It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dream that left physical scratches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ok, I need some help! My friend had this dream like 3 days ago, and it is really weird. This is how it goes, He was standing infront of a mirror and this thig kept scratching him from the other side of the mirror, he said that he couldnt see what it was and he knew that the thing(whatever it was) could not cratch him very deep, its claws had only came a little bit out of the mirror, scratching his chest and his belly. He said that the scratching was so fast that he could not even feel it in the dream while he was being scratched. Now here is the weird thing about it is, he had shown me his chest and belly and he has a horrific amount of scratches. They seem to bve healing now, but he tells me that they still sting very bad. He was also telling me that he was reading out of this book a day before, he discribe it to me, it seemed to me as a satanic bible or something, he said it was bound with sheep skin or skin of some sort, and it was written in red(he dosent know if it were blood or not), and when he had opened it, it had smelt like dead animal. I dont know if this has anything to do with it or not, but he thinks he is going crazy, and I dont know what the hell is going on! I have read simmalar story to this one, but all the other ones say that their scratches seem to look days old and not hurt, his still bleed once in a while, I mean bleed alot! If there is someone that can help me to know what the hell is going on, or refer me to a link that would help me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Some people say that mirrors are used as a gateway between our life and the other lower realms / spirits - whatever.

Whne u say read the book, do you mean in his head. Or has he read out chapters or quotes from it out loud ?

He could have summoned something from the darker planes...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't want to entirely dismiss your friends dream, however on a scientific note:

Incubus attacks aka Night Terrors are a dream state where we reach a very deep REM state where the dreams can be absolutely horrifying, and we are so deep in sleep we are unwakeable. During these times people have been observed in Laboratories appearing to be fully awake and reacting to their dreams in a very violent and scared manner.

There have been reports of men choking thier wives in their sleep and never remembering doing it.

In a dream such as this your friend could be scratching himself in response to the demon thing scratching him. He wouldn't know it in his dream, and he wouldn't remember doing it to himself.

Do a search on the net for "Night Terrors"

Good Luck,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
one question
What the hell was your friend reading some satanic book for in the first place!!!
If you mess with fire your gonna get burned!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If there are physical scratches on him that he did not do, even in his sleep, then perhaps this is a case of poltergeist-type action. Some very powerful spirits have been reported, and infact I've seen it happen, to have the power to cause scratches on people. Has your friend had any problems with ghost-type strange events in his house?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
Some people say that mirrors are used as a gateway between our life and the other lower realms / spirits - whatever.

Whne u say read the book, do you mean in his head. Or has he read out chapters or quotes from it out loud ?

He could have summoned something from the darker planes...
I dont know if he was reading it out loud or in his head but that would be something I would have to talk to him about, Thanks for your information!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
I don't want to entirely dismiss your friends dream, however on a scientific note:

Incubus attacks aka Night Terrors are a dream state where we reach a very deep REM state where the dreams can be absolutely horrifying, and we are so deep in sleep we are unwakeable. During these times people have been observed in Laboratories appearing to be fully awake and reacting to their dreams in a very violent and scared manner.

There have been reports of men choking thier wives in their sleep and never remembering doing it.

In a dream such as this your friend could be scratching himself in response to the demon thing scratching him. He wouldn't know it in his dream, and he wouldn't remember doing it to himself.

Do a search on the net for "Night Terrors"

Good Luck,

-ADHDsux4me

Thank you alot, you have helped me out bunches, I am going to do the reasearch on Night Terrors as soon as possible!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by obiwan15
one question
What the hell was your friend reading some satanic book for in the first place!!!
If you mess with fire your gonna get burned!

Thats a very good question, I asked him the same thing, he told me that he didnt know what it was, he also said that it was written in runes, and he couldnt understand most of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
If there are physical scratches on him that he did not do, even in his sleep, then perhaps this is a case of poltergeist-type action. Some very powerful spirits have been reported, and infact I've seen it happen, to have the power to cause scratches on people. Has your friend had any problems with ghost-type strange events in his house?

I was thinking the same thing when he had told me about it, but there is no way! He is staying here at my house and nothing like that happens here. That I know of. Wow, I am getting kinda freaked out now! LOL!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can't but agree with what ADHDsux4me has written: it is possible, in fact that your friend has dreamed about a demon scratching him, but in reality he scratched himself while sleeping.

Just to make you smile, one night i was sleeping and dreaming to play with a grenade. I accidentally unplugged it, so yelling and screaming i ran on the balconry and threw the grenade in the courtyard. Then i went back to bed. Well, guess what?! The next day, i discovered that it wasn't just a dream: i had in fact yelled, run on the balconry and then gone back to bed!!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This all has to do with belief and faith ..

I've done studies myself with such topics and have found if you convince someone they're about to be burned (IE if they seen you light a propane torch) and then u simulate the encounter they will develope burns WITHOUT the torch... or whatever is used.

The mind is way more powerful than a lot of people give it credit for... the brain recalculates it's daily events during sleep in symbols and sequences your brain understands in order to store the memories correctly in the subconcious..

Just like when your sleeping and you feel yourself falling...
Nothing is actually happening, but your body reacts as if it was really happening, the same thing can happen with gun shots, being stabbed or being intoxicated... your brain will release the chemicals which allow you to feel it as if it was actually happening.
Just like a rash or a zit, which is mentally/chemically created so are scraps, cuts and bruises, water is highly impressionable and can be influenced by the mind to create or destroy certain ailments.

Hope that helps a little bit..

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A woman across from me with mental problems for lack of a better term, has made her body think that it is pregnant. Psychosamatic is what jer problem is called. Her stomach has swelled up and she looks as though she is, although doctors have repeatedly said there is no baby.

My point is your body can do anything (ANYTHING) given the correct trigger. For one reason or another, you dream youre scratched in a dream, and your body perhaps destroys all the cells along the path on your skin where you dreamt of being scratched, or forces a sore spot or localised rash, due to some wire being temporarally crossed.

Its the same how cancer patients tell their bodies subconsience under hypnosis (a part og the brain that tells our heart to beat, cells to reproduce etc, a part we normally have no control over) to kill off the cancerous cells.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It was a mirror in the dream, therefore whoever was in the mirror attacking him was actually himself.

The key is mirror.

To explain that a bit better, he was seeing his fears, his fears of what he could become.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Going a little off topic... Shadow88, do you if those patients actually healed from cancer??

Anyway, self suggestion can be a powerful tool... as far as i've heard, during hypnosis, somebody could place a normal penny on your arm, and make you believe it's burning. Well, your arm would behave like it was really burned.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If your body can imagine things to happen, like physical scratches and the penny that would burn your arm if you were told it was flaming hot etc ( when it wasn't ). Then surely you can do the opposite !

Make things in this reality seem false also. Like the world we live in. Walking on hot coals and feeling no pain. Putting your hand in a real fire, and feeling no pain or burning. All feelings and experiences have to be equaled out !

So if ur mind can make burnings and scratches up. Then surely it can make fire and burnings false in real life

That brings me back to david icke speaking about this reality isn't a reality. It's just what we have chosen to believe over the years.

It's all in the mind

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Knock knock Neo...
follow the White Rabbit...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Just the opposite of what u said my friend.

If the mind can make up a reality, why cant it make this relaity different ?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Well, that depends on whether you choose the blue or red pill... being controlled by reality, or controlling it?!

new topics

top topics

join