It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in seven US workers born abroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Seems the USA is in for a major change within the next half century.

Three-quarters of the Latinos were in jobs that have "minimal educational requirements" such as builders and dishwashers, and typically earned much less than native-born workers, the study said.

But immigrants from other parts of the world, by and large, are better educated than the average American with a higher percentage having undertaken graduate studies.

"With the projected slowdown in the growth of the native workforce as the baby-boom generation reaches retirement age, immigrants are likely to hold an even greater share of jobs in the future," the report said.

"Barring substantial shifts in demographic trends, immigrants and their descendants are expected to provide the majority of the nation's population growth during the next half century."

one recent analysis based on data from the US census and federal agencies that estimated that in early 2004, about 10 million foreigners were in the country illegally and about 6.3 million of them were working.

link

Does anyone else see uncontrolled immigration as a huge issue for America and its future?

[edit on 11-11-2005 by CogitoErgoSum1]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If we institute policies to allow immigrants from all over the world who want to become Americans to come here legally, I see no problem. But if we keep letting people cross our borders illegally who have no intention of integrating into a culture, I see major problems.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Heavens to Murgatroid, all dem boyz being born versus one broad, sheesh!

Seriously though, the requirements of education I pull away fromm those stats......an AAS is not going to allow native citizens to skate in anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join