It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptic about abduction senario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ya know, as much as I believe in what I believe to be truth, I have always had a problem believing in alien's abducting folks. My research in past years tells me that most if not all testimonies could possibly be unreal. We dream in REM (rapid eye movement) state. There is only one state (that I am aware of) that goes beyond that one and that is the "Theta" state. Let's for all purposes call it close to unconciousness. We can talk about regression and how it is supposed to work. I have been regressed with no help. I am one that does not agree well with hipnosis. Is there anyone here on the board that would like to come forward and tell us if you feel you have ever been abducted. Please, post only if you are willing to give a full discription of your event. I want to hear from begining to end.
Many say they have been abduted in the dream state. I for one have had one or two experiences where this has happend. But, after I awakened I had to feel that my event was unfounded to be true because I treated it like a dream. I dreampt that I was somehow aboard a craft and two skinny large marshmellow colored beings with big oval black eyes were standing beside me as I sat on the wooden type of chair. The one to my left came at me with some kind of a drill and was headed for the left side of my face by my cheek. I then woke up. I will never say that I was abduted. I have always treated that as a dream or nightmare.

Hope this thread goes somewhere other then to the trash. I am truly interested.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
(I assume that you probably know about this case, but I'll ask anyway just in case you havent.)
Have you ever watched "Fire In The Sky" (movie) , or read the book?

Not only was Travis Walton abducted while wide awake, he recalled everything as being real and not dream-like, as real as it gets. Four or five of his co-workers were there when he was taken and witnessed it, passed countless polygraph tests.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have the movie and have watched it at least a dozen or more times. I am aware of the whole movie. And yes, he had wittness in the woods that night. They saw him go and stand under that beam of blue light and be brought up. I believe his story at the upmost. One of the most compeling events other then the Barney and Betty Hill story.

Originally posted by Unplugged
(I assume that you probably know about this case, but I'll ask anyway just in case you havent.)
Have you ever watched "Fire In The Sky" (movie) , or read the book?

Not only was Travis Walton abducted while wide awake, he recalled everything as being real and not dream-like, as real as it gets. Four or five of his co-workers were there when he was taken and witnessed it, passed countless polygraph tests.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I realized I didnt really adress the thread properly, so I will try here.

I dont really think I was abducted, but I started noticing some things lately that made think a little. I'll be brief...

--When I was 17 (3.5 years ago), in the early morning of an early august day (3 or 4am) I saw something in my room that changed my life.
--I dont know what it was, but I know that I was wide awake and that I stayed awake until morning came.
--At first I thought it was my mother that had come to wake me up in the morning, but then I noticed my door was closed- like I always leave it.
--This thing I saw was from my estimates about 6ft, or maybe a little taller.
--I did not have my glasses or contacts on, so my vision was blurry- but I could still see fairly well just no fine details.
--It was a light color, I remember the contrast in its color and my white walls. It was like a light grey/ tan color, very light colors.
--After I realized that this thing was not my mom, I began to feel extreme terror. (this happened in about 4 or 5 seconds after I opened my eyes )
--After about about ten seconds of it standing there staring at me, It began to move very slowly out of my line of sight.
--I was sleeping sideways- it was standing just past the corner of my bed on the side I was facing... I was a little curled over so my line of sight was to the left side of the foot of my bed
--My shoulder was blocking my view to my right side-- the side when the thing moved to where I couldnt see it
--Once I realized it wasnt my mom, I was too afraid to look at its face. I mostly just remember looking directly at its lower body or closing my eyes wishing it to go away.
--It was humanoid of course. Looked like a person at first glance... I only wglanced at its full figure a couple of times before I became too scared.
--After it left, I decided I would lay in bed till morning came.
--I remember seeing that it was 5:30am when I got the courage to lift my head and look at the time.
--My next memories of that morning was sitting on my bed holding my knees and staring the same spot on my bed for what seemed like hours. When I decided to look at the time it was 9am.
--In retrospect, I am certain that I had post-traumatic stress dissorder
--I was in complete shock...with that single event, my whole view of the world was jolted
--As traumatizing as it was, as a result I experienced a tremendous epiphany. It was as if my whole life I had my eyes closed, and now, just now I had finally opened my eyes.
--After this event, basically overnight I became extremely interested in world mysteries, specially ancient mysteries and present ones.
--Not only did I become interested in mysteries, but also in just about everything that I didnt know and found interesting all of a sudden.
--I changed completely as a person after the incident, my demeanor, my way of interacting with people- I became a much better person
--In my research regarding powerful epiphanies, I found that in religious texts, they were described as "receiving the gift of light"- which usually happened after the appearane of an "angel" to a person or a striking unusual event.
-
-
-
This is not the full story, there is much more that happens later on that is more consistent with the typical "abduction" type of thing (I really doubt I was though), but I feel I am rambling, so should I go on?

[edit on 13-11-2005 by Unplugged]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Re Post Above: Great story ya got there. Not only does the lampse in time which in itself is proof something happened. But, it is the fact that you began to take interest in stuff you had never before. Not only that, (if I am reading you correctly) you had knowledge of things that you never had before. Pretty conculusive event I my book. Now, all we need to decide is if it was something from a past or present or future and whether or not it was ET in origan. Could well have been a anchant Myan or Indian guide of some sort.
I think something really did happen to you that night. There is no doubt in my mind. You are still young and they like the young. You are at an age that can still be taught and followed though thier (or whomever's) teachings. I am more inclinded to think that this was a visit from some kind of guide. My ESP is kicking in here. Cool.....
So far all great post's. And I am reading them all. If I do not reply to each as individual (got to work too) I will compile the ones of the day together and answer when I get home.

Great job everyone! Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyChild_5
Not only that, (if I am reading you correctly) you had knowledge of things that you never had before.

Thats so strange that you should mention that, because I never said that exactly-- but it is actually what I felt happened.
It was as if all the information about mysteries that I have ever seen or heard about (I ignored or paid little attention to) just arise into my conscious mind... like all unconscious information that I had ever taken i on these subjects was just brought to consciousness all at once. I felt like I knew more than I should. Anyway, enough of that event, next time I'll post about what happened late on no time now.

Mod edit: quote clarity

[edit on 14-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just com'on in and ejoy the ride. These gifts are givin for a reason. You just have to learn to go with them. Is there some strangness in why some have the visions of past, present or future. No, not at all. Some my think it starange. That is due to the lack of understanding. Some call those that have gifts to be visionaries "different" and some just say down right "Crazy". The truth here is, that you have been given this devine gift to be a "Messanger" to all. It is up to you to carry out the deed that has been givin to you. No, it is not strange that I should mention what I did. Nope, not at all.

Sky

Mod edit for clarity.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have an anecdotal story to share in support of the abduction senario. This account was directly given to me by a US Military witness.

My military acquaintance stated: "I was attending a UFO conference, as I sometimes do, in order to understand how much the public actually knows. The topic had been abductions. During the ensuing question and answer period that followed the talk, one woman, rather than ask questions, went on to tell her story of abduction. She went on and on talking about her story, so much so that when she stopped the moderator stopped the Q&A period because the room had thinned out, her story sounded so incredible. The woman looked at me several times then started to stare as she approached me. I started to head to the door when she insisted I stop. I did. She looked me up and down then suggested we had met previously. I told her we had not and that I had to go. I stepped from the room and walked though the lobby to exit the building. I stepped outside to light a cigar. While standing there the person who'd given the talk on abductions walked up to me thanking me for distracting the woman long enough for him to escape her. I looked him in the eye and said, 'Sir, of all the stories you've investigated, her's is the most credible.' The speaker then asked me what would draw me to that conclusion. I simply answered, 'Good day, sir.'"

So I put the question directly to my acquaintance: "What drew you to the conclusion her story was true?" His terse answer still rings in my ears: "Because sir, I was there."

[edit on 13-11-2005 by FEMA]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I totally believe that story. There are so many out there like that one that have not been heard or discredited. My late uncle that worked on the Apollo 11 mission blueprints was on his way to Puerto Rico on a private twin engine. And to this day, I am really surprised he even report this. Not only to his family (us) but the NSA. This was in the early 60s. Off the left wing they both (being the pilot and himself) say a metalic bright (litteral) flying saucer. Now, my reason for mentioning this is, there was a very good chance of an adbuction event at that time. From what was told to me, the arrival time was off by quite a bit. I don't really remember if it was early or late. Yes, I believe your story to be most clearly credable.

Sorry, darn spelling again. I think the least they could have taught me was how to spell check. Or even spell for that matter.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Don't forget the Barney and Betty Hill story. Betty allegedly drew a sketch of an appearent star system that they showed her. That same star system was found years later by an appearent credible astronomer.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Sky,there has been many cases of people being fully awake, I.E. driving a car when they are being taken, usually on deserted roads and such.

I recall some accounts of possible abductions:

-I was rather young, around 10~12 years of age, I was sitting up in bed, just kinda thinking, Suddenly, it was morning, I was still sitting in the same position fully awake! it was like it was SUDDENLY day time, I was completely dumbfounded.
-Had many cases in the past of blood stains on my pillow and strange sudden nose bleeds, often I just needed as much as a soft push to it and it started bleeding.
-I get really uncomfortable/scared etc when seeing picutres depicting greys, not until I confronted my fears by watching the Alien Interview video and seeing pictures of them on a regular basis did I finally overcome this fear (somewhat), I have no explenation why, the only thing that comes remotely close is Jellyfish which I am just kinda phobic of, but not even that bad I can't look at them and avoid seeing pictures of like the Grey.

I also had many dreams of friendly greys interacting with me, never true abductions though, I am interesting in hypnotherapy/regression therapy to see what comes out but i'm afraid of the mere suggestion will give me false memories.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Since there are entirely too many abductions that occur when people are wide awake and doing normal things, I dont find it difficult at all to believe. I also dont find the abduction scenario entirely impossible. If anything, it sounds very likely.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged

Wow Unplugged, that sounds so much like what ive experienced ! It certainly does turn your world around doesnt it, like a very ruuude awakening trough sheer terror of seeing something, that by todays "standards" isnt acceptable.

Like you know you are not dreaming it but you wish you were.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If I saw that, i'd be first paralyzed by fear, but I more than likely would pull my self together to confront it, ofcourse with a piece in my hand because any intruder in my home could be hostile.

If it has no good intentions and threatends me I would blast a cap in it and drag it's corpse off to the press and be like: hey want proof of extra-terrestials?

That's exactly why they never did that to me, they seem to avoid Rambo's like me

They usually visit people who have no interest in them and/or are skeptical about them, like my Brother, he had some sleep-paralysis when he woke up paired with bright lights, he couldn't see what happened because he couldn't open his eyes! after this episode he came to me in my room and said to my suprise: Ghost Exist! but after hearing his story it seemed more likely he got him self an alien episode there.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I do also believe you. sleep-paralysis is very common I have found though research. It is when the brain can not connect between the "REM" dream state and reality when you wake up. There is only one more step beyond the "REM" state that I know of (correct me please if I am wrong here) is the "Theta" state which is your so called hypnosis state. Ground Zero, if you do indeed try regression hypnosis, I hope it works for you. I unfortuatly am one that has a hard time getting go that state. IMHO, I can not be hypnotized. I have tried regression three times with no chance of even getting close to "Theta" state of being.
And yes, as I have in my topic "Missing Time", I do believe that abdution at the "Missing Time" event is very credible.

Oh Sorry, I almost forgot! I have found also though my studies and though the the books and theory of "David Jacobs" that nose bleeds are very common in most if not all abduction cases.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
your right about "sleep-paralysis" it is common

to be more prcice, we all have a mechanism in our brains that paralises the body during R.E.M. state to stop us acting out our dreams and hurting ourselfs.

occasionaly with certain people this mechanisem dosent switch off as fast as it should and so the brains have woken up, but the body is still asleep, and unable to move,

60-70% of the time the subject will try to rationalize why they can't move,
and usualy manifests itself as a presence in the room,

most notibly is the "Old Hag" myth
legend has it throuought the centuries that a old hag or demon will sit on your chest or be pressing down on you when you awake,

I just did a search and loads of old hag pages came up
here is a site

sleepparalysis.dnswh.com...

this would explain a lot of cases of visitations in your room

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
after may dad left for work one early morning. The bedroom door was open and this old lady drifted though. She stood there for a moment then come over and touched my mom on the hand. Then just disappered. My mom will never forget that and the ice cool paralizing feeling she had that early morning. Yes, I too know of the "Old Hag" myth.

Originally posted by TrentReznor

your right about "sleep-paralysis" it is common

to be more prcice, we all have a mechanism in our brains that paralises the body during R.E.M. state to stop us acting out our dreams and hurting ourselfs.

occasionaly with certain people this mechanisem dosent switch off as fast as it should and so the brains have woken up, but the body is still asleep, and unable to move,

60-70% of the time the subject will try to rationalize why they can't move,
and usualy manifests itself as a presence in the room,

most notibly is the "Old Hag" myth
legend has it throuought the centuries that a old hag or demon will sit on your chest or be pressing down on you when you awake,

I just did a search and loads of old hag pages came up
here is a site

sleepparalysis.dnswh.com...

this would explain a lot of cases of visitations in your room

new topics

top topics

join