It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy XII

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

1up.com has got the four eleven on the next Final Fantasy game.

No question about it, Final Fantasy XII is radically different from its predecessors. The days of random battles, isolated "drama stage"-style combat arenas and lining up politely to take swings at bad guys are gone. This is not the old-school Final Fantasy action you've come to expect -- but the trade-off is a fast-paced, combat-intensive game with a vast, contiguous world and danger on all sides.
From a practical standpoint, the easiest way to describe FFXII's gameplay is as an attempt to take Final Fantasy XI offline -- a sensation that is especially pronounced in the Active mode. The free-control 3D camera certainly contributes to this; the static and cinematic fixed viewpoints of FFVII through FFX-2 have been scrapped in favor of a fully interactive camera controlled with the right analog stick. You can zoom in low to the ground for an impractical but cool dramatic view, or pull back to a point high above to get a feel for the overall battle. In Wait mode, you can even spin and zoom the camera while you have the action frozen with an open menu.

There is also 117 screen shots.

For me as long as the game has a good story line and likable characters I will be happy with the game. I never played FFXI or FFX-2, so I have been waiting for a long time to get back into the series.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Thnis is the game I can't wait for. FFXI wasn't to bad just it took so long to go from one are to the next it was crazy. Final fantasies always have a good story line though. Thats the best part of the series.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I avoided FFXI. I already have enough problems with online addiction

Final Fantasy + online = me never seeing the sun again

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I avoided FFXI. I already have enough problems with online addiction

Final Fantasy + online = me never seeing the sun again

Don't worry FF:Online is garbage. You missed out on little.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't worry FF:Online is garbage. You missed out on little.

I agree, I played it for like 3 days and decided I hated it. I did, however like ALL of the other Final Fantasy games and I mean all of them(although X2 was quite girly).

oh and check this out

[edit on 14-11-2005 by adamneldon]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Man is it just me or do the main male characters in every FF game keep looking more and more like chicks with every game that comes out. Man I really hate that when I first saw the main guy for FFXII I honestly thought it was a chick. Darn metro sexual males taking over FF.

Im interested tha random battles are gone thats what I was use to with FF but it could be time for change.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Man is it just me or do the main male characters in every FF game keep looking more and more like chicks

They most certainly do.
I think it is just a culture difference between us and the Japanese. Feminine looking men are found to be attractive.
The character Vaan from FFXII really looks like a pre-teen girl

From the game screen shot in the first post he doesn't look too bad though. We need more characters like Cloud Strife.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Man is it just me or do the main male characters in every FF game keep looking more and more like chicks with every game that comes out. Man I really hate that when I first saw the main guy for FFXII I honestly thought it was a chick. Darn metro sexual males taking over FF.

True true. I think the last decent one was Squall in number 8, after that, pffft

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah what happened to ones like Cloud and Squall they were cool. I never played FFXI but im not a big fan of the "bunny people" either. I think they are in XII and were introduced in XI. I could be wrong on that so dont qoute me.

Thanks for posting the picture of "Vaan" Umbrax a head shot of him proves my point. Tidus was pretty bad aswell.

I think your right about the culture differences but its wierd. Its very clear the women are women in most Japanese games. Heck they have the faces and voices of teens but the bodies of lets say very mature women quite often

new topics

top topics

join