It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crashes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Yet another plane crash with an official onboard. its getting to be a real occupational hazard to fly if you are a politician

It comes to a point though when you have to sit down, think about it, and ask yourself... How many people fly? How many of those people happen to be officials of some sort for some country, city, county, company, etc...? What are the odds of them being on one of these planes that crash?

Really, light planes like these arn't safer than driving a car. That statistic is only for airliners and major air carriers. General aviation is only about as safe as riding on a motorcycle. How many officials have been killed while doing that?

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yeah I understand that Commander .. guess that's why I won't fly in small planes where can be avoided.

I also understand that officials may travel by air more than most.. but it seems a mighty abundance of plane crashes with "officials" onboard.

Even when odds are broken down there are still unanswered questions.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I also understand that officials may travel by air more than most.. but it seems a mighty abundance of plane crashes with "officials" onboard.

Well, what would be more sensible to use when flying around countries like Afghanistan? A small, light plane that can get in and out of just about anywhere or a jumbo jet?

Fatal general aviation accidents really are not all that uncommon. Just browse through the NTSB Aviation Accident Monthlt Index and you'll see.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join