It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
100,000 people demonstrating against Denmark in Niger. We can´t let WWIII (religion) start because of misinformation and lies!! Everybody is confused. It´s about time to see what is fact in this case and what is not. This is like a wild fire out of control. And there are many fueling the flames, from both sides. The danish imams lied. There should be more focus on that fact. Even ats members have not yet seen the 12 real pictures and gets overwhelmed by the propaganda. Wake up and put out the fire started by Al Qaeda!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
We can´t let WWIII (religion) start because of misinformation and lies!! Everybody is confused. It´s about time to see what is fact in this case and what is not. This is like a wild fire out of control.

They don't care about the truth -- they just wanted an excuse to do this and they got it. They won't be bothered by pesky details.

Anyway, I think the World War started on 9/11. This is simply an escalation of it.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Even ats members have not yet seen the 12 real pictures and gets overwhelmed by the propaganda.

Not true Hellmut. Links to the original 12 can be found in this thread.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

look in sacrifice's first or second post.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I know that shots. The links to the pictures can be found in this thread as well. Thanks anyway. When not heard repeat is necessary. What I meant was that not all ats members have seen the real pictures even though they´ve actually had the chance to do so.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
[DISCLAIMER]

Let me state for the record that I am not against Denmark the country or it's people per se, in fact I've got a tin of butter cookies next to me (and I've got two more tins in the pantry....yummm!)

[/DISCLAIMER]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i found these new pic's on a duch site , if the nice pic's created sutch a noise , i wonder what these would do if printed in news lol

www.retecool.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
~ 300 Palestinians attacked an TIPH *) mission office building and TIPH sleeping quarters in Hebron /WestBank, throwing stones, smashing windows and trying to set a building on fire to protest Danish cartoons seen as insulting Islam. 60 unarmed mission members were in the building at the time. (more )

*)TIPH = Temporary International Presence in Hebron, serves as a buffer between Israeli settlers and Palestinians there. Most of those [always unarmed] observers are from Scandinavian countries. TIPH was established in 1994, after Baruch Goldstein killed 29 Palestinians there

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Wall Street Journal reports some interesting details how the whole thing was orchestered:

Bonfire of the Pieties

The "rage machine" was set in motion when the Muslim Brotherhood - a political, not a religious, organization - called on sympathizers to take the field.

A fatwa was issued by Yussuf al-Qaradawi, a Brotherhood sheikh with his own program on al-Jazeera.

Not to be left behind, the Brotherhood's rivals, Hizb al-Tahrir al-Islami (Islamic Liberation Party) and the Movement of the Exiles (Ghuraba), joined the fray.

Believing that there might be something in it for themselves, the Syrian Baathist leaders abandoned their party's 60-year-old secular pretensions and organized attacks on the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Damascus and Beirut.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Wall Street Journal reports some interesting details how the whole thing was orchestered:

Bonfire of the Pieties

The "rage machine" was set in motion when the Muslim Brotherhood - a political, not a religious, organization - called on sympathizers to take the field.

Good find Riwka, however I would not call it reported since it is an OP/ED that was published, albeit a very good one that appears to be right on target. The part I like was further down where it states

The Muslim Brotherhood's position, put by one of its younger militants, Tariq Ramadan--who is, strangely enough, also an adviser to the British home secretary--can be summed up as follows: It is against Islamic principles to represent by imagery not only Muhammad but all the prophets of Islam; and the Muslim world is not used to laughing at religion. Both claims, however, are false.

There is no Quranic injunction against images, whether of Muhammad or anyone else. When it spread into the Levant, Islam came into contact with a version of Christianity that was militantly iconoclastic. As a result some Muslim theologians, at a time when Islam still had an organic theology, issued "fatwas" against any depiction of the Godhead. That position was further buttressed by the fact that Islam acknowledges the Jewish Ten Commandments--which include a ban on depicting God--as part of its heritage. The issue has never been decided one way or another, and the claim that a ban on images is "an absolute principle of Islam" is purely political. Islam has only one absolute principle: the Oneness of God. Trying to invent other absolutes is, from the point of view of Islamic theology, nothing but sherk, i.e., the bestowal on the Many of the attributes of the One.

The claim that the ban on depicting Muhammad and other prophets is an absolute principle of Islam is also refuted by history. Many portraits of Muhammad have been drawn by Muslim artists, often commissioned by Muslim rulers.

Bonfire of the Pieties

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If what the author says is true, then the OP/ED clearly shows that this was an orchestrated attack by Al queda/fanatic sects and not one of main stream Muslims as they wanted it to appear.

I tried to find more info on the author unfortunately, I got 28 hits on the name and very little on the authors credentials.

[edit on 2/8/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
A danish DJ has become boycotted in Morocco!
DJ Rune RK, has even got a fanclub down there.
He is known for the song 'Calabria'

He has played sucessfully in the country before too, but now, a nightclub has cancelled an arrangement, 'of political reasons'.

Related link:
Politiken (danish)

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
More Mohammed drawings:

www.drawmohammed.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
More Mohammed drawings:

www.drawmohammed.com...

Thanks for the post, Swearbear, but I don't think it is so very interesting with more mohammed-drawings. They are just boring. Better to find news about the current situation going on. -That is my opinion.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
There is no accident or error involved. Like I asked earlier ,"where did all the Danish flags come from overnight?". The NWO let this resurface post the Davos meetings.Check this out!

www.infowars.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Oh please. After seeing dozens of nasty cartoons coming from Muslim countries about Bush and America in general, this is a joke.

As my dear friends always say "It's art, they have a right to express themselves".

Very good, it certainly is. And it applies here too.

isnt there a big diffrence between taking the piss out of leaders and so on
then someones faith in general?

there has been plenty of stupid images of leaders from both sides
google it

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
More Mohammed drawings:

www.drawmohammed.com...

and here we have a case of someone that really needs a hobby

edit:

just curious wouldnt
Tshirthell be up for liable damage since im sure they dont have the concent to make tshirts like this
with images of actual people

?

[edit on 8-2-2006 by bodrul]

[edit on 8-2-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
isnt there a big diffrence between taking the piss out of leaders and so on
then someones faith in general?

Well, I suppose we're going to find out when Iran starts poking fun at genocide to see how the west will react. Somehow, I suspect there won't be riots in the streets, the burning of embassies, etc.

Time will tell for sure, though.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
hey guys, look

What You don't seem able to understand is the fact that people in MOST islamic wold are boycotting Danish products NOT because of what this news paper said or this author do , its because of the responses of the Danish government about the issue, here is the official responses of the Danish government:

1- the queen of Denmark called it a "freedom of speech" and told the author she encourage him to do more sketches like this about Islam to make the Muslims more aware of the "freedom of speech" right.

2-The Danish prime minister told Muslims they have NO RIGHT to protest , not even the right to protest! AND THEY PREACH ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

3-There supreme court chief encouraged Muslims to accept the cartoons and told them THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO PRESS CHARGES , again with RIGHTS .

it seems that the rights of freedom of choice is only reserved for Danish people in this matter and no one else , so when we talk about the boycott they are not targeting the companies , they are targeting the government of Denmark who in force taxes on those companies exports profits which reaches 100 million $ DAILY in the middle east area alone .

the news paper has nothing to do with the boycott , in fact I see the cartoon he did is nothing compared to other images in the internet on blogger sites every day of degrading Islam and the Koran you don't see them boycotting these countries products, that's because the countries of these bloggers didn't say "well done" to those people , it simply kept there mouth shut or said "we are sorry, this reflects only this person's opinion not ours" IF the Danish government did that ,then everybody would have backed off.

do you remember "Salman Rushdi' in the 80's? no one made a big deal about Britain's choice to distribute the book , in fact it was distributed in all Europe and America , there was a "Fatwa" to kill the author not the rest of Europe because the governments "Again" Knew how to deal with the situation in a "smart way" which is a lot less then what I can say about the Danish government response.

Oh, and by the way the news paper did apologize and they are still boycotting them because the government "STILL DIDN'T" how arrogant!

I hope you understood now that the boycott has nothing to do with this newspaper or the artist who did them , its about the Danish government POINT BLANK

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cutecate

1- the queen of Denmark called it a "freedom of speech" and told the author she encourage him to do more sketches like this about Islam to make the Muslims more aware of the "freedom of speech" right.

2-The Danish prime minister told Muslims they have NO RIGHT to protest , not even the right to protest! AND THEY PREACH ABOUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

3-There supreme court chief encouraged Muslims to accept the cartoons and told them THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO PRESS CHARGES , again with RIGHTS .

it seems that the rights of freedom of choice is only reserved for Danish people in this matter and no one else , so when we talk about the boycott they are not targeting the companies , they are targeting the government of Denmark who in force taxes on those companies exports profits which reaches 100 million $ DAILY in the middle east area alone .

Do you have any links to English language newspapers that back up your asscertions? I would like to see them before I comment further.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is not true. These are lies. This is MADE UP, do you get it?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   

This is not true. These are lies. This is MADE UP, do you get it?

That is what I was thinking too Helmutt.

That is the very reason I asked what I did.

I strongly suggest the poster read rule one before answering

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2/8/2006 by shots]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join