It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathing Through The Speakers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Have just encountered a fascinating but odd phemon.
Know when you get a phone call and there is just a breather on the other end?
Well, for the last 2 weeks, I do not have music on and only TV in the background, there is every so often a breather comes on through my speakers when I am on this site.
Can anyone tell me how this can be and for what reason?
It is eerie and un-called for, at least as far as i am concerned..

This is not a joke,,

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Are you sure you don't have any instant message programs turned on in the background?

I discovered early on when I was playing with them that one of them was automatically defaulting to accept a voice conversation. I was doing multiple things and the phone rang at the same time someone invited me to a voice chat. The window was in the background and I had no clue that they were hearing the whole thing, except I also had the ATS chat window open and though the little brat hadn't said anything I could hear I suddenly realized my conversation on the phone was being reported in the chat window. Darn kids - lol.

Anyway, that's the only thing I can think of that might cause this (that you are connected to a voice chat and hearing the person eavesdropping on you), but then again, I have a feeling you will report this is not the case, and then I haven't got a clue.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Are you sure you don't have any instant message programs turned on in the background?

I discovered early on when I was playing with them that one of them was automatically defaulting to accept a voice conversation. I was doing multiple things and the phone rang at the same time someone invited me to a voice chat. The window was in the background and I had no clue that they were hearing the whole thing, except I also had the ATS chat window open and though the little brat hadn't said anything I could hear I suddenly realized my conversation on the phone was being reported in the chat window. Darn kids - lol.

Anyway, that's the only thing I can think of that might cause this (that you are connected to a voice chat and hearing the person eavesdropping on you), but then again, I have a feeling you will report this is not the case, and then I haven't got a clue.

Thank you for that.I am on Aol-h^^l, and I thought it maye be coming from there, but I do not do ANY chats on aol and I am sure that I am logged out from the great chat they have here.
It is just disturbing that it all comes down to is are we 'safe' anywhere?

PS; I no longer do any im'ing..

[edit on 12-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
WAIT! I just noticed some of the ads actually have a sound byte in them. My mic is often turned down, but I have it on and I just noticed a photo ad has a clicking sound in it like taking a shot.

Maybe there is an ad that has a breath in it?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

WAIT! I just noticed some of the ads actually have a sound byte in them. My mic is often turned down, but I have it on and I just noticed a photo ad has a clicking sound in it like taking a shot.

Maybe there is an ad that has a breath in it?

I am in a quandry when the screen starts to breathe through my speakers.
Have we let AI get beyond any control?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
the banner for smileys that pops up on the main page has sound to it...could be what you are hearing.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
All I'm saying is to notice what else is on the page when you hear it, to see if it's and ad or something that could be making it.

By the way, are we talking about a breath or continuous breathing? I have been popping around the boards to try to stumble on it, but so far nothing.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
the banner for smileys that pops up on the main page has sound to it...could be what you are hearing.

Nope, but that does get in my nerves, those are ugly..

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
also, a cell phone will sometimes cause the speakers to make some strange noises. if that not it, i give up. all the answers i got today

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

All I'm saying is to notice what else is on the page when you hear it, to see if it's and ad or something that could be making it.

By the way, are we talking about a breath or continuous breathing? I have been popping around the boards to try to stumble on it, but so far nothing.

Have not noticed anything unusual.
It is just breathing in and out, you know the way telephone wankers used to do?

[edit on 12-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
also, a cell phone will sometimes cause the speakers to make some strange noises. if that not it, i give up. all the answers i got today

Sorry, nope I do not use cell phones..thanks for trying..

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
At 5:04 PM EST it just happened again, nothing unusual..
Well, it is my problem, just wanted to make others aware.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I revived this thread because it is back and louder than ever.
Please tell me I am not the only poster who has breathing into their speakers...

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Please tell me I am not the only poster who has breathing into their speakers...

Well, I'm afraid you are, the only one hearing breathing through your speakers.

It's hard to tell what this is. My wild guess would be a bad boy breaking into your computer through the internet and messing with you. If you own a webcam make sure it's facing the wall while not in use, or if you like being watched, I'm sorry, then show him your boobies in that case.

Unplug your network cable and see if the breathing persists. In that case it could be a virus. Reboot in safe mode. I think viruses cannot run in safe mode, correct? I'm not sure about that, try rebooting in dos mode, then wait for any breathing.

If you still hear the breathing, maybe some pervet really got out of their way to bug your speakers and breath through a remote microphone across the street.

Maybe you are picking up light years extraterrestrial signals with your speaker magnet. SETI would be proud!

Or no offense but it might as well be a case of PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard).

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Hi sirius,

just a thought, have you checked your volume control to see if your mic has been un-muted? I had this happen to me and was getting terrible feedback whistling, took me ages to figure it out.

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well, I hear police and CB radio, and HAM radio on my computer speakers. So I guess it's ok if you hear annoying breathing.

I bet it might be a baby monitor intercom in a neighbor's house. Some of those bleed across many frequencies. Try re-routing, or changing lengths, on your wiring, particularly the power supply for the speakers.

What I can't explain, is a baby that never cries, which I'm sure you would hear and recognize.

If it were me, I'd be wiggling and unplugging wires, to find where and what was going on. If it continues, try disconnecting the network connection, to your cable modem or phone modem. If it stops, then it's coming from somewhere else across the internet. Or it's interference, on that connection.

BTW, fan motors in computers can make an annoying breathing sound sometimes. It revs up and down, at about the same rate of a person breathing.

And last but not least, get the neighborhood teenage computer geek to take a look at it, if all else fails.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yeah, I've had similar things happen with my speakers, but it was due to radio feeds bleeding through. I had no music on or any type of audio, and I heard this really quiet voice, talking in German. It's a hell of a way to go to get to me in England, and why did my speakers pick up this particular station? There are thousands of stations in England, why this German one? But oh well, unless I stumbled across secret military code, I don't really care.

A little experiment you can do, (though it may look strange), is when you hear anything coming through your speakers, put it right up to your ear, and see if you can hear anything in the background like muffled talking.

Danny

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Well, I'm afraid you are, the only one hearing breathing through your speakers.

Please do not say that..I have checked my wiring, volume, all I know to do.
I have had phone tap troubles for 2 decades, perhaps they have found a way to infiltrate my speaker system since I never us my phone anymore..

Do not think I am a kook, as I bought a voice-activated phone recorder and have on tape MANY different voices talking in some type of code when I was gone. When I am on the phone, I say 'how you guys doing today'?
I guess the best thing for me to do is to unplug the speakers, as I am not into wankers..LOL

Thank you all for the response...This is a great site..

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Maybe your speakers are just bad. Try to find a cheap set of speakers somewhere, plug them in and see if you still get it. If you can do that, I think it's be a good test

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maybe someone cracked into your computer, like mentioned before. Sounds like you have the sound identified as breathing. If it really is breathing then I'm tending to lead toward hacking, or some kind of infiltration into your speaker system, because you keep hearing it, which makes me tend to think that someone is doing this on purpose, and wants you to hear it.

How long has it been since you reinstalled your operating system? If your performance is suffering anyway, and your computer is slow, you might want to consider reinstalling everything fresh. It can't hurt, especially if it needs it anyway. The important thing to remember is to install all the security patches for the operating system before you reconnect to the internet. And also install good and updated antivirus software before you connect to the internet. This may mean getting the updates using another computer connected to the internet and storing them on a CD ROM or flash disk to then install on your computer. The reason why you want it updated first, is because you can get into trouble as soon as you go back online if you aren't protected. This is especially true of high speed connections. My brother was infected allmost right after I had re-installed his system. It was terrible.

And don't forget to backup your files and data before you begin reinstalling your system. Take everything off you want to keep, put it on CDR disks, DVD, flash drives, or an extenal hard drive. Any program installation files you got from the internet, that are not on disk, and you want to keep, make sure to take those off too, especially if you paid for it. Free programs can allways be downloaded again eaily if they aren't very big.

And just for extra safety, should you decide to re-install your operating system, disconnect your internet connection before you start the re-installation.

I'm not saying I know what is going on, but I can give you a possible fix if you have indeed been hacked.

Let me know if I can help.

Troy

new topics

top topics

join