It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery eggs found in Berlin, Connecticut

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This is really strange. Hopefully they will publish their findings if they figure out what these things are...

About 10 a.m. he was sitting on his porch reading a newspaper when he heard a sudden burst.

"I thought it was hail and I said to my wife, �Ginger, it�s hailing,�" he said. "I went back to reading my paper and then I saw the things were still there and were not melting. I went out and saw hundred of these white things."

The �things� appeared to be eggs of some sort, the size of a pearl, he said.

Full Story

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
shame they didnt include a picture of what the eggs looked like.

we probably wont ever hear if they hatch .

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
ITS REPTOIDS AHHH RUN FOR THE HILLS FOLKS!!!

lol
I wonder what they are, alligators? hmmm wish we had a photo and mulberry is right probably wont hear anything about thisagain.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Open one of the eggs. You might be able to tell what type of egg it is if you opened one up. I guess the guy who saw the eggs did not think of that.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Eggs that mysteriously fell from the sky after Hurricane Isabel onto one single porch in town Sept. 19 have been identified as coming from frogs.

"We have found that they are probably some kind of egg, but we do not know what species (of frog)," said Ruth Rollin, chairman of the Central Connecticut State University biology department. "In order to be sure, they would have had to live."

Rollin said that though the eggs were dead when tested, it does appear the eggs came from the hurricane�s winds as she does not believe the species is from any known in Connecticut.

"To do further identification, the eggs would have to grow and hatch," Rollin said. "They did not live long enough for that to happen."

Full Story

[Edited on 10-2-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I smell a hoax.
No one else had any.
Came in the rain?
Did anyone else see or hear them fall?
Perhaps this guy just put them all over his yard then made the call.
something is fishy here, and it's not the eggs.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
come on DNA tests would confirm wether or not it was amphibious would they not were talking about a fertilised egg chromosones from two parents i smell a coverup

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Heres another article on the subject. Personally I find it even harder to believe that this man got a crate full of frog eggs and sprinkled them all over his lawn and then claimed they fell from the sky during a hurricane...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hm..how can Frog eggs fall from the sky? Might be a stupid question..lol...but can someone answer it? lol

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
There have been "strange rains" recorded all throughout history. Frogs, fish, other weird stuff have fallen from the sky many times. Any Forteans here?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, as it was a hurricane there was probably a water spout that picked up the eggs and carried them high in the atmosphere, until they fell in Connecticut. It is rare but not unheard of. Although I believe it is more common to find fish falling from the sky than it is frog eggs. Seriously. And believe it or not, frog eggs are not the strangest things to have raained down. Do a search for the Kentucky meat shower some time if you want to read something truly bizarre.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We have discussed the different "stange storms" throughout history before on the board, just do a search.

I'm sure many will likely remember the raining frogs, so what is so difficult to understand about frog eggs?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
He mentioned seeing small white objects in the yard that wouldn't melt. Then he went out and picked several up and put them in jars. Does this look like small white objects to you?
[align=center]>>>btw, I thought it was odd the guy looked like Robin Williams in the film One Hour Photo

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Whatever, this is weird and hard to believe. How could they come from the sky, and yet fall on just one person's lawn? There seriously is nor enough detail and so far it sounds like a fake.....................whatever

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Dude... he really does look like Robin williams in one hour photo.. But I have heard of eggs and things being carried into the atomsphere by hurricanes.. so its possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A shark fell out of the sky once, can't remember where or when though.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't know, but I thought frogs didn't exactly lay "hard" eggs. I thought they were simply a soft membrane around the embryo that turned into a tadpole. Just a thought....

For the lifecycle of frogs check this out.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
hurricane takes them up into the atmosphere, they freeze up there and fall down hard. easy enough to beleive.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

"I went back to reading my paper and then I saw the things were still there and were not melting. I went out and saw hundred of these white things."

If they were carried up into the atmosphere and frozen, why would they not melt. It's either bogus or they were something other than frog eggs.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
eggs dont melt
..... maybe the ice melted off of them as they sat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join