It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Ahmadinejad is not liked in Iran anymore.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
NR, I really enjoy our discussions, and I really look forward to visiting your beautiful country one day! I really hope that you will be able to set up a tour of an Iranian aircraft manufacturing facility, as I worked for Sikorsky and love the A/C industry.

Having said that, please, don't get made when I say this: HAHAHAHA!!!!
So, you are having political problems, too? HAHAHAHA!!!
Look at my politicians, and look at how many times they say unbelievably STUPID things! Does your guy compare to all my guys? No? Then, quit whining!! Tlak to me when your politicians develop as bad a case of Foot in Mouth disease as mine have!

You know, I think maybe one day we should have an ATS get together in Iran! It is a very modern nation while, at the same time, has beautiful traditional architecture still to be found. I hear the coffee is excellent, too.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Oh thats ok then, i was under the impression you didnt like the USA, so id be right in assuming you like the USA alot, maybe even more than you like say...... Iran?

Im glad we cleared that.

what is the reason for me to hate the U.S.?, I infact happen to like both very much and if you were iranian and knew its history/culture than you could live with it easily but to me they both are pretty much the same. Although that would be different for you because you never been to Iran nor are persian.

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry if i was offensive by asking if you hated USA but after reading quite alot of your posts i was given that impression, but i can take you word for it.

easy guess that i wasnt persian, and no i havnt been to Iran either, i doubt i ever will, westerners are sort of a target for frustration etc in such places, wouldnt you agree? Ive visited atleast 30 different countries so im not some armchair traveller.

Its a really funny thing that when you think about it, people from anywhere in the world can visit western nations and be very safe, even safer than in there own country's sometimes, yet westerners are becoming increasingly restricted in where they can visit as they are easy targets.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

You know, I think maybe one day we should have an ATS get together in Iran! It is a very modern nation while, at the same time, has beautiful traditional architecture still to be found. I hear the coffee is excellent, too.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

When shall I pack ?

I too would love to visit Iran, I have been to Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Egypt in my lifetime so far but would love to see more of the Middle East. Have also been all over the USA and adore it there

Sep

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Its a really funny thing that when you think about it, people from anywhere in the world can visit western nations and be very safe, even safer than in there own country's sometimes, yet westerners are becoming increasingly restricted in where they can visit as they are easy targets.

It’s really funny that my family visited the US last year, and because of introduction of new laws they were treated as criminals in the airport. They were taken to a back room by police, had their finger prints taken, and then were asked to visit a police station wherever they went to identify themselves. Every time they tried to travel from one state to another they had to introduce themselves to the police. The restrictions on travellers exist everywhere in the world, even in the “Western” world.

Hopefully these hostilities one day will be reduced and people can visit each other anywhere in order to have dialogues and learn about each other so that the current misperceptions would disappear.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

It’s really funny that my family visited the US last year, and because of introduction of new laws they were treated as criminals in the airport. They were taken to a back room by police, had their finger prints taken, and then were asked to visit a police station wherever they went to identify themselves. Every time they tried to travel from one state to another they had to introduce themselves to the police. The restrictions on travellers exist everywhere in the world, even in the “Western” world.

Hopefully these hostilities one day will be reduced and people can visit each other anywhere in order to have dialogues and learn about each other so that the current misperceptions would disappear.

Its really funny that you felt you where treated like a criminal when in actual fact you have only been subjected to screening that Terrorists have forced our societys into adopting.
And you missed my point, i wasnt talking about "restrictictions" i was pointing out that basically if your a westerner and especially a white westerner you are a target of hostility etc in many countrys and simply cant go there.

NR

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Its really funny that you felt you where treated like a criminal when in actual fact you have only been subjected to screening that Terrorists have forced our societys into adopting.
And you missed my point, i wasnt talking about "restrictictions" i was pointing out that basically if your a westerner and especially a white westerner you are a target of hostility etc in many countrys and simply cant go there.

Thats not ture at all, i brought alot of my freinds to Iran which are brazilian/canadian/american and some from UK but never ever were they mistreated or had any problems on flight and in Iran itself. Dont forget we are the top 10 most attractive country for tourists.As for Thomas that whole polotican crap is normal everybody has those and yes most of them aren't what we expected and think younger kids themselves can do better. I hope you guys atleats try and visit Iran or we can go ourselves and its not just the coffee their that is good all the food and sugar made products are amazing.

A tourism official said here Wednesday that Iran in terms of natural touristic attractions and cultural sites ranks among the 10 most attractive countries.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
NR may not agree but this guy is the revolutionary councils boy. They pull the strings on this guy. I really beleive that this was a test of the waters to see what kind of reaction they get, and then back off by saying he was not speaking for the country.

Why they felt the need to do this is known only to them

I never thought of that, but it does make sense. I bet the worlds reaction really surprised them, cause in their little world....almost everyone Hates Isreal and wants to see them "wiped off the map".

They probably expected an avalanch of support and found themselves all alone. This shows how islolated they are from the real world.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

I learnt to just change into something tight prior to departing the plane
no hassles from US customs for me (except for where I am going/staying, my phone number etc ... quick and easy "extra security screening"

I know it is bad to use my feminine wiles in this way, but hey I am just playing the game (and better)

This works on cops too
kills me!

Sorry for going off topic

[edit on 12-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Thats not ture at all, i brought alot of my freinds to Iran which are brazilian/canadian/american and some from UK but never ever were they mistreated or had any problems on flight and in Iran itself. Dont forget we are the top 10 most attractive country for tourists.As for Thomas that whole polotican crap is normal everybody has those and yes most of them aren't what we expected and think younger kids themselves can do better. I hope you guys atleats try and visit Iran or we can go ourselves and its not just the coffee their that is good all the food and sugar made products are amazing.

A tourism official said here Wednesday that Iran in terms of natural touristic attractions and cultural sites ranks among the 10 most attractive countries.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you need to have words with my government as this quote is from there travel advisory page.

www.smartraveller.gov.au...

Safety and Security
Terrorism
Australian travellers should be aware of the threat of terrorism globally and should read this travel advice in conjunction with the General Advice to Australian Travellers.

Australians in Iran are advised to exercise extreme caution. There are ongoing tensions in the Middle East and the risk of terrorist attacks against Western interests in Iran remains. Violent incidents over the past two years targeting the British embassy compound underline the potential for Western interests in Iran to be targeted with violence.

Civil Unrest/Political Tension
Australians should avoid all travel to the area of Kerman Province between the cities of Kerman and Bam and the regions of Khorasan and Sistan va Baluchestan Provinces bordering Afghanistan and Pakistan. Violent clashes between security forces and drug traffickers often occur in these eastern border regions. Foreigners have been kidnapped by drug traffickers in the area, most recently in December 2003. Travel at night is particularly hazardous.

Australians should avoid travel to areas near the border between Iran and Iraq in Ilam Province and Khorramshahr in Khozestan Province, due to the ongoing confrontation between government forces and Iranian opposition groups based in Iraq.

Acts of political violence can occur, particularly in the capital, Tehran. In June 2005, bomb attacks occurred in a number of cities in Iran, including Tehran, several of which were aimed at government buildings. Further attacks may occur in the lead up to the run-off for the Presidential elections expected to take place on 24 June 2005. Bomb attacks have, to date, not been aimed at foreigners, but have resulted in civilian casualties.

Large gatherings or demonstrations have turned violent in the past.

Personal Security
Tourists have been robbed by bogus plain clothes policemen performing drug and counterfeit currency searches and demanding identification for examination.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont doubt that Iran is a beautiful country, but im not convinced its so safe, not to mention there president wants to wipe Israel off the map, so im guessing he doesn't like people from country's that support an independant Israel either.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by NumberCruncher]

Sep

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well, these "screenings" as you put it, are no different than what the westerners go through when visiting other countries. You said they are "easy targets". Its the same with us trying to visit your country. I didn’t hear of any white British women being pulled off to a back room, forced to miss their scheduled flight. Only non-white (especially middle-eastern) visitors.

Originally posted by NumberCruncherAnd you missed my point, i wasnt talking about "restrictictions" i was pointing out that basically if your a westerner and especially a white westerner you are a target of hostility etc in many countrys and simply cant go there.

No I got you point. You said that non-whites can visit the US "and be very safe, even safer than in there own country's sometimes" I am saying that discrimination happens all over the world. Some people choose to only see one side. Whilst it is true that many Eastern populations see US citizens and “Whites” as “evil”, many US citizens view middle easterners as, well I don’t want to go into details so insert your own word here and view Africans or “blacks” as “insert word here”. This leads to hostilities and hence results in the visitor feeling threatened. Hopefully these misapprehensions would one day disappear.

Sep

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Khatami was the reformer who used to be in charge. The revolutionary council essentaily ousted reform candidates from the last ballot and he fell from power.

I think you mean the Guardian Council, and also in the election a man named Mostafa Moin, who was from Khatami's party ran and lost in the first round and Rafsanjani, who leaned towards the reformers also lost although in the second round.

And also Khatami isn’t president any more because the Iranian constitution does not allow a President to run for a third term, just like the US constitution, and not because of the Guardian Council

Originally posted by FredTThere was also an attempt on his life as well.

When was this? Sorry I may have missed it.

Originally posted by FredTHe favored better relations with the US

Yes, too bad that this became impossible after the "Axis of Evil" speech. During his visit to the US, he gained the respect of President Clinton and Iran worked towards a better relationship, but as I said, after the Bush speech, his calls for reform sounded to the population as a weakness and hence resulted in conservatives winning the elections.

Sep

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Thats pretty scary really.

A 20 year plan for the west would be along the lines of replacing fossil fuels with renewable fuels, ending terrorism, promoting understanding, curing cancer, exploring space and so on and so forth, but Irans is to realise it nuclear ambitions.

The 20 year plan is much more than just about nuclear technology. It is a plan to make Iran an economically stable and powerful country. During the time of Khatami this plan was on course and was moving froward very well. Iran had a GDP growth of around 6-8% per year. I visited Iran once just before and once during the second term of Khatami and the difference was obvious for all to see.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'd just like to add that IMHO Iran and/or anybody else cannot "wipe Israel off the map"..

My 2 cents

top topics

<< 1   >>

join