It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien abduction debunked?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This arctile says sleep paralysis and hulutioation now this is the normal way for naysayers to demean and undermine alien abtucies stories but this says sciencetists have proved that alien abduction is just a kind of REM sleep

French’s study compared 19 people who said they had had alien encounters with 19 who hadn’t, looking at their scores on measures of paranormal beliefs, tendency to hallucinate, tendency to become engrossed in experiences, propensity for entering into altered states of consciousness, tendency to fantasise, and experience of sleep paralysis On all counts, the 19 who had had such experiences scored significantly higher. “What was interesting was that the ‘experiencers’ scored more highly for paranormal beliefs and other paranormal experiences,” French says. “It’s not just that these people have one-off experiences. They have a range of them.”.....

news.ft.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Believe me, sleep paralysis is nothing like the alien abduction phenomenon.

It can't explain whole groups of people who have experenced this phenmenon while driving, walking though the woods etc.

Sleep paralysis doesn't leave marks either.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Exactly Spreadthetruth. It also doesn't explain the devices which were implanted and have been removed by doctors. I don't see how one can do a fair study of alien abductions by only examining 19 alleged abductees, out of the thousands known to us. Sleep paralysis also fails to explain the similarities among many abductees involving the general description of the aliens, their "space ships", and their methods of abduction.

They say sometimes that the simplest explenation is usually the correct one. In this case I don't understand why some scientists do more to find excuses for these "abductions" than they do to try and prove the existence of aliens and these abductions. I think the idea that most of these people are telling the truth and that they really were abducted is the most plausible explenation.

It's a shame that so many scientists, researchers, investigators, scholars, etc. are too afraid to risk their professional reputations by seriously investigating these people's claims. It is partially because of these bogus excuses manufactured by debunkers in labcoats that more victims of alien abduction are afraid to come forward and share their experiences. Too many people are not open enough and already have their minds made up about aliens not existing. It's really sad because I believe that a majority of them would change their opinions if they had an open mind, and sat down and looked at all of the evidence that we have seen.

There is something serious going on here. I believe it is aliens and I believe they are abducting humans, possibly with the permission and support of our government(s). To a much lesser degree, I believe that it could be the government themselves that are behind this. But it is my firm belief that the last thing this phenomenon is, is sleep paralysis.

join