It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of Ungodly bug is this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
LOL, the replies in this thread made my day.. thanks for the laughs

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I HATE scorpions.

Aww, sweet! Man, if I seen that on my floor, I'd instantly capture it and show it off to my mom! (Who would go crazy). I thought it was awesome to see jumping spiders in my house, but scorpions! I guess I just like the look on people's faces when I show that 6/8 legged creatures. You all should have seen my mom when I brought a toad into the house (especially when it got kinda loose and hid under the couch).

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yup.
Those are just a type of centipede.
They're all over the east coast.
They show up all the time in the lab where I work.
I think that they're pretty cool looking.
Sometimes, they're very large (up to three or more inches) and I have also seen them as small as less than a half-inch.
They are very fragile but totally harmless.
I particularly like the way they undulate as they move.
Very fluid.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes, bugs have always been fascinating to me, it's amazing how complex and small they are.
It's good to have centipedes I guess, so long as they leave my spiders alone!

The spiders eat the bad bugs too, I see a lot of wolf spiders around here, I know when they are near they are eating something, so I am happy to see them, what is it with them and bathtubs
is it that they can't get out once they crawl in

I agree, it's neat to watch centipedes and millipedes walk, it's almost as if each leg sends a signal to the next one to move, like a human wave in a stadium or something.

Viva bugs!

We could not exist without them!

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I seen them sometimes in my house.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I get 'em too.
They are harmless, even though they tend to freak a lot of people out.

d1k

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is by far one of the funniest threads i've read in a while LOL. Someone please link the thread to the MASSIVE "hell beast" centipede video thread we have here on ATS. If you think these normal sized bugs are crazy wait till you get a load of this.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, megapede!
Try eating one of those suckers on a bun with some mustard.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, it's nice (???) to see I'm not the only one creeped out by these. I had one land on my desk next to my arm one day while on the computer and I freaked out. I tore apart my computer area until I found it and killed it.

I really don't like killing things, even insects, but for some reason, these really get to me.

The worst is when you find one, try to kill it and miss...then can't find it...

Uhhhhh.....

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Try looking under your pillow...
booga booga booga

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
i would just like to say thank you everyone in this thread for giving me a serious case of the heebie jeebies

i cant stop scratching and lookin around now lol,
in my house we have spiders now i dont mind them if they stay in there own corner on the ceiling but come near me they get squished by my eldest daughter

im a wimp lol.
oh im not just talkin about any old spiders here some we have found are flipping HUGE and they sit and stare at you, my husband had one chase him round the kitchen wouldve been funny if i wasnt standing on the table screamin my head off

great thread

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ronishia]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure where this would belong, but since we're talking about bugs...
Has anyone else heard about how dragonflies can bend light and displace their image?
I read that in, I think it was Atlantis Rising magazine a few years back.
Anyone who ever played D&D (showing my age here), dragonflies use the same technique as displacer beasts.
You think that they're one place, but they're really a few inches (or feet) away.
Seriously, has anyone else ever heard of that?
Freakin' wierd!

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here's the other thread...if it hasn't already been posted -

Giant Centipede Thread

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I put down Clorox Cleanup on the floor near my shower and they stay away for a long time. I thought they were silverfish too.

Pie

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
= O the problem i have with that thing is , why have so many legs i mean whats the point!
looks evil!
xXxDanixXx

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13They're harmless as far as I can tell,...

I've heard the bite feels like being stung by a wasp.

Just like any other centipede, House Centipedes have got the two fanglike mandibles and produce venom. They just need to grow big enough to getcha'.

They are handy in that they eat spiders, tho.

Sleep tight.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Oh god that's scary I think i' going to have nightmares. i hate bugs and i've never seen one like that before

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join