It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Great find

The imam was interviewed on FOX News here:

Click here to watch (QuickTime/DivX)

and was unable to produce any of the letters he claimed to have received.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts this imam guy grabbed the image off the web himself to insure a more violent response to further his stated goal to change Western laws to conform to Islam.

Things are all falling into place now...

[edit on 2/6/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Nice find makeitso.

I wish it could be shown to all of the protestors so they could see how they were manipulated.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
An American cartoonist made this a few years ago and the Council on American-Islamic Relations republished on its site and STILL HAS IT! Maybe the Muslims should storm CAIR and burn it down!

Cartoon:

The Pic

By: Doug Marlette

[Change from img tag to url tag was mine]

I believe it's not so much hypocrisy but a difference in culture. As you said, CAIR has protested it. But why didn't the "evil muslims" call for death? (except the usual overzealous lot who's hobbies include death-threats, inciting violence.. you get it)

It's because unlike in other parts of the world, the muslims that make up CAIR are somewhat more enlightened. More educated. And they've pretty much assimiliated into the American way of life (where such parodies and satires abound)

Had this particular cartoon reached the middle east however, I suspect the outcome might be similiar to what's happening now. Fundamental imams will seize it as another example of "The Great Satan attacking our beliefs"

Can you see the difference? It's not so much the religion, its religion + culture.

Let me make another clarification. Why is it that the muslims in Malaysia appear calm over these currently controversial cartoons? Why didn't we take to the streets? Is it religion? We're muslims too. Then it must be religion + culture. Here, the culture follows this malay saying - berbudi bahasa budaya kita - meaning "courtesy is our culture"

Can you make the connection now? It's not just the religion, you have to take into account local culture as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Who here has seen the cartoons? They are actually pretty funny, offensive to Islam perhaps, but nonetheless funny. I especially like the way they made Muhammed look like a fat Muqtada Al Sadr in the bomb pic

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You have voted makeitso for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thank you for posting this great find.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

a pig squealing contestant at the French Pig-Squealing Championships in Trie-sur-Baise’s annual festival.

Great find, makeitso

Imams accused of doublespeak

imam Abu Bashir appeared on BBC World showing a caricature of Mohammed with a pig's snout and ears to representatives of the Arabic League. Bashir falsely claimed that the caricature was one of the 12 Jyllands-Posten drawings.

Neither Laban nor Bashir were available for comment.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There is an ongoing attack on the ISAF camp in Afghanistan!

There are 5 wounded norwegian soldiers. There is also two finnish soldiers hurt. Thankfully, imo, they have managed to shoot three of the demonstrators! (Not one, nor two, as stated before I edited).
There was estimated to be aprox. 200-300 demonstrators.
From afghani sources, 22 persons have been wounded during the demonstrations.
The response from the military forces has been tear-gas, rubber bullets and warning-shots. The demonstrators have been using the arms by 'islamic etiquette', i.e. old rusty AK-47s and handgrenades. -And of course any available rock.

Photo: VG

These actions are happening now, after Taliban declared Jihad earlier today (yesterday?).

Fine! let us pull out our guys and girls, those stone-eaters living there don't need our help. No food, no medicine, no tents, no heat. All fine by me!

Related link:
VG (norwegian)

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I hope no one takes this as going off topic since it is a related issue concerning Cartoons and their use.

Iranian newspapers now plan to have a international contest for cartoons related to the holocaust in response to the publishing of Mohammad cartoons published in Denmark.

Leading newspaper presents contest in response to cartoons disparaging Muhammad

Iran's most popular daily newspaper, Hamshahri, is set to initiate a Holocaust cartoon contest in what it says is a response to cartoons disparaging Islam's prophet Muhammad published in a Danish newspaper.

"This will be an international cartoon competition on the topic of the Holocaust," said Farid Mortazawi, the paper's graphic editor.

Source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What a bunch of hypocrites. They complain when Denmark does it, yet now it would appear that in the eyes of the Iranian government it will be OK if they do it to Israel.

Now if this does take place; I wonder what the rest of the muslim world will do in reponse to Irans planned actions?

[edit on 2/7/2006 by shots]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shotsWhat a bunch of hypocrites. They complain when Denmark does it, yet now it would appear that in the eyes of the Iranian government it will be OK if they do it to Israel.

Now if this does take place; I wonder what the rest of the muslim world will do in reponse to Irans planned actions?

Personally, I don't believe they are going to say anything. It is my firm belief that most of the muslims protesting around the globe has absolutely no idea on what they are actually demonstrating against and has never seen the drawings. They probably think that it is waaaaay worse than it actually is.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WindWalker
Just a short update

The danish embassy was attacked by up to 1000 people in Theran today.. they only manage to throw few molotovs over the wall before they were stopped by Irainian police.. at the same time Iran announced that it will cut off all trade relations with denmark

Another update. They have totally trashed the lower floor of the building today.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Even Nigeria is getting in on the protest and boycotts.
Members of the Nigerian government set fire to Danish and Norwegian flags and cancelled contracts with Denmark.

BBC
The BBC's Ado Saleh in Kano says some 200 people, including the 40 state parliamentarians, attended the flag burning.

They shouted "Allah Akbar" (God is great) as Kano's parliament speaker Balarabe Saidu Gani set the flags alight, he says.

On Monday, the MPs passed a resolution ordering the Kano state government to call off negotiations with Denmark over a hydroelectric plant worth some $25m and to cancel the purchase of 72 buses from the country.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Think about it, who would better create an insulting picture of the prophet, than one that knows their religion best?

Why else, would the turban of the prophet have a text in arabic?
I am sure, not too many danish cartoonist are fluent in arabic!

Why else would the cartoonist be so certain that this one would hit 'em where it hurts the most?

Is this the reason, why the cartoonist doesn't show his face in the news? I imagine the possibility of a punishment from his closest would indeed be great! Especially, If he goes to a mosque, and listens to the rabid imams agitation!!

Who are You, KW?

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
Think about it, who would better create an insulting picture of the prophet, than one that knows their religion best?

Why else, would the turban of the prophet have a text in arabic?
I am sure, not too many danish cartoonist are fluent in arabic!

The cartoonist who did the bomb turban is Kurt Westergaard.
I think the Arabic writing is a standard symbol of Islam.
I don't remember what it's called.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

The cartoonist who did the bomb turban is Kurt Westergaard.
I think the Arabic writing is a standard symbol of Islam.
I don't remember what it's called.

Doh. Okay, thanks, I stand corrected!

I thought for a momentary lapse of reason, that I was onto an even murkier story.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I found out what it's called.
It's the Kalimah.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes, it's standard. It's the most important two phrases in Islam.

It's la illa ha illallah, muhammadur rasulallah meaning there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Here's another op/ed piece from the same paper I mentioned about yesterday. Written by a Chinese guy (don't know if he's Buddhist or an atheist... it doesn't matter actually)

Original Source

[...]

Let’s be frank here – there has never been absolute press freedom anywhere. Greater press freedom, perhaps, in the United States and Europe, but never absolute freedom.

Even in countries where the press has been able to operate without legal and political constraints, media companies operate like any business concern with commercial interests; and in times of war, even patriotic interests.

There are libel laws that restrain the press from printing many things, and in many places there are now laws to protect the privacy of the people – these have hindered the work of the media.

But the point here is the media also need to have common sense. Newspapers, in whatever language, are no longer being read by one community as we become more multi-cultural, multi-religious and multi-racial.

The racial demography of many European countries has changed tremendously, with an increasing Muslim population.

To run such caricatures, which are blasphemous in nature, without considering the feelings of Muslims, who are probably the readers of these newspapers, is just plain stupid. Arrogant, one may also add.

[...]

In plural societies, like in Malaysia, we have long accepted the fact that compromise is about sacrificing many rights and freedoms to enable everyone to live together in harmony. No one community can have its own way all the time.

[...]

The question now for these European newspapers would be whether it has been worth it: Danish embassies have been attacked, Danish goods boycotted, which would only hurt their fellow countrymen. And, worse, they have played into the hands of fanatical Muslims.

Moderate Muslims have found themselves pushed into a corner because of the stupidity of these editors, while the hardliners have gained a more popular position, leading demonstrations and setting buildings on fire.

Have these editors spared a thought for the Western travellers in predominantly Muslim countries now? They may just become targets of foolish fanatics simply because they are Danes or just whites.

[...]

Moderate Islamic leaders in some West Asian countries have a tough time explaining to the West that not all Muslim countries ban the Bible, chop off hands of criminals or force their women to be veiled. A trip to Dubai, Beirut and Amman always surprises many.

The action of the European newspapers has further worsened the perceived dichotomy between the West and Islam. They have not helped press freedom but have abused it.

They are no different from some political newspapers, whether in Asia or West Asia, with their continuous anti-Semitic stance, negative remarks against Christianity or equating anything Jewish with Zionism.

Thanks to their foolishness, the European media have given the hardliners a licence to propagate hates and threats against the West.

Never mess around with religion. To incite and create conflicts in the name of press freedom is hard to fathom. Self-censorship is not always a dirty word in the press if it helps to maintain peace.

Wise words, indeed.

[edit on 7-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
*We now break from our regularly scheduled cartoon drama for a cartoon news break*

Have you noticed that one underreported aspect of the "cartoon wars" is the war waged in the cyberworld? No, not discussion board flaming. Cartoo Netwars cyber-attacks defacing or shutting down Danish websites.

To catch up on recent developments in the Cartoon Netwar, you may want to read the Techweb & PCPRO reports discussing cyber security companies F-Secure & Zone-H who have documented nearly 600 websites being attacked with anti-Dane and pro-Muslim messages in the past week. The net assault is reported to be the largest ever against a single country.

Zone-H provides an updated list of the most active Islamic attackers and a list of Danish attacked web-servers.

F-Secure provides screenshots of the attacked sites

*Now back to your regularly scheduled cartoon show*

Everything would have gone perfectly if it wasn't for those meddling kids. Scoobie Doobie Doo, where are you?.......

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Have you noticed that one underreported aspect of the "cartoon wars" is the war waged in the cyberworld? No, not discussion board flaming. Cartoo Netwars cyber-attacks defacing or shutting down Danish websites.

WOW that is some list. I noticed they had hacked various sites that had cartoons on them, but did not realize it was as bad as it is.

It is clear by the banners that some are now taking advantage of the situation by threatening terrorists attacks. Not a good situation at all

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
US, Western Civilisations, RUSSIANS, CHINEESE are all TERRORISTS. Wanna know why read further:

US killed 200000 innocent Iraqis based on world's biggest lies. World's biggest state sponsorred TERRORISM.

EUROPEANS followed US like cheaply sold-out bitch in the iraq war.

Hundreds of thousands are dying in Africa for TERRORIST BUSINESS DEALS - paying nothing for their commodoties.

Russian kidnapped whole generation of CHECHIN young men (they just disappered)

CHINEESE oppressing and terrorising Tibetians

Inidans (india) oppressing/Terrorizing minorities and weak neighbours

But BIGGEST of all WESTERN CIVILISATIONS IS the TERRORIST CIVILISATION - They killed most of the human beings on this planet earth.

SO WHOLE LOT # IN YOUR MOUTHS - YOU EARNED IT BASTERDS!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Found a few other T-Shirts.

Front: There's A Picture Of The Prophet Muhammad On The Back Of My Shirt
Back: Just Kidding. Praise Allah! (Please Don't Kill Me)

Prophet Mohammed playing Soccer.

Bomb turban.

[edit on 7/2/2006 by SwearBear]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join