It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Firebombs are being thrown at the austrian embassy in Iran!!!

In Teheran, about 200 demonstrators has been throwing rocks and firebombs against the austrian embassy!

Is it about time to drop a highly radioactive nuke, and show them the light to their padise?

Related link:
VG (norwegian)

-Btw, when they burnt the danish and norwegian embassy (earlier posting), the rabid animals of distorted faith, managed to burn down the chilenian embassy at the same time! So now, they have basically managed to draw Chile(!) into their ignorant mess.

-Demonstrations continues in Indonesia.

-EUs offices in Gaza has been attacked today.

-Queen Margrethe of Denmark, has been wrongly quoted in a british newspaper, more than a year ago, and this is now being used to agitate further riots.

- Danish forces in Iraq has been attacked, while giving first-aid to 15 children hit by truck!

- The danish ambassador in Bangladesh has been called in to recieve complaints, regarding the drawings of that dead geezer.
- Pakistani doctors to boycott danish medicine. -So be it...
- Riots spread to Thailand.
- Omar Bakri Mohammed want to execute the cartoonists!

Related links:
VG (norwegian)
VG (norwegian)
VG (norwegian)
BT (danish)
BT (danish)
BT (danish)
Politiken (danish)
Aftenposten (norwegian)
...and the links list goes on and on and on.. If interested, it is advisable to learn scandinavian, and follow the related liks from the sources pages...

Can't these ignorants see their own absurdity, in what they are doing, already?

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Jerusalem Post are going to publish the cartoons today!

No, this information is wrong. Jerusalem Post will not publish those cartoons.
(And I think none of the Israeli press will)

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
A commendable move by the Jewish Press. What good would further fanning the fires serve?

I found this rather fair and balanced op/ed written in one of the local (Malaysian) papers. It wouldn't hurt anyone to read it.

The Star

The stance taken by European newspapers, that they not only have the right but that they must make the point that they can publish cartoons even if many Muslims find them offensive, is one such insensitivity that is now leading to protests around the world and a significant worsening of Western-Muslim relations.

Press freedom is not absolute even though editors especially those in the West may profess or think that it is.

There are double standards in this regard practised in the West too.

As pointed out in a letter in an English paper, the United States and British papers comply with requests not to publish photographs of American and British soldiers killed in Iraq or even highlight the return home of the bodies.

The governments don’t want such photos to further affect public opinion against the war and occupation.

Western newspapers are very careful not to publish articles that can be construed as being anti-Jew.

If they do, it is almost certain they will come under attack for being anti-Semite and probably have to apologise.

There are guidelines, whether formal or informal, so that journalists and editors avoid insulting women or homosexuals.

But when it comes to cartoons of the most revered figure in Islam, the editors of some of the most established newspapers in Europe see fit to state that they have the right to publish them in the name of freedom and so what if some Muslims feel insulted.

Someone once gave me an interesting and useful working definition of freedom of speech.

“The freedom of your arm to swing around ends at the point where it touches my nose.”

Individual liberty and the freedom of speech and press are fine principles but they are not absolute, for one person’s freedom may affect that of another person.

The freedom of someone to say or do something insulting may affect the freedom of someone else to be free from being insulted or provoked.

Sensitivity towards others, tolerance for their beliefs and avoidance of speech, words or cartoons that can hurt or insult others tempers the freedom that an individual or a newspaper has.

If this is not put into practice and even into law, then the social contract that exists, formally or informally, breaks down.

This is something understood in multi-ethnic, multi-religious Malaysia.

We are far from being perfect in this regard and certainly are not free from controversies from time to time.

But there is something the Western nations can learn from our country on this complex and emotive issue.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Good find, Beachcoma!

And I agree, that any of these cartoons would be unecessary to make a philosophical debate, afterall, not even danish right-wing extremists thought it would get this big, -by cartoons.

I think we all can agree to that, in retrospect.
I just wonder, when are the offended realising they hurt themselves more by reacting in this violent way, to 'defend the Prophet Mohammeds honour'.

And here is the editorial from Jerusalem Post.
It is over two pages, so I prefer to print the link, instead:
Editorial in Jerusalem Post

[edit on 6-2-2006 by Ulvetann]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
From the editorial:

Arab political "humor" knows no bounds. A cartoon in Qatar's Al-Watan depicted Prime Minister Ariel Sharon drinking from a goblet of Palestinian children's blood. Another, in the Egyptian Al-Ahram al-Arabi showed him jackbooted, bloody-handed and crushing peace.

Arab cartoonists routinely demonize Jews as global conspirators, corrupters of society and blood-suckers. Just this Saturday, Britain's Muslim Weekly published a caricature of a hooked-nose Jew - Ehud Olmert.

I really think this says it all.

I would like to know too, where in the Koran does it say that you arent allowed to depict Muhammed?

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The protests are about the U.N. security council vote on Iran, not Cartoons.

Membership of the Security Council in 2006

Argentina | China | Congo | Denmark | France | Ghana | Greece | Japan | Peru | Qatar | Russian Federation | Slovakia | United Kingdom| United States | United Republic of Tanzania

Each Council member has 1 vote.
Decisions on procedural matters are made by an affirmative vote of at least 9 of the 15 members.

[edit on 2/6/06 by makeitso]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

The Star

The stance taken by European newspapers, that they not only have the right but that they must make the point that they can publish cartoons even if many Muslims find them offensive, is one such insensitivity that is now leading to protests around the world and a significant worsening of Western-Muslim relations.

The Western cartoonists have every right to draw what ever they want. It is the Islamic leaders who are being "insensitive" and not respecting the lives and rights of free peoples of other nations!

Which is more "insensitive" drawing a cartoons of Muhammad or calling for the death of human lives?!

Press freedom is not absolute even though editors especially those in the West may profess or think that it is.

I guess you can not show nude people having sex but thats about it.

There are double standards in this regard practised in the West too.

As pointed out in a letter in an English paper, the United States and British papers comply with requests not to publish photographs of American and British soldiers killed in Iraq or even highlight the return home of the bodies.

This is true BUT that is our choice. They our OUR troops. We are doing what we feel is best. It has nothing to do with Islam. Alos, may Arab newspapers have printed those pictures and report, and yet, we have not called for their deaths...

The governments don’t want such photos to further affect public opinion against the war and occupation.

So? Arab newspaper can and do say whatever they want about the war, and we in the West do not try to tell their newspapers what to say.

Also, in America people write and publish anti-American, Anti-War and Anti-Bush things all the time. Yet, they still walk the streets freely. See the difference.

Western newspapers are very careful not to publish articles that can be construed as being anti-Jew.

But they can if they want to. Also, in American we allow the writings and speeches made by the KKK even thou we all hate them, we still protect their free speech. See?

But when it comes to cartoons of the most revered figure in Islam, the editors of some of the most established newspapers in Europe see fit to state that they have the right to publish them in the name of freedom and so what if some Muslims feel insulted.

Yes, that is true. It's called "Freedom".

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
All I'm saying is a little sensitivity goes a long way. Did you even read the entire article? It's not mine, you know. It was written by -- get this -- a Christian Chinese.

But you know, you believe whatever you want. I've tried to put forth my thoughts and views, but it seems it's not just the muslims who are intolerant of other's view

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   

All I'm saying is a little sensitivity goes a long way. Did you even read the entire article? It's not mine, you know. It was written by -- get this -- a Christian Chinese.

But you know, you believe whatever you want. I've tried to put forth my thoughts and views, but it seems it's not just the muslims who are intolerant of other's view

I am VERY tolerant of all peoples views thats the point! I believe that muslims have the right to be upset (but not use death, or destruction). I also am tolerant of the rights of Western nations to have free speech in their press, and am tolerant of the rights of artists to make what ever kind of art they like!

See?

-- Boat

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Alright, Boatphone I believe you. I apologize if I seem a little hostile earlier. I've been saying the same things over and over and over.... it gets frustrating when it falls on deaf ears.

Anyway, what I was driving at was that I believe the reprinting of those cartoons are a totally unnecessary way to show support for freedom of speech/expression. It makes it appear like the western media (which mind you, unlike other media travels the globe) is being totally insensitive. It seems like a move to elicit a negative reaction from even the moderates.

If I didn't know better, I'd see it as yet another form of propaganda to demonize muslims (which I believe without a doubt, a lot of lesser informed muslims see it as)

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Anyway, what I was driving at was that I believe the reprinting of those cartoons are a totally unnecessary way to show support for freedom of speech/expression. It makes it appear like the western media (which mind you, unlike other media travels the globe) is being totally insensitive. It seems like a move to elicit a negative reaction from even the moderates.

Well, its the other newspapers way of showing that they support Jyllands-Posten in the freedom of speech. It literally means that they dont think that they have done anything majorly wrong, and that they arent alone on the matter which is quite important.

Dont forget that this wasnt sparked until the imams spread the false depictions!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Perhaps you missed my previous point, there must be a better a better way to show their support.

And yes, I agree with you, if it's true, that what the imam did spreading fake pictures is totally unforgivable. In fact it's downright nasty.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Just a quick question....Where did all those Danish flags come from overnight.? I forgot about that international franchise "Scandinavian Flags Are Us"sarc. Look a little harder and you'll see the powder keg was in place and just needed a little spark!...I'm sure the Danish government response will be , "They hate us for our herring and chic decors"

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed my previous point, there must be a better a better way to show their support.

And I totally agree with you on that point. But we have come to a standpoint where muslims (Note, Im certainly not saying ALL muslims. Just to keep that clear) are burning down buildings, threatening other peoples citizens and attacking them, just because of these cartoons. Its redicilous, but thats where we are now.

As I see it, the first steps have been made, and now other follow in the footprints with bigger boots.

Originally posted by YIAWETA
Just a quick question....Where did all those Danish flags come from overnight.? I forgot about that international franchise "Scandinavian Flags Are Us"sarc. Look a little harder and you'll see the powder keg was in place and just needed a little spark!...I'm sure the Danish government response will be , "They hate us for our herring and chic decors"

We danes are very closely connected to their flag.

But I guess that its just all the people showing of their sympathy this time..
If I had a picture editor, I would have our flag on my picture on the left too.

[edit on 6/2/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well TEK, I guess we both agree senseless acts have been commited by both sides, the crazy fanatics more senseless than the insensitive papers I must stress (just so we are clear
)

There certainly was no need to crawl up someone else's ass and light a match. Live and let live is what I believe in.

Woooh, I'm beat. It's 5 am. I should go to bed now. Catch you later, and I apologize if my previous posts seemed a bit acidic to you, it was not my intention.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The usual suspects:

Protests over Mohammed cartoons intensify in Iran

Hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also lashed out at the offending newspapers, which have carried the drawings in the name of freedom of expression, as "prisoners of a bunch of blood-sucking Zionists."

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just a short update

The danish embassy was attacked by up to 1000 people in Theran today.. they only manage to throw few molotovs over the wall before they were stopped by Irainian police.. at the same time Iran announced that it will cut off all trade relations with denmark

Source: today.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deep_Blue

to act like a human you have to respect other humans. and you have to respect others believes.........

What happened in Denmark is in fact anti-Islam ..

Deep Blue,

Obviously....these Islamics have no respect for others' beliefs too.....they want to wipe out anyone who doesn't share their fanatic (and I might add archaic way of life), beliefs.

We must remember, that these people have no concept of "freedom", or "free-speech", basically they are barbaric.....(isn't that obvious?) Their solution is to kill anyone who does not support their war against non-muslims (and believe me....to them this is a holy war)

Might I suggest that ALL nations that have had terrorist attacks against their country (by these islamic fanatics), are not very accepting of Islam.

Faeryland

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
An American cartoonist made this a few years ago and the Council on American-Islamic Relations republished on its site and STILL HAS IT! Maybe the Muslims should storm CAIR and burn it down!

Cartoon:

By: Doug Marlette

CAIR's site:

A national Islamic civil rights and advocacy group today expressed outrage at a Doug Marlette syndicated editorial cartoon, headlined "What Would Mohammed Drive?" showing the Prophet Muhammad driving a nuclear bomb-laden truck similar to that used by Timothy McVeigh in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) called for an apology from Marlette's syndicator, Tribune Media Services, and from his employer, the Tallahassee Democrat.

The cartoon is apparently a play on a recent light-hearted public debate over what kind of car Jesus would drive. Its publication comes following worldwide outrage over a similar accusation of terrorism against Muhammad by American evangelist Jerry Falwell.

CAIR

Of course this cartoonist also got the obligatory death threats.

[edit on 2/6/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Remember Helmutt, Ace Of Base, and Riwka discovering that there were 3 fake pictures that imams added to the other pictures? Remember the imams claiming that they were sent these in threatening letters?

Do you remember that the worst one was the prophet with a pigs face singing into a microphone?

Guess what. It has just been identified.

This picture

Has been positively identified as: Jacques Barrot,
a pig squealing contestant at the French Pig-Squealing Championships in Trie-sur-Baise’s annual festival.

I wonder what the other 2 pictures are really of?

[edit on 2/6/06 by makeitso]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join