It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"My Posts" Button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm curious by what others might think about this idea.

The board has reached such a size that ease of navigation becomes more and more critical. Currently, members have the option of subscribing to individual threads, clicking on the "New Posts" button and clicking on the "My New" button.

Would anyone find it useful to have a "My Posts" button? The idea would involve a function similar to the "New Posts" and "My New" buttons, but rather than a listing of the most recent post in threads, it would instead be a listing of your last post in the thread. Clicking on any item in that list would then bring you to that point (post id#) in any thread you have posted in.

I often find that in very popular threads, or when I've been away for awhile, I have to page back several times hunting for where I might have left off in my participation/reading of any particular thread. It's not a big deal, but the added convenience would be nice.

Would the added overhead of such a function be unreasonable? Just curious.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by loam]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In your profile, you have a button to "find all your posts". Also the robust search feature here on ATS is a charmer...

Springer...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Sorry, Springer, maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, and therefore did not explain clearly.

I'm talking about an option that brings you to the post id# of your last post in a thread.

The options you mention bring you the first post in a thread, and the other options, the last post in a thread.

Does that make sense?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In the search tool, if you click on the date in the last column on the results page, it goes to the exact post. It would be nice if that members posts page did the same thing.

new topics

top topics

join