It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark On Muhammeds Naughty List

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ok, I´m not going to make any jokes now. I don´t dare to. Telling certain jokes might put me on the agenda at an Islamic summit in Mecca and I don´t want that. So I´ll say it right here and right now that I´m very sorry for the title I chose for this thread. I hope I didn´t offend anyone with it. sooo soooorry...

Denmark will be on the agenda at an Islamic summit in Mecca next month because of some cartoon caricatures of Muhammed published in a Danish newspaper in September. And the Danish Prime Minister said he would not intervene. Blasphemy - blasphemy...

Daily Times: Holy Prophet’s cartoons on OIC’s agenda

November 07, 2005

Caricatures of Muhammad (PBUH) published in a Danish paper, which have already caused uproar in Muslim communities in Denmark and abroad, will be on the agenda at an Islamic summit in Mecca next month, said an Egyptian diplomat on Friday. “We have been informed by our foreign minister that this caricature affair will be on the agenda at a special summit of the Islamic Conference,” said Mohab Nasr Mostafa Mahdy, the embassy’s deputy ambassador.

“This is a collective initiative taken by the Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) and Egypt played a leading role,” he said. Images of the prophet are considered blasphemous under Islam. On Wednesday, Egypt’s ambassador in Beirut, Hussein Darrar, said he and Lebanese Foreign Minister Fawzi Salloukh had discussed which measures to take against Denmark following the Jyllands-Posten paper’s publication of 12 Muhammad cartoons in September.

we have decided not to continue talks with Denmark on the issue of human rights and discrimination and other measures concerning Denmark’s” agenda within international bodies

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen said that he would not intervene in the affair but said the diplomats were free to undertake legal proceedings. “The freedom of expression is the very foundation of the Danish democracy and the Danish government has no means of influencing the press,” he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Freedom of expression, blasphemy and human rights. What do they want? Do they want Denmark to cut the head of the cartoonist and/or the publisher?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
What do they want? Do they want Denmark to cut the head of the cartoonist and/or the publisher?

I'm sure they think that's the least you could do!

Don't they have better things to talk/worry about than some political cartoon?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Denmark will be on the agenda at an Islamic summit in Mecca next month because of some cartoon caricatures of Muhammed published in a Danish newspaper in September. And the Danish Prime Minister said he would not intervene. Blasphemy - blasphemy...

It's terrible, that politicians, and even worse, religious politicians, actually has to stand up and tell 'No, we don't like this!' over simple cartoons.
I am scared that these persons act so narrowminded. It seems as if they do it, only to defend their own lack of reason!?
C'mon, it is a C A R T O O N!
If anyone is getting offended by a cartoon, him/her/them/it has seriously, mentally, weak minds, not intended to evolve past this generation!

It is horrifying to notice how humans ensnare themselves with out-of-perspective enactments, and get in trouble for it! -Either way!

I you go up in the air by airplane, and look down, you see nothing, but some areas which are habitated. But you can't see anyone or anything. It is all SO quiet. When you land, go into the airport, you meet 'reality'. Sour voices spew garbage, noise, that is really totally unimportant. What do we make out of this garbage? We go to wars, we cry over stupid feelings, we disregard logics, we deceit ourselves by not being able to see what is illusions and what is reality. Not the 'reality' our past, present or future 'leaders' are telling us. Just go up in a aircraft and look out the window. WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGot. Get it?

Stop this BS about greed, pink marshmallows, gasguzzling trucks and Gods to trust in. Realize the world ain't gonna work itself, and nobody is going to help you. EVER!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh please. After seeing dozens of nasty cartoons coming from Muslim countries about Bush and America in general, this is a joke.

As my dear friends always say "It's art, they have a right to express themselves".

Very good, it certainly is. And it applies here too.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Oh please. After seeing dozens of nasty cartoons coming from Muslim countries about Bush and America in general, this is a joke.

As my dear friends always say "It's art, they have a right to express themselves".

Very good, it certainly is. And it applies here too.

Yeah, but their reasoning for this depicting being heresy, is that depicting leads to believing in images of other than Allah (Since nobody has seen him, for what he is, they can't make any pictures either...)
-I truly don't know where to start commenting onTHAT statement...

This summer 'they' went bananas over some slippers that had a logo that was unintentionally looking like it was written 'Allah' in arabic. That was not good either, since the feet are the dirtiest part of a man, it is not suited to insult Allah by having his name under your feet!

What's next?

Edited typo:
Fixing a typo from on your feet to under your feet, that was the issue...

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Ulvetann]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is now a reward for the heads of the cartoonists

B.T.: Dusoer for at draebe profet-tegnere (in Danish...)

Some fanatics in Pakistan called Jamaat-e-Islami say they will pay the reward for their heads and they also want all Danish officials out of Turkey.

Javier Solana condemn the death threats against the Danish cartoonists.
B.T.: Solana fordoemmer doedstrusler mod tegnere (in Danish...)

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The muslims need to get over themselves.
Denmark is not a muslim country so they should be able to publish whatever the hell they want without worrying if it offends the muslims.

They don't seem to be worried about offending Christians when they're burning down Churches in Pakistan or even in France. They don't seem to be worried about offending Christians when they're cutting their heads off in the Philippines or in Thailand.

To hell with muslims.

Anyway, here are two of the cartoons.
I think there's twelve in total.
If anyone else has the rest I'd appreciate it if you posted them or posted a link to them.

Pic one:
img528.imageshack.us...

Pic two:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Danes urged not to go to Pakistan

I found one in english this time.

New death threats against Mohammed cartoonists

A bounty of DKK 50,000 had been put on the head the cartoonist responsible for the drawings, daily newspaper Berlingske Tidende reported on Friday. The Pakistani group offering the reward mistakenly believes that the 12 cartoons were created by just one person.

'But the situation is of course serious,' he said. 'They might want to get to the Danish illustrators, but if they can't reach them, they could make to with a scapegoat.' That scapegoat could be anybody, the embassy warned, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has issued a new travel advisory for Pakistan warning Danes not to visit the country, given that the Jyllands-Posten cartoons were 'seen by many Muslims as derogatory and blasphemous'

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This just exposes these muslims for the hypocrites they truly are. They all condemn christians for worshipping christ, yet what are they doing to mohammed? If thats not creature worship then what the hell is it?

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
God, they are as bad as the right wing Christian fundies in the states.

Shows they are really no better. They complain that the west involves itself too much in the middle east, but they have no problems moralizing over everything we do.

Punks.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i just want to say that it's a specific thing in islam to not depict the prophet or god...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i just want to say that it's a specific thing in islam to not depict the prophet or god...

That may be true but Denmark is not an Islamic country.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
it might not be, but that doesn't give anyone in denmark the right to straight up offend muslims

[edit on 7-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
it might not be, but that doesn't give anyone in denmark the right to straight up offend muslims

Actually, they do have that right.
Western societies have freedom of speech and we can use that freedom to caricature political and religious figures whenever we wish to.

Those who are that deeply offended may prefer to wish to live in a country where it is not allowed and they are free to do that whenever they wish to.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
what do you think christians would say if the new york times published an entire paper of printed ways to "take the lord's name in vain" and straight up offensive blasphemy against their religion?

just pages of creative expletives incorporating jesus and god.

now, to muslims, what they did in denmark is 13 times worse. the entire point of not depicting the prophet in islam was to keep people from viewing him as a god, which (in their opinion) had happened to jesus.

[edit on 7-12-2005 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
also, the point of the south park "spirit of christmas" thing was to do nothing more than satyrize the commercialization of christmas

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Imho, God or Allah, just doesn't care that he is being drawn a cartoon of! It's just that stupid, to get offended by a cartoon drawing.

Infact, it is just as lame, as having to defend the whole issue!

I agree, that people have weak minds and are often and easily misled, that gives no reason, though, to kill someone over a D R A W I N G!!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How is this really any worse than Pat Robertson calling for the assassination of Hugo Chavez? How is it worse than Bush starting a war in Iraq because 'god' told him to?

These are all the fruit of faith.

aceOfBase
To hell with muslims.

...and to think I got dinged for saying that those who believe Jesus is coming to murder me and my family are delusional.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is just incredible. The Organization of Islamic conferences (IOC) have decided to boycott the big project "Images of the Middle East". The project is supposed to : "increase intercultural understanding, dialogue and cultural exchange". HELLO?!?

IOC - Press release

Jeddah, 1 January 2006

In the framework of the ramifications of the Danish Newspaper JILLANDS-POSTEN’s publication of offensive drawings depicting the Prophet Mohamed (Peace Be Upon Him) and the indifference with which the Danish authorities addressed this issue, the Organization of the Islamic Conference has decided to boycott the project “Images of the Middle East” which will be organized by the Danish Center for Culture and Development, partially financed by the Danish Government.

The OIC General Secretariat had addressed a memorandum to the aforementioned Center to the effect that the publication of those pictures has offended hundreds of millions of Muslims around the world. More, the Danish authorities’ handling of this issue has fueled the sentiments of discontent and anger in the Muslim world. The memorandum added that the deliberate publication of the said pictures was meant to disturb and infuriate Muslims, and could not be considered as an innocent behavior falling within the scope of freedom of expression in which everyone believes.

The memorandum informed the Danish Center for Culture and Development that the OIC has requested all its Member States and cultural institutions to boycott the activities of the aforementioned Danish cultural project as an expression of its protest against this improper conduct.

Related links:
Politiken: Muslimske lande boykotter kulturfestival (in Danish...)
Images of the Middle East (in English...)
Jyllands-Posten: Arabic League criticises government (From 30.12.05 - in English...)

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Religious leaders call for boycott of Denmark and Norway. Goods from these two countries and arrangements as well are to be boycotted by all muslims. Why Norway? Because a Christian Norwegian newspaper reprinted the cartoons recently. Norway doesn´t want to chop off the heads of the Christians either and there is "freedom of speech" in Norway as well...

Jyllands-Posten: Prophet drawings anger Saudi consumers

Arla Foods is concerned that a boycott of the company's products in Saudi Arabia could cost billions if it takes widespread effect. Saudi Arabian religious and political leaders encouraged consumers to boycott Danish-based Arla Foods' products during last Friday's weekly prayer service. Since then, the call to has been repeated on national TV stations and newspapers accompanied by pictures of Arla products. Arla, one of the world's largest producers of dairy products, has earnings worth DKK 3b in the Middle East

Religious leaders called for the boycott as a way to respond to drawings of the prophet Mohammed printed in daily newspaper Jyllands-Posten last September. The newspaper printed 12 drawings of the prophet Mohammed last year as a way to challenge what it considered the intimidating tactics of fundamental islamists. One Saudi Arabian chain of supermarkets has already removed Arla products from its shelves and called for an official apology. Arla company feared the boycott could spread.

Denmark's ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Hans Klingenberg, confirmed that the threat of a widespread boycott had increased in recent days and that Danish companies were concerned. 'There's a risk that in Denmark, we have underestimated the offence that the drawings have caused - not just among Muslims in Denmark but in the whole Muslim world. We should take the threat very seriously,' said Klingenberg.

So... because somebody in Denmark (a private person or private company such as Jyllands-Posten) offend some muslims, then they launch a reaction like this against all of Denmark and now Norway as well?! What are we suppose to do? Submit, say "we´re so sorry" and sacrifice our right to "freedom of speech"? :shk:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join