It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slowly Killing Ourselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I agree that stress is also a major factor in shortening lives. It can cause ulcers, blood pressure rises, and the negative chemicals that get released in your body when you are stressed can create room for almost any type of disease.

Unfortunately, there isn't really such a thing as a stress-free world any more. In order to stop being stressed, I would essentially have to stop caring. And if I stopped caring, I would probably get fired from my job for mouthing off to the customers and finally telling them what I really feel
. Perhaps there is a way to stop being stressed while still caring, but it seems to be a balance that I am unable to master. Plus you can't live in the present all of the time, or you will have no plans for the future and things will just end up even worse.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
I will tell you what is slowly killing ourselves...worry, stress, etc.
Stop the stress, live in present, and live

Peace

dalen

Won't it be sad if after we are done with this test of our physical selves, that our spirit is 'condemned' to live eternity in the environment we provided for ourselves, and all you can do is feel?
That 'live and let die' attitude might work for some people, 'specially those that think the world revolves around them,
but it won't get the frankenfood out of my sister's babie's mouth's, and the monster that we are afraid to deal with now never quits growing in the future.

I guess that this means in general, we are still scared to bite the hand that feeds us...
poison.

Stress is not knowing if the person walking towards you is going to detonate when they get close or if the 'superpower' of the world is going to drop bombs on your village tonight,
but some people have to live with that every second of every day.
That's the present.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Childhood Vaccinations??

This is a good post that has to do with the Vaccinations of most of the free worlds kids.

It is known that Vaccinations carry 46% more mercury in it than the EPA Allows a typical male to have in their system, times 50 something shots these kids get by them they are 5.

Also the ADD/ADHD and ODD drug debate, how alot of places are just selling this # to kids so they start acting more like zombies and such instead of the parents taking action say like 20 yrs or so ago.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Considering how we poison ourselves, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of people on the planet, and we're living longer all the time. In my opinion, people aren't killing themselves off nearly fast enough.

I guess it all depends on your perspective.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
Considering how we poison ourselves, there doesn't seem to be any shortage of people on the planet, and we're living longer all the time. In my opinion, people aren't killing themselves off nearly fast enough.

I guess it all depends on your perspective.

Maybe you should add this to your perspective

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod edit:

Fixing link

[edit on 17-2-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just because the haters are for controlled population decreases, doesn't mean it's a bad idea. Given the choice between imposing reproductive controls on people or letting "nature take its course" and have people die off from malnutrition or lack of water, I'd take the first choice.

As for the haters, I don't have any problem with having a lot fewer of them around, either.

But, as I've said elsewhere, humanity in its current form won't exist in another 1,000 years, so it's all a lot of wasted energy and hand-wringing to worry about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Humanity in it's current form won't last another 100 years,
this Earth won't last 1000.

For some reason people don't understand that our existence, and the amount of poison that we are dumping into our source of life is going to eliminate all forms of 'natural' life in the future. It could be argued that we have already done this.

Of course, what we are doing, IS going to result in a MUTANT species.

A damnation.

I have a dream,
One day, somewhere, somehow... someone will come along and start castrating everything HE can get his hands on....
and the last generations of men-the warmongers will be punished by cleaning up their father's mess.

And all of our problems will be solved.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Of course, what we are doing, IS going to result in a MUTANT species.

A new kind of species, yes. Intelligent machines. Somewhere out there, maybe lying in a crib, is someone who will write a fancy little bit of code or develop a little piece of hardware that will make a machine become self-aware, just like us. And that will be the nail in humanity's coffin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join