It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The nightmare of permanent conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am an avid reader of Dr Daniel Pipes articles, his latest peice is an excellent demonstration of the truths that a threatning to engulf us.

www.danielpipes.org...

The rioting by Muslim youth that began October 27 in France to calls of "Allahu Akbar" may be a turning point in European history.

What started in Clichy-sous-Bois, on the outskirts of Paris, by its 11th night had spread to 300 French cities and towns, as well as to Belgium and Germany. The violence, which has already been called some evocative names – intifada, jihad, guerilla war, insurrection, rebellion, and civil war – prompts several reflections.

End of an era: The time of cultural innocence and political naïveté, when the French could blunder without seeing or feeling the consequences, is drawing to a close. As in other European countries (notably Denmark and Spain), a bundle of related issues, all touching on the Muslim presence, has now moved to the top of the policy agenda in France, where it likely will remain for decades.

These issues include a decline of Christian faith and the attendant demographic collapse; a cradle-to-grave welfare system that lures immigrants even as it saps long-term economic viability; an alienation from historic customs in favor of lifestyle experimentation and vapid multiculturalism; an inability to control borders or assimilate immigrants; a pattern of criminality that finds European cities far more violent than American ones, and a surge in Islam and radical Islam.

Mod Edit: Reduced Large Copy & Paste.

[edit on 11/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Pipes. Those rusty pipes. It has nothing to do with protecting your family from having your apartment complex burn down in the middle of the night. Or having your children electrocuted for the sake of show. Oh no, it has to be those pesky terraristas instincts. What would pipes prefer, burnt out cars or burnt down society. Change is always good for a stagnant society in need of a facelift and a creative splurge.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by IComeWithASword
Change is always good for a stagnant society in need of a facelift and a creative splurge.

Change is good huh?

When radical Muslim mobs burn, loot and kill on the streets......thats not a good change.

When the Catholic churches in Europe are empty and the Mosques are full....thats not a good change.

When Muslim neighborhoods in France are declared "occupied zones" and the cops fear going into them...thats not a good change.

Reagarding that "creativesplurge" you mentioned, I don't see much creativity coming from Islamic socities.....just violence, Hatred and intolerance for other religions.

Mr Pipes wrote a good article and its 100% accurate.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Mr Pipes wrote a good article and its 100% accurate.
Maximu§

yeah right of course it is

a 1983 Washington Post book review by Thomas W. Lippman stated that Pipes displays "a disturbing hostility to contemporary Muslims ... he professes respect for Muslims but is frequently contemptuous of them". It said his book "is marred by exaggerations, inconsistencies, and evidence of hostility to the subject" while admitting that "[f]ew other writers have explained so lucidly such complex developments in Muslim history" and that his "book is a valuable contribution to our understanding" (Washington Post, 12/11/83). Left Turn magazine, a radical left-wing publication, described Pipes as a "leading anti-Muslim hate propagandist".

sound familiar maximus?

Pipes's Middle East Forum sparked controversy in September 2002 when it established a website called Campus Watch that claimed to identify five problems in the teaching of Middle Eastern studies at American universities: "analytical failures, the mixing of politics with scholarship, intolerance of alternative views, apologetics, and the abuse of power over students". Students were encouraged to submit reports regarding teachers, books and curricula. The project was accused of "McCarthyesque intimidation" of professors who criticized Israel, when it published a "blacklist" of professors. In protest, more than 100 academics demanded to be listed as well. Campus Watch subsequently removed the list from their website.

there plenty more of this guys clear hatred of muslims too

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod Edi: Quote Boxes, Civility Towards Members.

[edit on 13/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
~yawning~

Well Arnold, I seek truth and when someone puts it in black and white as well as Mr Pipes did...the truth is hard to deny.

Maybe he does have a hatred of Islam, but IMO...Islam has earned that hatred. Countless bombings, murders, beheadings, suicide-bombers, lies, riots, denial and intolerance has poisoned my view of Islam as well.

France is experiancing a taste of what Isreal has been going thru for decades and decades. To survive the next 10 years, France may well turn to Isreal's playbook to see how they handled Muslims in their midst.

In fact, I could see a wall going up around these Islamic communities in France....the same type Isreal built around the Palestineans. You see if you act like a mad-dog....society will lock you up like a mad-dog.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
thanks for the link arnold_vosloo.

His dad wrote such good books on the Russian Revolution. Wonder what his thoughts are on Islam.

Maximus, I think the churches in Europe have been emptying out for quite some time now---seems to me that Muslims possibly take their religion more seriously than Europeans do (especially the French).

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Whenever I'm bored I only need to come onto this site to read the frankly hilarious rantings of the far right. How anyone takes these guys seriously is beyond me as you can guarantee the same tired arguments. Rarely does the right actually engage anyone in an actual debate, preferring to resort to personal attacks.

The left is just as guilty (myself included) by engaging these people in their feeble arguments. The same type of tired arguments also comes from this side of the fence too.If you people would spend half the energy you use typing the same things over and over agian in every post and go to the library and read some books both right and left I might take your opinions seriously.

I sometimes feel that there is some sort of game between these people to see who can post the most outrageous lies so that they can simply provoke an response. That's such a typical tactic of the right, intelligence goes out the windows and in comes rubbish such as these guy.

There are thankfully a few intelligent people from the left and right here who can put together a coherant argument of their beliefs which makes such a refreshing change but sadly nowadays these are few and far between.

Certain people simply post things like this is 100% accurate without checking the facts for themselves just because the poster has the same beliefs as them. Do all of us a favou, open your mind and listen to what people from both sides are saying and if you can't contribute anything worthwhile dont bother wasting yours, mine and everybody elses time reading it.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Icome;

May I ask where your found your signature. Does it have any links I can refer to? Thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticon
Maximus, I think the churches in Europe have been emptying out for quite some time now---seems to me that Muslims possibly take their religion more seriously than Europeans do (especially the French).

Yep thats true and there may come a day when the elite, sophisticated Europeans regret turning their backs on Christianity.

Maximu§

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The situation in France is not only about Muslims but about Christians as well. The common attribute of all these people is that they are darker than the 'natives'. It is a problem of racism and unemployment, not a problem of religion.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

In fact, I could see a wall going up around these Islamic communities in France....the same type Isreal built around the Palestineans.

Siege, destruction and expulsion. History repeats itself.

606 BCE-586 BCE - The Babylonians destroy Jerusalem in three waves of attacks.

175 BCE-165 BCE- Antiochus Epiphanes sacks Jerusalem and erects an altar to Zeus in the Second Temple after plundering it.

70 BCE- Destruction of Jerusalem.

132-135BCE- Hadrian crushes Bar Kokhba's revolt, reestablishes Jerusalem as the Roman pagan polis Aelia Capitolina, and forbids Jewish presence.

LA_Maximus!
Were Muslims responsible for this madness?
Who and how made these conqurers mad?

[edit on 14/11/2005 by chaudri]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaudri
LA_Maximus!

Lets stick to current history.....your justifying a modern Jihad for wrongs that were done to Islam...hundreds or thousands of years ago!

France and Europe are in for a steet battle in the near future...Im talking hand-to-hand, ok? The warcry of the Muslim gangs in the streets will be "Allah Akbar"...."Death to Infidels"

What will the rallying warcry for caucasion European men be? What will they fight for? Is there any fight left in them?

Max

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

check yer history. Muslims have contributed many things to society but they were not exactly peaceful back then. remember that the Islamic armies expand and conquered from Europe to North Africa to Asia and lasted for centuries before the last traces of the Islamic empire ended with the Ottoman Empire after World War 1.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted by deltaboy

Muslims have contributed many things to society but they were not exactly peaceful......

Who says they were peaceful?

They were peaceful to the extent that they did not target any religion or race globally.
Any idea how many were killed in wars initated by Muslims?
Compare with roman/christian/american conquests?

Alll parts of the world had Empires, wars and conquests.

Who claims to be absolutely peaceful?

They were not terrorists either.

Terrorism is very recent thing.

All religions have long histories.

No conflict has ever been permanent. This will fade away if wstern media does ot air it fo rtheir on agenda or to cover faults in their system.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

They were peaceful to the extent that they did not target any religion or race globally.

a war that does not involve religion or race is still war. it can be other motivations. and they did say they were expanding in the name of Allah. its like Osama bin laden declaring holy war on us even though we didnt declare war against Muslims and started launching nukes at Mecca and Medina.

Any idea how many were killed in wars initated by Muslims?
Compare with roman/christian/american conquests?

Alll parts of the world had Empires, wars and conquests.

i dont know. did they do body counts at the time?

[edit on 14-11-2005 by deltaboy]

new topics

top topics

join