There is no need to feel bitter at this point and time. Now if you turn 70 and still feel this way, then perhaps it is true..but your love will come, when you least expext it.

And the love of a soulmate is not always what one might expect it to be/feel..there are, with respect to past lives, complications that might come forth when you do come in contact with your 'soulmate'..or it could be heavenly bliss

Just don't dwell on it, like this old woman did for too many years, bacause it can steal your life away. Enjoy your life and learn who you are and what you want and need-love yourself- and then you are prepared to find the love you so deserve..
Magestica

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
LOL PENIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK the ultimate love is when ur heart is turly one with something. Zat's all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join