It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Has anyone seen any of these? If not you8 should try and get a hold of a copy 1 of the funniest British sitcoms i have seen in a while. Also try and get Father Ted also vvery funny.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I never managed to catch black books, I may have to go and find a DVD of it for christmas.

Father Ted on the other hand, I have seen many a time, one of the all time best british shows ever.

FATHER JACK:

"DRINK! ARSE!"

It's a shame Ted died

[edit on 11-11-2005 by chebob]

[edit on 11-11-2005 by chebob]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
GIRLS! FECK!

I have a few ring tones of Father Jack saying DRINK in different scenes like the one where Ted teaches Jack to say "that would be an ecumenicle matter"

Ted:That
Jack: DRINK
Ted:That
Jack: DRINK
Ted:C'mon father in know you can do it
Jack:THTHTHTHat!!!

[edit on 11-11-2005 by drunk]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Dylan Moran, Tamsin Greig and Bill Bailey a class cast in a very very funny show, hopefully another (3rd) series is on the way.

Nice to see Simon Pegg's maniac manager in the last series, a very well observed take on the 'let's be lovely friends/one big happy family......but I'm still very definitely your boss' type managerial approach.

Fr Ted is, I agree, a masterful classic.
One that, despite the early sad and very much untimely death of Dermot Morgan, had thankfully been completed.
Who knows if they would ever have come back for more but at least we know that, like Faulty Towers, Fr Ted was intended to stop when it did.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love Black Books. That scene where they open a bottle of £7,000 wine using a power drill = priceless

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Chebob that is one scary pic. I would hate to open the door to that face let alone watch it from a church pew on sunday morning...

[edit on 18-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Sminkey there is a 3rd series still funny stuff. I have all 3 series i also have series 2 of Father Ted and hope to get seris 1 and 3 over xmas

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think Black books is really underestimated as a comedy. I love it. my mates dont watch it and dont know what they are missing.

And Bill Bailey is a great stand up comic !!

top topics

join