It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skull and Bones = WAR

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
the skull and bones was formed in1785 at yale university...

Sorry, wrong date. It was formed in 1832 at Yale.

- Ariel

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint

It's called "being connected".

That is true, because as the saying goes. Its not what you know, its who you know.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Some people believe 322 means that it is the second chapter of the German brotherhood of death, founded in 32...I've heard both theories...

We can assume bones are an ordinary fraternity, which of course, they are not (which doesn't inherently say that they're up to something incredible or special, but the fact that they're not a fraternity and accept women now, are at only one school, were based on the opium trade, are the acknowledged extension of the brotherhood of death/thule in germany, only tap SENIORS, well, you get my point. They're clearly not an ordinary fraternity)...but that would be boring.

I haven't made up my mind yet. But what makes me most suspicious, outside of the private island, etc, is that they only tap seniors. Why build a social club of 15 NEW people every year.

Well, the answer is actually pretty simple. Skull and Bones is the root. It's boot camp. It gets all the attention because the society touches publicsociety in only two places, the beginning (skull and bones, Yale) and the end (politics, business). No idea what's in the middle.

Okay, so I don't know enough to make up my mind about Skull and Bones. But I know just enough to be fascinated.

So here is why I joined ATS.

I need to learn new things about bones. Crazy far out conspiracies have some value, I suppose, but what can we factually back up (like the old iconoclast issues from Yale) or the late 19th century break in reports....Russell Trust.

Regardless of harmless super secret social club versus powerful elitist secret society, they'll have some way to talk to each other over distances. I want to know what ways they do it and where. We've got plenty of theories, time to test.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricCrow
It's funny,
I've owned the movie Skulls for a long time. Always thought it was a cheesy movie. Now, I'm watching it again for the first time in a couple years.

There is a part in the movie where the newly made Bonesman asks what the letters WAR meant that are on the wall of the S&B ritual room. The senator responded with "Those who wish to be our leaders choose the ordeal of War to prove themselves worthy of the priveledge."

"What if we are at peace" asked the young Bonesman
"There are always wars to be fought." replied the senator.

I know this is simply a line in a movie, but it does make a great deal of sense. Is the word WAR actually on the S&B ritual room wall? I am to believe it is, and that it's meaning is what has been explained in the movie. This being the reason why we go to war everytime a US President is a Bonesman.

I guess the way to test this is to find out, if the next President is a Bonesman, do we go to War with someone else?

My bet is, if the next president isn't a bonesman, the war will stop and our troops will probably come home. If he is a bonesman, the fighting will continue either in Iraq or another will begin elsewhere.

It makes more sense now why Kerry, also a Bonesman was put in place to go against Bush last election. It was the certainty that the war would continue...

Making much sense now.

Would make sense... except that there has virtually been a war during every presidents term since WWII. And not all of those boys went to Yale.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
sorry i got the foundation date wrong it was in fact 1832 my apologies for any misleading facts there...was yale founded in 1785? maybe i just got my dates mixed up..it happens im very very far from perfect.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by publicsociety
are the acknowledged extension of the brotherhood of death/thule in germany

According to who? Thats especially odd since SnB existed about a hundred years before the Thule Society.

Also, as far as it being an 'ordinary' fraternity, its a non-greek fraternity, and I beleive it pre-dates the Greek Fraternity system, so, in that sense, its the standard, and the rest are the deviation.

Its a social fraternity for very wealthy elitists. I agree, its fascinating, but all to often there is far too much hysteria surrounding these groups. Thats dangerous, because thats a distraction from some real problems that groups like it and say the Bohemian Club, or the Roundup Riders, represent.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
what makes the bonesman dangerous is to me, very simple. they make a life long pledge to put promoting their bretheran in power, influence and wealth above religion, families, alma matter, country, anything.

that kind of arrangement can't be good for you and me

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

Originally posted by Boatphone
Skull & Bones = A social fraternity for college students at Yale.

That's it.

-- Boat

Guess again! Reading a little goes a long way. Educate yourself.

Secrets of the Tomb Alexandra Robbins (Current Skull and Bones Member!)

Excerpt from article:

New York Times bestselling author Alexandra Robbins is a journalist who was formerly on the Washington, DC staff of The New Yorker magazine. She has written for a variety of publications, including The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly, The Washington Post, USA Today, Cosmopolitan, Mademoiselle, Chicago Tribune, Self, Washington Monthly, Time Digital, Salon, PC, Travel & Leisure, Tennis Week (a guest column defending Anna Kournikova's beauty), and the Journal of Popular Culture. She is the co-author of the book Quarterlife Crisis: The Unique Challenges of Life In Your Twenties. Robbins is currently at work on her third book, a look into a different kind of secret organization.

Excerpt from Book:

Skull and Bones is in its quest to create a New World Order that restricts individual freedoms and places ultimate power solely in the hands of a small cult of wealthy, prominent families, Skull and Bones has already succeeded in infiltrating nearly every major research, policy, financial, media, and government institution in the country. Skull and Bones, in fact, has been running the United States for years.

During initiation, which involves ritualistic psychological conditioning, the juniors wrestle in mud and are physically beaten - this stage of the ceremony represents their "death" to the world as they have known it. They then lie naked in coffins, masturbate, and reveal to the society their innermost sexual secrets. After this cleansing, the Bonesmen give the initiates robes to represent their new identities as individuals with a higher purpose. The society anoints the initiate with a new name, symbolizing his rebirth and re-christening as Knight X, a member of The Order.

Why have they spoken to me over the past 3 years? Perhaps because I am a member of one of Skull and Bones' kindred Yale secret societies. (Alexandra Robbins)

Please check out the information in the website enclosed. The book deserves a good read.

Also note that women have finally been accepted to join the Brotherhood of Death. So I don't want any "only men are allowed to join" ignorance.

Skull & Bones was one of the last of the societies to admit women
www.yale.edu...

Thank you.

[edit on 11-25-2005 by CPYKOmega]

you do realize you quoted the part of the exerpt the the pretty lady goes on to point out is the myth, legend and rumor ?

talk about educating yourself, jeesh

" This, then, is the legend of Skull and Bones.

It is astonishing that so many people continue to believe, even in modern America in the twenty-first century, that a tiny college club wields such an enormous amount of influence on the world.s only superpower. The breadth of clout ascribed to this organization is practically as wide-ranging as the leverage afforded to the satirical secret society of the Stonecutters in an episode of the television show The Simpsons. The Stonecutters theme song included the lyrics:

Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do.
Who leaves the Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do.
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The Skull & Bones Fraternity was founded (at Yale) in 1832. It does not predate "greek letter" fraternities.

Kappa Alpha founded in 1825 at Union College (NY).

Sigma Phi Society founded in 1827 at Union College (NY).

Delta Phi founded in 1827 (after Sigma Phi Society) at Union College (NY).

-- Boat

[edit on 8-1-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Currently I am a active member of the free-masonry and will not defend any of the above information as a mason should do, but I will say that alot of this information is false and needs not to be permitted as such.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Gosh, thanks for the revealing input

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
hey there,
i just joined the forums and have had a lot of intrest in S&B and the breakdown of their workings from material that is available via internet. Getting back to the original theme of the thread wich had to do with the whole idea that the word WAR was on the walls within the tomb. Well I have some information that might change everyones idea that S&B are actually focused on the need of WAR for personal advancement or that of the society.

Apparently on September 29, 1876, a group calling itself "The Order of File and Claw" had broken into the tomb by using the tools that their name implied. Here is what is reported.

In the "tomb" they found lodge-room 324 "fitted up in black velvet, even the walls being covered with the material." Upstairs was lodge-room 322, "the 'sanctum sanctorium' of the temple... furnished in red velvet" with a pentagram on the wall. In the hall are "pictures of the founders of Bones at Yale, and of members of the Society in Germany, when the chapter was established here in 1832." The raiding party found another interesting scene in the parlor next to room 322. From "The Fall Of Skull And Bones": "On the west wall, hung among other pictures, an old engraving representing an open burial vault, in which, on a stone slab, rest four human skulls, grouped about a fools cap and bells, an open book, several mathematical instruments, a beggar's scrip, and a royal crown. On the arched wall above the vault are the explanatory words, in Roman letters, 'We War Der Thor, Wer Weiser, Wer Bettler Oder, Kaiser?' and below the vault is engraved, in German characters, the sentence; 'Ob Arm, Ob Beich, im Tode gleich.' The picture is accompanied by a card on which is written, 'From the German Chapter. Presented by D. C. Gilman of D. 50'."

the german explanatory words are roughly translated into saying "Who was the fool, who the wise man, beggar or king? Whether poor or rich, all's the same in death.". sure... it has the word WAR on the wall.... but i doubt it actually meens the same thing that is presented within the movie "Skulls". Another thing that is suprising is that the same saying can be foind in a 1798 Scottish anti-Illuminatist tract reprinted in 1967 by the John Birch Society. The tract (proofs of a conspiracy by John Robinson) prints alleged excerpts from Illuminist ritual manuals supposedly confiscated by the Bavarian police when the secret order was banned in 1785. Pointing a possible connection between the two groups and their rituals or belifs....... I will start another thread with that some info reguarding the skulls initiation rituals and their elegibility processes for getting ''tapped''.

- eye

[edit on 11-1-2006 by searchingeye]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

-- Boat

top topics

<< 1   >>

join