It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Finally the moderate muslims in Denmark speak up against the fundamentalists
Maybe there is hope after all. These are the muslims who don´t want sharia laws to be introduced in Denmark.

Jyllands-Posten: Khader confronts fundamentalists

Naser Khader spearheads a network of Muslims trying to create a moderate counterweight to extremist groups. Naser Khader's patience with extremist Muslims has expired. The time has come for moderate Muslims to confront extremist groups, the Palesinian-born MP told weekly newspaper Søndagsavisen. 'To be a practicing Muslim is not the same as being an extremist. I'll fight the people who think they can tell me and others how to be a good Muslim. That is a matter between Allah and individual Muslims,' he said.

As one of the country's most prominent Muslims, Khader has found himself in the line of fire from many sides over the years. He is often asked by journalists to act as a spokesperson for the country's 200,000 Muslims, but fundamentalist Muslims have also turned on Khader for what they consider his secular ways. Despite their criticism, Khader maintains that its possible to be both modern and Muslim. 'The difference between me and the fundamentalists is that I am a Muslim in a dynamic way. Islam should be interpreted based on the contemporary times we live in,' said Khader. 'Fundamentalists say that what is written in the Koran is the truth for all time. That is an opinion we moderate Muslims want to challenge.'

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Mark Luitzen!

OOOoohhh!!!1!11!
How dare you this blasphemy! Heresy, I say!
I'll have the spanish Inquisition warm your foot-soles for this!

( 500 years ago, i.e...)

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Denmark can print whatever it want's it is NOT an Islamic state nor will it ever be. Muslims should respect their minorities first then lecture others on how they treat Muslims. Either way, I'm glad they reacted so violently, since this means more cartoons coming out all over Europe for us to laugh at .
[edit on 31-1-2006 by Nakash]

Ok using your sense : UK is not a Jewish country so they can print whatever they want. They can print pictures showing big headed Jews praying to Satan with Star of David burning on fire. So that people in UK can laugh at those pictures.
you dismiss the concept of equality , you have no sense of fairness whatsoever.

You want unlimited freespeech so be it , but you have first to treat all religions equally.

I don’t know how Saudi Arabia relates to the topic of this thread. Surely they have despotic government and they are not an example to follow but at least they never offended Christianity or Judaism. (If they jail a Christian they didn’t offend his religion).

The subject here is about how religions are offended not about how governments run.

Moreover, there are many despotic governments in the world , so why you have picked Saudi Arabia . Because it is Islamic? Now I can clearly see your twisted logic.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I thought only individuals, i.e. people could get offended, since they've got feelings. Not religions. Religions are not a living biological matter with feelings. How can You insult a rock, for instance?

Religious people HAS GOT TO look beyond their scriptures, and learn who they are by experiencing life, not accept life purely out of one book.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep_Blue

They can print pictures showing big headed Jews praying to Satan with Star of David burning on fire. So that people in UK can laugh at those pictures.

Didn´t you see that part about the fake pictures which I posted on page 2? The real pictures were actually not that bad. No pig noses, pig ears, burning beard or sex with animals. There are some serious misinformations going on in this case, trying to make it look worse than it really was. These countries boycotting Denmark should get some real facts on the table and stop listening to Al Qaeda.

I don’t know how Saudi Arabia relates to the topic of this thread.

Moreover, there are many despotic governments in the world , so why you have picked Saudi Arabia . Because it is Islamic? Now I can clearly see your twisted logic.

Saudi Arabia was the first country to boycot Danish goods because of the Muhammed drawings. That´s why Saudi Arabia is to be found in this thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris_dk
A man draws a picture that insults the islamic world and is followed by imidiate boycott of all his countrymen, deaththreats and the burning of the very soul of the country. Tell me where fair fits into all this?

Again ... replace the world Islamic with Jewish and then tell me your opinion .. Iam sure that you will have 180 different opinion.

example:
[ A man draws a picture that insults the Jewish and is followed by immediate boycott of all his countrymen, death threats and the burning of the very soul of the country. Tell me where fair fits into all this? ] == > based on this imaginary scenario what is your opinion????

by the way majority of Muslims only need an apology , death threats are from the minor (1%) extremists who are .... guess who ... Alqaeda ==> are they considered Muslim by the 99% Muslims? absolutely not.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Didn´t you see that part about the fake pictures which I posted on page 2? The real pictures were actually not that bad. No pig noses, pig ears, burning beard or sex with animals. There are some serious misinformations going on in this case, trying to make it look worse than it really was. These countries boycotting Denmark should get some real facts on the table and stop listening to Al Qaeda.
thread.

Sorry I cant understand what is your point, If you are saying that there are already pictures that offend other religions , then you have to notice that those pictures are from a website not from an official newspaper that miliions read every day. THere is a different between a website with unkown publishers, and an offical newspaper that belong to a goverment.

and please explain what are the serious misinformations that you have mentioned?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

THere is a different between a website with unkown publishers, and an offical newspaper that belong to a goverment.

The newspaper doesn't belong to the government.
It's an independantly run newspaper like the New York Times.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

please explain what are the serious misinformations that you have mentioned?

Jyllands-Posten (the danish newspaper) is not owned or run by the government as somebody claim. Jyllands-Posten is independent. They have also apologized for printing the 12 pictures of Muhammed. Somebody who wants to stir up trouble presented in the middle east (and also on BBC World), some pictures of Muhammed which were really bad but they were not the pictures printed in the danish newspaper which they claimed. Muslims around the world protest so big because they have seen some other pictures which were really really bad (pig nose etc.) but those pictures have nothing to do with this newspaper or the Danish government. Muslims have also been told stories about Denmark which is not true. The danish government is not writing a new sensored version of the Koran for instance...

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
The newspaper doesn't belong to the government.
It's an independantly run newspaper like the New York Times.

I know that. I meant it is a newspaper that belong to the country (Denemark) and is monitored by the goverment.

[edit on 31-1-2006 by Deep_Blue]

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

This is not about which religion is better, its about rescpecting other groups. Denamark is not an Islamic state but it has to respect the minority muslims as it do for other minorities.

It does not have to respect anyone, it is a sovereign nation.
But thats beyond the point I suppose.

imagine this...........
a neo nazi or kkk comedian starts printing racist cartoons against africans and jews in a famous newspaper..say the washington post....now according to some people of the people down here the kkk guy has every right to do this because.......

In my opinion, yes they do, it's freedom of speech, just because a person or group does'nt like it, well thats tought, they should either put up with it, or move to another less free country.
Of course you would have people here getting upset, and it would most likely be taken out and the paper would make an apology.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

please explain what are the serious misinformations that you have mentioned?

Jyllands-Posten (the danish newspaper) is not owned or run by the government as somebody claim. Jyllands-Posten is independent. They have also apologized for printing the 12 pictures of Muhammed. Somebody who wants to stir up trouble presented in the middle east (and also on BBC World), some pictures of Muhammed which were really bad but they were not the pictures printed in the danish newspaper which they claimed. Muslims around the world protest so big because they have seen some other pictures which were really really bad (pig nose etc.) but those pictures have nothing to do with this newspaper or the Danish government. Muslims have also been told stories about Denmark which is not true. The danish government is not writing a new sensored version of the Koran for instance...

I dunno may be there were exaggerations about what happened in Denemark.

anyway the newspaper already appologised to Muslims . I hope that this problem will be solved soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

example:
[ A man draws a picture that insults the Jewish and is followed by immediate boycott of all his countrymen, death threats and the burning of the very soul of the country. Tell me where fair fits into all this? ] == > based on this imaginary scenario what is your opinion????

by the way majority of Muslims only need an apology , death threats are from the minor (1%) extremists who are .... guess who ... Alqaeda ==> are they considered Muslim by the 99% Muslims? absolutely not.

It doesn't matter what word or religion you put in the text (Jewish, Islamic) my point is why the whole country is being boycott for what one newpaper writes? The man who draw the pictures are responsible, not his neighbour, his friends and specially not the goverment. Using your logic would be, a german guy kills an english guy, which would result in England boycotting Germany. What's your opinion on that?

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it might not be, but that doesn't give anyone in denmark the right to straight up offend muslims

[edit on 7-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

no free speech gives that right, denmark is a free secular democracy..

muslims arent special, gays, disabled,, blacks, asians, hindus, jews, christians, etc, etc all are joked about, why should they be given special treatment, why should denmark silence free press to appease extremists?

[edit on 31-1-2006 by namehere]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it might not be, but that doesn't give anyone in denmark the right to straight up offend muslims

[edit on 7-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

no free speech gives that right, denmark is a free secular democracy..

muslims arent special, gays, disabled,, blacks, asians, hindus, jews, christians, etc, etc all are joked about, why should they be given special treatment, why should denmark silence free press to appease extremists?

[edit on 31-1-2006 by namehere]

They really shouldnt.

Its kind of sad though. Hundreds of years ago, Islam was one of the most tolerant religion in the world when it came to accepting other peoples religions and ways. Then Christianity stepped in and started a reign of terror and bloodshed, forcing its way onto everyone. Things has changed indeed...

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well, I guess it isn't over with Jyllandspostens excuse.
Now, it seems as Indonesia and Malaysia follows up on the protesting spree.
At the same time a french, icelandic and a german newspaper prints the drawings too.

What is also rather interesting, is that the instigator of this debacle, Imam Abu Laban, are talking with a cleaved tongue, not worthy of a true muslim!

After this debacle started, he was really a powerful agitator for muslim uprise. When starting to realize that his success in gaining media attention escalated, he tried in a diplomatic way to state, that he never ment for any boycotts and such.
Now it seems that he are telling something else to the news channel Al-Jazeera! Here, he plain out supports the boycott.

Imo, this guy is a menace to the danish society, and should be expelled for his actions, that do not help anyone.

Politiken (danish)

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann

a french, icelandic and a german newspaper prints the drawings too.

Add to that list: Italy and Spain

BBC: Muhammad cartoon row intensifies

1 February 2006

Newspapers across Europe have reprinted caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad to show support for a Danish paper whose cartoons have sparked Muslim outrage. France Soir, Germany's Die Welt, La Stampa in Italy and El Periodico in Spain all carried some of the drawings.

France Soir said it had reprinted the full set to show that "religious dogma" had no place in a secular society. Under the headline "Yes, we have the right to caricature God", the daily carried a front-page cartoon of Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim and Christian gods floating on a cloud. It shows the Christian deity saying: "Don't complain, Muhammad, we've all been caricatured here."

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann

a french, icelandic and a german newspaper prints the drawings too.

Add to that list: Italy and Spain

BBC: Muhammad cartoon row intensifies

1 February 2006

Newspapers across Europe have reprinted caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad to show support for a Danish paper whose cartoons have sparked Muslim outrage. France Soir, Germany's Die Welt, La Stampa in Italy and El Periodico in Spain all carried some of the drawings.

France Soir said it had reprinted the full set to show that "religious dogma" had no place in a secular society. Under the headline "Yes, we have the right to caricature God", the daily carried a front-page cartoon of Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim and Christian gods floating on a cloud. It shows the Christian deity saying: "Don't complain, Muhammad, we've all been caricatured here."

Add to the list: Holland!

I would also like to add my deepest thanks to all fellow nations, all news papers fighting for our right to say what we think and want! All western nations must stand united to fight those who wants to undermine our ways of life and freedom.

Last news: Denmark's planing to give the islamic sociaty a Moskê in copenhagen, as a gift from the danish people, in order to show the world that Denmark is not anti-islamic... In that case, the whole issue "freedom of speech" is lost....

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

An apology for what? An apology for printing cartoons? An apology because Denmark has freedom of speech? An apology for danish ways of life or an apology for danish imams travling the middle-east countries spreading lies and rumors... please tell me what apology they want!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Congratulations to Deep Blue and arabian_stallion for posting a pro islamic stance over this issue. Its good to read some defence of the situation, even though i don't agree with it.

Keep up the good work!

BTW I think what Helmutt was meaning about teh fake pictures is that The pics produced and printed are NOT the pictures shown to Muslims that upset them so much. In between someone has created more offensive pictures that caused the outrage.

However I see the issue as yet again a form of religious bullying by muslims who whip their people up into mindless anger against minor issue.

To me it just shows yet again how much the islamic world seeks to abuse and change the west to their own belief system.

Personally the more I see on the news of "Muslim protests" over issues such as wearing the hajib, etc in western countries, the more tired I get of trying to understand their point of view and the more I revert to kneejerk reactions of "kick them out of western countries back to their own failed societies and corrupt nations".

I am slowly moving to the view that some people don't deserve to be in the west. That its a privilige not a right to be there. Why poison our society with the kind of nonsence that destroys their own.

[edit on 1-2-2006 by Netchicken]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join