It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS the World's Largest Forum Website?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Good morning,

Is the ATS family (assume this means ATN, BTS, PTS, and Ignorance Denied) the world's largest web forum website as defined by whatever criteria defines website size? It would seem so, probably in terms of
membership?
server size, maybe?
Packets sent received per hour?
thread count?
topic count?
whatever

Is the ATS family the world's largest website, forum or otherwise?

Thanks, ATS Staff, for all your hard work.
Adonsa

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
''Don't be ridiculous'' - arnold Schwarzenegger

Its not, click on the big boards button at the bottom of the page to see all the stats and how ATS compares with other boards on the net, but its up there for sure, and I certainly haven't come across another board with as much quality.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
We're big, but not the biggest.

According to Big-Boards.com we're:

#440 out of over 1,400 discussion boards with more than 1/2 million posts (the ranking is by total posts).

#15 in overall traffic (our stats show far more unique users that Big-Boards' 21,000+ total because they're only counting discussion board traffic and can't tell the difference between different AOL users on the same proxy server... our actual unique users averages between 38,000 and 50,000 per day).

#38 in overall page views

#273 in Alexa rank

#462 in members

So we're among the very-top most popular online boards from a traffic standpoint, but since we have strict post standards (no 1-liners, no ads, etc) our posts tend to have much more content but we have fewer.

However, we're the largest board focusing on "alternative topics" by a very wide margin.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
*looks around suspiciously

*whisper... we are actually the biggest but you see THEY cannot publicly admit that, so the spooks in the black suits actually "fiddle the figures" so to speak, to spread misinformation and make the site look less popular than it is.

It's a big conspiracy just to keep ATS out of the top spot.....

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
*looks around suspiciously

*whisper... we are actually the biggest but you see THEY cannot publicly admit that, so the spooks in the black suits actually "fiddle the figures" so to speak, to spread misinformation and make the site look less popular than it is.

It's a big conspiracy just to keep ATS out of the top spot.....

Shhhhhhhh!

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
some how I think Vault Network has waaaay more forum users.... well VN/IGN merge

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
440 overall posts, but look at some of the other scales

page views daily - 38th
Unique Visitors Daily - 15th
Average Online Users - 24th
Max Online Users - 27th

---Pineapple

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They key here is what Skeptic touched on. This board does not have the one word one line replies that generate higher post numbers than other boards. Ive seen threads in places that are 100 replies long, but may at most contain 300 words with at least 20% of these containg a smily and "I agree"

Here quality reigns over sheer volume

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Here quality reigns over sheer volume

YEAH!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Are you fing serious that an anime RPG site beat this one out?????? Who the f makes these statistics? Im mad
I think this is the best site on the whole net. And Ive been surfing since 1998 . Well we'll just see about this.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by denial28
Are you *really* serious that an anime RPG site beat this one out?????? Who the *blank* makes these statistics?

As said above, if you have 10000 posts of one line replies, your gonna spike your traffic numbers alot. But who sitas around for that type of discource?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Quality over quantity any day

Who wants to sift through page after page of "yeah I agree", "No", "wrong!", "
"...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The biggest online forum is still Gaiaonline.com... go figure

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What is the worlds highest forum? I mean I though this would be like at least 5th place.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It should also be noted that many other sites don't have the restrictions on large quotes that ATS does. I've visited many a board and seen huge articles and thought, "cool", only to find upon reading further that they are copy-pastes of news articles and articles from blogs mined off the Net at large.

ATS is #1 in terms of quality, community, contribution, and management...bar none.

top topics

join