It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do I belong?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I think devil worshiping is wrong because it is. Worshiping Satan is a bad thing. I dont care how it is described or justified......it is wrong. Doing evil things and worshiping the prince of all evil things is a bad thing.

Who say's satan is the prince of all evil? He was just someone else's god demonified by ancient hebrews. The word 'satan' means 'adversary', meaning he is the adversary of the Hebrew god. From someone else's perspective, the Hebrew god is the evil one.

About your question of Satan,
I believe in Satan because he is real. I believe in hell because hell is real. I believe in God because God is real. That is my faith. TO ME, asking me why I believe in satan is as silly as asking me why I believe in God.

Well then, you should pick a church that also teaches these things if you are looking for them to be reinforced. Lutheran is probably a good choice then. Episcopal might work for you as well. It's as close as you can get to Catholicism while remaining protestant. (if you really enjoy the ritual aspects, look into Eastern/Russian orthodox.)

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
dbates, I agree totaly with your post. My cousin goes to Church of Christ. We both have problems with the "no music" part. As far as pope's go, I cant say as I agree totaly with how people see the pope position including how some popes in the past have seen the position and taken advantage of it. Pope John Paul was a wonderful man. He sure hung in there till the end. Bless his soul he did a lot of wonderful things for mankind and was a true enemy of evil. I think the pope should be a good leader and role model. I think some want to be pope because they are power hungary and want to rule the world in some aspect. IMHO Pope john paul saw the position as a way to truely help others. I am not too sure about this new pope. I have not liked the things he has said so far, but I guess he has not had much time to prove himself and he does have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Thank you everyone for all your help. If any one has any more input please let me know. I have enjoyd learning about all the different religions. One thing I would like to know about that I have not been able to find answers to is what is the difference between Islam and Muslim?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

One thing I would like to know about that I have not been able to find answers to is what is the difference between Islam and Muslim?

Islam is a religion, and a Muslim is someone who practices the islamic religion.

I believe.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, dont I feel silly. I thought they were two different religions.

So what makes Islam different than Christianity?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

So what makes Islam different than Christianity?

I'm don't know a lot about Islam, but the following article might help:

Islam and Christianity - Similarities and Differences

It is essential that any discussion of Islam as a monolithic religion must begin with its very fundamental concept of unity of God (Tawhid). In this context, it is also important to note that the creed of Islam is very simple. To become a Muslim, one has only to declare in sincerity, and preferably in the presence of a person already professing Islam, "I testify that there is none worthy of worship (god) but God, and that Muhammad is the Prophet of God". The first part of the Muslim creed is a dialectically rigorous rejection of polytheism in favour of monotheism. It underlies the pivotal Muslim doctrine of divine unity (Tawhid), and has historical antecedents in both Judaism and Christianity.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Very weird. I wouldn't consider myself Christian at all. Although raised Christian, I tend to try and distance myself from it. Oddly enough, the Lutheranism I was brought up in does fall under my 100% one. I guess it is because I accept a dozen different conflicting spiritual concepts, and there wasn't an option to select multiple choices.

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (86%)
3. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (83%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (82%)
5. Bahá'í Faith (82%)
6. New Thought (68%)
7. Reform Judaism (64%)
8. New Age (63%)
9. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (60%)
10. Neo-Pagan (60%)
11. Secular Humanism (57%)
12. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (55%)
13. Nontheist (53%)
14. Taoism (53%)
15. Scientology (52%)
16. Sikhism (50%)
17. Mahayana Buddhism (48%)
18. Jehovah's Witness (45%)
19. Orthodox Quaker (44%)
20. Orthodox Judaism (42%)
21. Jainism (40%)
22. Hinduism (39%)
23. Theravada Buddhism (38%)
24. Islam (37%)