It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and Nuclear enrichement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I have just been watching the news, Iran has said that it is entitled to enrich nuclear material on its on soil, as it wishes.

The thing is they are right, we might find it scary, we might think it will lead to attacks on other nations, however as a soveriegn nation do we have the right to tell Iran what it can and cant do on its own soil.

Even when we do tell them, should they listen?

How many countries have told america that the guantanamo bay detention centre is illegal and should be closed, they have not listened.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Iran since 1979 has had one purpose and that is to destroy the US and Israel. This has been shouted in the street for all this time since. They are building toward that end and laughing at the inept world around them in all this political correctess.

Iran is no different than Germany in the 30's except Hitler will have nukes and shahab-6's that can reach the middle of the US.

The US is the world peace maker and is justified as such. Iran must be stopped while there is a US to do it.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In theory nations are suppose to a right to peaceful nuclear power as long as they comply with certain regulations, have signed the NPT and are following all the rules etc, and I see nothing wrong with that.

As a sovereign nation and as a global community we do have the right and the obligation to tell them to shut their nuclear program down as they have not been following established rules/regulations. Iran has not been following the rules at all and with all the rhetoric that they have been spouting for the past 26 years or so, I am very suspicious of their true intentions, couple that with Iran having a secret nuclear weapons program since the 1980s and I think their true intentions are pretty clear. Not to mention that didn't the Pakistanis claim that their nuclear program was strictly peaceful and for power generation? It is up to them if they wish to listen or not but, eventually something will be done.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Please....do not refer to the USA as the world's peacemaker.
Without USA there would be maybe 1/10 of the conflict there is now.

As for Iran...

I believe it has every right to enrich uranium, and I believe USA has no right to interfere.

Just because they have a big far military, doesn't mean they can dictate what everyone else does.

Iran isn't like Germany in the 30s....USA is like Germany in the 30s, it wants to tell everyone what they can and cannon do, and anyone they don't like they just invade, making up false evidence to support their war (as with Iraq).

I am really truely hoping that the Extremist Iranian presidnet only wants this for truely peaceful purposes, and truely I think that if he wanted to develop a bomb, his decisions, about what he has done and said in the past 6 months would have been drastically different.

About the guantanamo bay detention centre, well that doesn't threaten to kill countless thousands of innocent people does it now? No, it doesn't.

USA and Israel are scared of Iran, because they know there is every chance Iran will make a nuclear bomb and use it against them.

And in all their efforts to stop Iran, they will not be successful, just as so far they acheived nothing of significance.

With the backing of Russia, and others like China and some Iranian neighbours, USA is powerless to attack Iran, and Israel won't unless they have a deathwish.

This is a lose-lose situation for everyone. Nothing will stop Israel, unless Russia decides to side with USA, and it won't because they're making a lot of money off Iran. Plus they are allies.

So there you have it...

Now there is nothing left to do but pray that Iran is indeed truthful in it's intentions.

And if it is, it would be a step into the better and brighter future, where perhaps USA can get over it, and be friends with the middle east.

MOD EDIT: Please do not use profanity in our forums.

[edit on 11/13/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

You get my vote for Way Beyond Ignorant.

Just because they have a big far military, doesn't mean they can dictate what everyone else does.

Excuse me? Thats exactly what it means. You may not agree with it, but it does mean - in the end - the US can dictate what it wishes for the most part.

Iran isn't like Germany in the 30s....USA is like Germany in the 30s, it wants to tell everyone what they can and cannon do, and anyone they don't like they just invade, making up false evidence to support their war (as with Iraq).

Ahhh, revisionist history.

FYI, it was GERMANY being told what NOT to do because of the outcome of WWI - that is why they had limitations (that were not enforced) on their military. The Germans were the ones wanting to purge the Jews, much as Iran does - in fact, they are probably the only two nations in the modern world to so publicaly display their hatred towards the Jews.

Guess what - it isn't just the US telling Iran what to do. It is ALL OF EUROPE AS WELL!

I am really truely hoping that the Extremist Iranian presidnet only wants this for truely peaceful purposes, and truely I think that if he wanted to develop a bomb, his decisions, about what he has done and said in the past 6 months would have been drastically different.

But you are willing to take the chance? What if you lived in Isreal, would you still be willing to take the chance?

And in all their efforts to stop Iran, they will not be successful, just as so far they acheived nothing of significance.

Insuring an enemy does not gain nuclear weapon is not significant?

With the backing of Russia, and others like China and some Iranian neighbours, USA is powerless to attack Iran, and Israel won't unless they have a deathwish.

This is the worst argument on the subject of Irans nuclear ambition, and I see it often.

Let me ask you something...

If you are in charge of Russia or China, and the US or Isreal attacks Iran, what would you do?

Impose trade restrictions? That would hurt Russia and China worse then the US or Isreal.

Attack Isreal, a nuclear power with the US as it's greatest ally? Bright idea there.

Attack the US - a completely superior power in every way? Even better idea

You didn't think this one through, did you? The US and Isreal have NOTHING to lose by bombing Irans nuclear power plants besides a few cruise missles.

Do you really think the US - with an annual military budget of nearly half a trillion dollars - isn't willing to sacrifice a $750,000 missle or two in order to insure that Iran does not become a nuclear power?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Surely if we can tell other countries they can't make nuclear weapons, we should be getting rid of our own. I don't like the inequality in foreign policy at the moment between Britain and American and the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobsa
Surely if we can tell other countries they can't make nuclear weapons, we should be getting rid of our own. I don't like the inequality in foreign policy at the moment between Britain and American and the rest of the world.

THere is a difference between a stable nation like the US, and a nation run by radical extremists, which is on the verge of a revolution, who publically call for the destruction of whole other nations.

MOD EDIT: Please refrain from using profanity in our forums.

[edit on 11/13/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by bobsa

BS.

THere is a difference between a stable nation like the US, and a nation run by radical extremists, which is on the verge of a revolution, who publically call for the destruction of whole other nations.

Totally agreed here. Russia and the US has been downsizing their nuclear forces for a long time. Here's the link to a NY Times article in May 2002 with the text of the treaty that Bush and Putin signed about reducing strategic weapons.

Isn't it written somewhere that, and i'd be seriously paraphrasing here, whoever stands against Isreal in the End Times shall be forever wiped off the earth? or something...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
Please....do not refer to the USA as the world's peacemaker.

This is very ignorant to say. With out the USA Germany would have taken Britian not too long ago and there should be no doubt in anyones mind about that.

I have been thinking about things a lot and I am starting to think that a lot of the EU hate towards the U.S. has been because the influence of Muslim hate towards the country in the EU. After all history is obvious, the U.S. and Britian created Israel where it is and both have been "Christian" countries.

The majority of the Muslim community hates both countries equally because both support Israel but the U.S. more openly supports Israel than the rest of Europe. It's just starting to seem like things are coming to a boiling point in the Muslim community. They have had enough of a Christian country being the main power in the world.

Maybe it is time for a change and time for the EU and the U.S. to unite together to battle these very real threats that are right now. This is somthing the U.S. can't go alone on, if it tries the Trialliance may easily win the day. The Trialliance obviously being Russia, China, and Iran. Really though this is all very scary.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
For every one attacking the root a thousand attack the branches.

Article IV
1. Nothing in this Treaty shall be interpreted as affecting the inalienable right of all the Parties to the Treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes without discrimination and in conformity with articles I and II of this Treaty.

2. All the Parties to the Treaty undertake to facilitate, and have the right to participate in, the fullest possible exchange of equipment, materials and scientific and technological information for the peaceful uses of nuclear energy. Parties to the Treaty in a position to do so shall also cooperate in contributing alone or together with other States or international organizations to the further development of the applications of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, especially in the territories of non-nuclear-weapon States Party to the Treaty, with due consideration for the needs of the developing areas of the world.

TREATY ON THE NON-PROLIFERATION OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS

Iran has the inalienable right to enrich Uranium for use in its nuclear reactors, and other peaceful purposes.

Anyone who thinks that their intent is anything more should show some proof.

No matter what you may personally believe the idea that they are planning to produce Weapons Grade Uranium is supposition only.

Iran has gone above and beyond any nation in the world by allowing more invasive inspections.

Expectations beyond the freedoms granted NPT signatories with hostile words deny America the moral high ground.

America needs to quit attacking Iran, and instead attack the NPT because the only nations not covered by it already have nukes....

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Even the former president of iran said that iran was misleading about there nuclear programme

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpilledBeans
They have had enough of a Christian country being the main power in the world.

Is the US really defined as a Christian country? I know that around 75% of the people are Christian and maybe 1% Muslim, but with the whole freedom of religion thing I figured we wouldn't have a set religion...

*Edit*
Forgot to supply the link to those numbers...
www.adherents.com...

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Shaker]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Is the US really defined as a Christian country? I know that around 75% of the people are Christian and maybe 1% Muslim, but with the whole freedom of religion thing I figured we wouldn't have a set religion...

In the eyes of the majority of the Muslim community I would say with out doubt, yes. I think they still see most of Europe and the U.S. as "Christians". I also think the majority of them want us dead.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Mabye because the president off USA is a devot christan and said on number of occasions that god wanted him to invade iraq

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpilledBeans
They have had enough of a Christian country being the main power in the world.

I doubt its about that, if the Middle-East had been left alone by the Western world, all of this might have never happend.
These "terrorists" dont fight the West because they envy their freedom or technology and whatnot, they just want to be left alone.

You just have to look into history and see who has been taking the first step each and every time.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Mabye because the president off USA is a devot christan and said on number of occasions that god wanted him to invade iraq

I always thought that when people, especially in this day and age, said that "God" told them to do something they were looked upon as crazy. I guess it's different when you have a high office...

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Eventualy the crusades will start again its just a matter of time middle east vs europe,wow would be one for the record books

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Eventualy the crusades will start again its just a matter of time middle east vs europe,wow would be one for the record books

Nope, Government's could give two *edit* about religion, they want control and if any religious fanatics try to prevent that, well thats what the Military is for.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well whats going on in the middle east rght now is either allah vs yeahaw,allah vs jesus christ,allah vs ganish.well mabye crusades was the wrong word to say but all aim saying is that religion has started some of the worst wars in history and split my county in half

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Did'nt a Jew invent nulclear energy - blame the Jews, 'God will destroy them when he returns'.... Did not that Iranian leader say it was a gift from God to mankind?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join