It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missiles Fired at the WTC From Woolworth Building ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Personally, I think it is a passenger jet.

(Above: frames 3 & 4 of the .gif image)

The plane's wingspan is massive, as are passenger jet's.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFalconx
It looks like it is a military jet. Yes, I'm pretty sure of it. It was probably going to intercept the plane but was too late, or to make sure that the plane hit its target. If you look closly you can see that it looks very similar to a military jet. Plus, this could explain the speed. Also, the plane is not at ground level, it is the perspective that gives that illusion. It comes into frame at about the same hight as a 40 story building.

Nope, it's a bird. It's flapping. Military jets do not flap, and besides if it was that close then it would have intercepted the jets beforehand. The speed is explained by the fact that it's a bird that's relatively close to the camera.
As for the theory that missiles were fired at the WTC, I have to ask WHY? What would be the point, they were about to be hit by several hundred tonnes of moving metal and fuel, packing a kinetic punch that would knocked anything about, so why hit it with a piddly little missile?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Darkmind, did you actually look at the two pictures I posted above your post?! I know for a fact that is not a bird!

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyChild_5
I'm open minded. Instead of posting a one or two liner without any back up for your statement. Let's hear what you have to say about those pic's. Don't just hide behind left wing statement.

Originally posted by 8bitagent
UFOs, orbs, cargo windowless planes, no planes, missles, pods...no wonder
even the extreme left wing liberals don't take the 9/11 Truth movement seriously

[edit on 14-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

Left wing statement? For a lot of people, the truth behind 9/11 isnt just some fringe conspiracy topic like black helicopters, Freemasons or UFOs...it's activism right up there with human rights in Tibet or slave labor. Unfortunately, the entire 9/11 truth movement is looked at even by the liberals as all crazy. I mean when you have people talking about missles hitting the pentagon/no planes, pods on planes, and who knows what else...it's kind of frustrating.

I guess 9/11 is like just another x-files 'gee what if' discussion topic...when what it should be, is the biggest scandal to rock the US government of all time.

When you have the biggest event in modern US history, youre going to have
all sorts of planes, helicopters, etc...and yeah, even seaguls flying about.
Missles, orbs and UFO's...seriously. Am I the only one who was saddened to see people get so adament about flashes, pods and missle theories?

Gee...lets see, explosions placed in towers where bombs had already been used before, or UFO orbs and missles scampering about?

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Pfffff, I think this is fake.
I've spoken to someone who saw one of the jets fly into the WTCs, and it was a plane. I think people would notice if it were a missle!
So two airliners just dissapear?

An Airliner with allot of fuel in it, going past maximum speed ( I beleive ) Could bring down a building too

Another thing is that a missle could not do that much damage to a building

[edit on 24/11/05 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is it a bird..?

Is it a plane..?

NO.. It's a missile.

It's the same event captured in this still frame and the following video.

The missile is passing between the towers at the same instant on both videos [at the moment the second plane impacts and the fireball occurs], therefore it can only be the same object being captured on film from two different angles. Our government is not telling us half of the story of what happened on 9-11.

I'm not saying the government is responsible, but it seems to me they did fire a missile at the second plane to try to prevent it hitting the tower, but it was a few seconds too late and missed it's target anyway. If this missile was surface-to-air as it seems from the trajectory, that would mean there are SAM installations in NYC and THAT would be a national secret worthy of being covered up in the interests of our national defense.

I think that's the real cover-up of the events that day and the government is taking a beating from conspiracy theorists because things clearly don't add up, but they can't admit that a.) we have anti aircraft missiles in place (prior to 911) and b.) they're pitifully inadequate to protect us, judging by the distance this one was off it's target..

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I remember watching that video! Dammit, wish I had remembered before hand. Good work!

I'm abit confused now though, I thought the thing flying from right to left (in the .gif image) was the plane. Look at the first post of the second page (by me) and you'll see why I think that's the plane... well, it looks like one.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Okay, now I'm really confused.

I've just watched 3 videos of the second plane hitting the WTC from 3 different angles and I havn't seen anything apart from ONE plane (which obviously hit the WTC) and 3 birds.

This means that either:

A) The missile/plane in the .gif image is a fake.
B) All the videos have been messed with.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Interesting stuff Sauron...

As I read this, I am reminded of the theory which says that Oswald was actually in Dallas to prevent the assasination of JFK.

If you were an assassin who'd spent years training in Russia to kill the prez and you succeed brilliantly on TV (beyond the hopes of all past lone assassins) , wouldn't you show some flair? Like Booth, wouldn't you jump onto the stage and yell "Death to tyrants!" or something? Even a hick like Timothy McVeigh took pride in his work. Not Oswald. Notice when he is interviewed on film right after capture, one reporter says "Are you aware you are being accused of killing the president?" Oswald's face simply collapses. To my eyes, he looks like a man realizing he has failed, not some bold assassin.

Now we have these testimonies regarding missiles flying from the Woolworth building. Question is, were they aimed at one of the planes? because that's the only reason to fire. No way would a should-fired missile take out a building like WTC.

So perhaps this testimony can be explained by the "secret defender" idea, where somebody got tipped off and set up a perch to try and prevent what they knew was coming. I'm sure you've all the seen the pilot episode of the X-Files spin-off "The Lone Gunman" which aired prior to 9/11 and which was entirely about a plane being secretly hijacked by a war-craving cabal who then attempt to remotely fly it into the WTC building. ---This was filmed and aired prior to 9/11.

So since 9/11 was forseen by some (except Condi, Cheney, etc) we can assume that maybe there were secret plans (after the first WTC bombing) to have some kind of last-ditch plan to fire rockets at any inbound planes. There's no reason to tell the American people about this, before the fact or after the fact.

Anyway, I hadn't seen these quotes before, so something must have happened near the Woolworth building. What was it? I'm amazed at how little 9/11 video exists, frankly. How come no New Yorkers had more cameras trained on the towers? There's gotta be some footage out there somewhere that'll clear up 9/11 better one way or the other.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ive just found plenty of video footage.

Main 9/11 conspiracy site

Second plane crash videos

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

So since 9/11 was forseen by some (except Condi, Cheney, etc)

What, ya mean as Cheney was in the PEOC emergency bunker right round the time the first plane hit, most likely with a conducter wand in one hand and a phone calling Muhammed Atta in the other?
I kid...but yeah, if anyone knoew 9/11 was coming it was puppet grand master Cheney.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
Okay, now I'm really confused.

I've just watched 3 videos of the second plane hitting the WTC from 3 different angles and I havn't seen anything apart from ONE plane (which obviously hit the WTC) and 3 birds.

This means that either:

A) The missile/plane in the .gif image is a fake.
B) All the videos have been messed with.

Personally I'm a big believer in Occam's Razor. I think that the missile is a bird. But then I think I said that before. If you look hard there are some odd changes in direction. For a plane or a missile those are hard to explain. For a bird, it's tweety spotting something worth eating.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The gif is obviously a bird

it's going up and down as it flaps...

For the first pics, I don't know but it does not seem to be perfectly synchronous

BTW, the towers were taken down by the burning fluel of the planes, which melted the structure... who were the pilot and for who they were doing this, we'll never know for sure.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Lillo]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What temperature does steel melt at? And what temperature does jet engine fuel burn at?

I'll soon found out... *goes to check*

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

What temperature does steel melt at? And what temperature does jet engine fuel burn at?

I'll soon found out... *goes to check*

xeroxed88 all you need to know about the heat of melting steel and what not is posted in a 911 thread around here somewhere I think "Wecominpeace" posted it.

Originally posted by Lillo

BTW, the towers were taken down by the burning fluel of the planes, which melted the structure.

Please show us your proof of this please and thank you.

1 Million Dollars To Anyone Who Can Prove That Explosives Where Not Used At WTC
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25/11/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Okay, well I did some research and heres what I found:

Steel begins to melt at 2750 ºF
Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F).

Hmm... interesting.

EDIT:

xeroxed88 all you need to know about the heat of melting steel and what not is posted in a 911 thread around here somewhere I think "Wecominpeace" posted it.

Sorry! I didnt read it before I posted this.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It looks like a duck or swan. The top gif is the bird with it's wings raised, about to flap down. Neck on the left, legs splayed out behind it on the right.

The bottom gif is when the bird has lowered it's wings, again with the neck to the left and legs to the right. The lowered wings are mistaken for a plane's engine and the neck and legs as the jet's wings.

Sorry guys. It's a bird for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
what a freaky thing.

like a bunch of eyewitnesses said the exact same thing.

a. they are all lying
b. they are all telling the truth

for the conspiracy to work, you need conspirators. an army of them. so, i wonder. bit of a fly in the butter. they wouldn:t NEED a missile, as the bombs worked quite well, as they knew they would.
maybe this was just a preplanned red herring. or maybe, as many debunkers have pointed out as a possibility, the remote control explosives (that were supposed to initiate the collapse on that floor), were damaged by the impact of the plane into the north tower(hence, throwing off the desired precision of the controlled demo).
perhaps the missile, if there was a missile, was a contingency plan to initiate collapse, or ensure that that particular section of the tower was sufficiently weakened for the :pancake effect: to work.

btw. i think it's a bird in the video. it looks like it:s going really fast, because it is close to the camera.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
the "bird" i personally feel is fake (or else it is actually a bird), at first I was "sure" that it was a military type F-18 like that as much as anything else from the start does not reflect the mobility that these planes publicly have. though why can we not see the engines blazing??

if you look closely at the image you will notice that the "bird" (one form or other) passes in front of the building (unless that building is see-through thats quite conclusive) as from that angle it looks impossible for it to pass between the towers. Would need one helluva pilot.

I think that the "bird" is indeed a "bird". perhaps some faker done it though I highly doubt he would have missed the whole "see-through building" bit.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm sure someone must have already pointed out that the object in the footage seems to move slightly up and down in its path, and not in the much-straighter path one would expect of a missile. It's like it's flapping wings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join