It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The geezers in Saudi-Arabia has become so offended, that they have called home their ambassador in Denmark!

I can't hide my sarcastic laughter.

And now, the 'Mosaisk trossamfund' (I am not sure how to translate it, without risking offending someone) (pun intended), are actaully stunned by the great response from the Saudi's. The danish muslims didn't believe it would go that far, and are now stating that they didn't mean for any boycotts of food to happen.

I am laughing so hard, I am getting ticks, and pee my panties...

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
people over here r seeing this in the totally wrong way.
muslims are not pissed for the sake of meddling with western affairs. the anger comes from the ignorance of the cartoonist. by showing the prophet muhammed peace be upon him as a suicide bomber you also send a message to every1 reading the newspaper telling them that islam is a terrorist religion which by the way (4 those of u whove been watching the propaganda filled media for a bit too long) its not.

and wen that other guy talks abt how many muslim newspapers draw pictures of bush n stuff......come on were do u go off comparing a prophet who has dedicated his life to God and his message of peace and a ruthless politician who has murdered numerous innoncent people.

i mean if u have drawn osama bin laden in that position nobody wouldve minded because thats the truth really but this is the prophet Muhammed peace be upon him whos message did not include bombing innoncent people.

and by the way its not just a cartoon, its a message to all the danish people saying muslims are evil and the message of islam is evil. freedom of speech was created to reveal the truth and this is not the truth

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by arabian_stallion

and by the way its not just a cartoon, its a message to all the danish people saying muslims are evil and the message of islam is evil.

No. It IS just cartoons. when 'reading' the cartoons, it implies that people understand, that the evil is not the religion itself, but its zealous fundamentalist followers. Of course many people, regrettfully, will misunderstand as humans tend to do. -All the time, over and over again.

I call that 'no sense of humour'.

As far as I can recall, No christian countries has yet called back their ambassadors, because a islamic country (-some people in them!) do mockery of christianity.

I totally see your opinion in this, but I say again, it is the total zelousness that creates bad entities. This goes for all religion, and all cultures and all countries. We other ones (non-zealots), should be able to look the other way, and continue our daily chores, without getting steamed up. -OVER CARTOONS!

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   

what do you think christians would say if the new york times published an entire paper of printed ways to "take the lord's name in vain" and straight up offensive blasphemy against their religion?

just pages of creative expletives incorporating jesus and god.

now, to muslims, what they did in denmark is 13 times worse. the entire point of not depicting the prophet in islam was to keep people from viewing him as a god, which (in their opinion) had happened to jesus.

You can't really say that would be the same as the situation at hand, firstly Denmark, as said before, is not an Islamic country, the majority of the population is not Islamic. Therefore it's not like your offending a large part of the population.

If you were ging to make a situation that would be the same, it would be like India creating "blasphemous" comics about Jesus or "God" or Christianity, and having America getting pissy about it.

The cartoonist has every right to do what he did, and I support him.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What made this situation worse was that a group of muslims in Denmark ("Al Qaeda in Denmark" or something... ) went down to the Middle East and fed them a bunch of lies. They told them that Jyllands-Posten was owned by the danish government, that there is an official agenda in Denmark to offend muslims in general and also that there were plans in Denmark to rewrite the Koran. In order to get the diplomatic connections re-esablished with muslim countries and to call off the muslim boycot of Denmark, Jyllands-Posten yesterday printed an open letter (in arabic and danish) to muslims, where they say they´re very sorry about all this mess and that they really didn´t mean to offend anyone. Btw, the homepage of Jyllands-Posten just went dead so I can´t find the danish translation of the letter for you. An english translation would be better anyway...

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Some danish imams now admit to have "exaggerated" namelists by adding names who doesn´t excist, making it appear like 200,000 people signed their names instead of 15,000. Names of people who protest the drawings and want Denmark to "surrender". The boycott of Danish goods now spreads to other countries. Kuwait is boycotting Denmark now as well

Protests in Baghdad against the drawings of Muhammed. Photo: AP/Karim Kadim

And here's the link to the danish version of the "so sorry" open letter to the people of Saudi Arabia.

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I hope Imam Abu Laban and his other conspirators within the 'mosaisk trossamfund' spread these news to their respective countries. -that were on their 'tour'-map, where they made these lies of those '200.000 angry islamists'!
Imam Ahmad Abu Laban, Photo: DR

1 of supposedly 200.000 angry danish islamists, Archivephoto

These LIES, these imams has been spreading has snowballed even more! Now LIBYA has called home their ambassador too!

Dansk Folkeparti seem to have glorious days! The party has even asked the muslim society, AND their fellow party members to 'chill out' a bit, so things can get controllable (-at least to get some oversight!) again.

It is unbelievable, because this 'out-of-proportions' situation is really more flammable than the real US vs. middle-east situation. Here we have some few persons in the local society, flaring up, making a issue out of a cartoon, to get some more attention, even telling some lies to build the reasonning of the issue, resulting in several countries recalling ambassadors, demonstrations and flag-burning and boycotting of food-stuffs.

What our new countrymen/women are doing are so opposite of integration, I would almost blatantly start to call it internation, -of themselves. They paint themselves in the colours of racism!
U N B E L I E V A B L E !
and

I am surely starting to keep an eye out on any new members in my pistol-union. They aren't getting any permission to get any gun from me, oh, no. I am going stocking up on ammunition now. I thought Moses Hanses were going to put Nørrebro on fire with his speeches earlier in january. That was, btw, his "Jesus lives and Muhammed is dead"-speech.

Last time he got a lot of attention was when he bore a wooden cross on his back through Copenhagens "little Persia", or "Persia Town" (Nørrebro aka. Nørrebronx).
Moses Hansen, Photo: DR

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe the muslims will get so angry at Denmark that they'll actually leave.
Nah, that's just wishful thinking.

They really do like to overreact though.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Take THAT Denmark

Like a little baby crying...just...a little baby with guns, nukes, missles, and suicide bombers.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Oh no, Ulvetann. Not the embassador of Libya as well
? What can the Danes possibly do to make him come back
? I wonder if Iran will join this crusade against Denmark as well...

Armed Palestinians stormed an EU office in Gaza because of the Muhammed drawings. They have threatened to harm any Norwegians, Danes or Swedes and urged them all to leave Palestine right now. In fact they are evacuating Scandinavian people from there as we speak. On the west bank they are burning danish flags. Why do they want to harm the Swedes as well? Maybe because they look so much like Danes or Norwegians (=rascism) or maybe because they are located so close to Norway where a Christian newspaper reprinted those terrible terrible drawings which were posted by Jyllands-Posten in Denmark in the first place? I don´t know why they target Sweden, but I haven´t heard about any "reprinting of evil drawings" in Sweden. You know what? This will give a boost to the nazi movements in Sweden (Norway and Denmark too for that matter). What´s the matter with those people? Can´t they see how wrong this is? I would say burning flags are a bigger offense, but I guess that´s just me
. But whatever is the "bigger offense", The Danish people or the Danish State has no responsibillity for these drawings! Stop picking on the Swedes, Norwegians and Danes, call a lawyer and sue Jyllands-Posten instead. Not all this %¤/#&%!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I agree, Hellmutt! Why the swedes?
My guess is, provokely saying, that they don't know enough to realize that Sweden is NOT a city in Denmark, as well as Norway is NOT the capitol of Sweden! -Or any other way around.

If those who live by medieval standards want to continue their medieval life, we can surely get medieval on their heinies!
If they don't like it over here in a PEACEFUL scandinavian country, WHY don't they go back where they were born? (This rant is NOT aimed for those refugees/immigrants that really just want to live peacefully, in cold countries!)

All this talk about Denmark being more racist than other countries, that is imho a lot of hogwash! I am sure there isn't one place on this globe that is 'free of racism'. Least of all in the middle-east!

Wow, just found out that Clinton too, distances himselfs from the cartoons! He calls them shameful.
Related link:
BT (danish]

Danish Red Cross evacuates two from Gaza, and one person from Yemen.
Related link:
BT (danish)

And as a result of several cyberattacks against danish webservers, a chain-mail has circulated around, telling people to hack sites as Al-Jazeera, Arab News og Gulf News.

Related link:
BT (danish)

Unbelievable, I am not able to edit my post fast enough, before there are more news!
Now they are burning norwegian flags too. What is up with these people? *Shaking head*
Related link:
VG (norwegian)

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Now they're hacking and using DOS attacks against the website of the newspaper who originally published the drawings.

Denmark subject of cyber-attacks

In spite of all of the pressure Jyllands-Posten has still not given in as far as I'm aware.

EDIT: The pople of Denmark are running counter attacks on Arab media sites such as Al jazeera.

Danish counter-attacks

[edit on 30-1-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I guess it'll get even more intense now.
Here are some pages from the book about Mohammed that stated the whole issue with the cartoons:

exilen.org

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
AceofBase, isn't that intended to be a childrensbook too?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
AceofBase, isn't that intended to be a childrensbook too?

I think so and the fact that it's illustrated makes it seem that way.
Run a check on the name of the author, Kaare Bluitgen, and see what you can find in the Danish media.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Fight the Islamic scourge and support Denmark by buying and eating tasty Danish pork products:

external image

Yummy!

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
For those of you wishing to see the cartoons in question here's a link or two.
From a Danish site
From a site in Norway

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
That´s interesting. Here´s the conspiracy for you. Muslims don´t want to see the pictures, so they don´t know what they really look like. Somebody with influence could tell them just about anything. Imams were showing fake pictures on BBC World! Pictures of Muhammed which were not made or published by Jyllands-Posten, but they claimed these were the drawings in question! I wonder who made those pictures. Seems like somebody wants to provoke a stronger reaction against Denmark. They claimed there was a picture of Muhammed with a pig nose and with pig ears. None of these 12 pictures are even close to anything like that. Here is an article about the fake pictures which were shown on BBC (in danish unfortunately) : Imam viste falske billeder

More lies, and add to that: 1. The lies about Jyllands-Posten being owned and run by the Danish government. 2. The lies about the Danish government rewriting a new sensored version of the Koran. 3. The lies about the Danish government soon about to release a heavy anti-islam propaganda movie. They should say they´re sorry for burning Norwegian and Danish flags! Didn´t they know that these lies were going to be exposed sooner or later? Maybe they were hoping for "a total war" so that there would be no one left to complain afterwards? Wake up, someone is lying to you! Someone who has an evil agenda and wants to make war. And now there are fanatics who are urging attacks (yup, suicide bombings) against Danish and Norwegian targets anywhere in the world (I´m not kidding)! Soon these liars could get blood on their hands. Once that happens all Hell will break loose and there will be no turning back...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Denmark is not a muslim country. It has never been, and never will be. Denmark has the RIGHT to publish ***whatsoever*** it wants and not be bound by some Kook's beliefs (no matter the creed-though I dearly hope things such as "Vampire hunter Jesus" aren't filmed anymore, I have no right to dictate somebody else's beliefs). Christians are oppressed daily in the Arab world- this is HYPOCRISY.

To any Islamofascist reading this board:

Europe will NEVER convert to Islam. Forget it, it will NEVER happen, no matter how much you intimidate, no matter how many people have to be deported for torching property in France, forget it. I dearly hope the Danes don't take the pc way out and apologise. That would send the wrong message.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HellmuttImams were showing fake pictures on BBC World! Pictures of Muhammed which were not made or published by Jyllands-Posten, but they claimed these were the drawings in question! I wonder who made those pictures. Seems like somebody wants to provoke a stronger reaction against Denmark. They claimed there was a picture of Muhammed with a pig nose and with pig ears. None of these 12 pictures are even close to anything like that.

I've seen those fake pictures.
There on this site here:
ekstrabladet.dk

This is the pig nose one:
ekstrabladet.dk...

The real ones are in images:
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...

These are a different set of photos:
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk...
ekstrabladet.dk... (not sure what this is supposed to be)
ekstrabladet.dk... (pig nose and ears)
ekstrabladet.dk... (
)
ekstrabladet.dk... (paedofile)
ekstrabladet.dk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join