It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT study: Tinfoil hats amplify 'mind control'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Engineers at the Massachussetts Institute of Technology have published results showing that tinfoil helmets, prized in many circles for an assumed capacity to resist mind control rays from aliens and governments, may actually amplify the controlling signals.

www.nbr.co.nz...

New theories are suggesting that the government/aliens may have started the "anti-mind control" helmet craze to in fact promote greater control of their subjects during hi-distortion periods.

Interesting to say the least.... Perhaps then M. Night Shyamalan wrote this in his movie "signs" at the forced hand of the government?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
From the article,

Tech humour, really, move along, nothing to see here

Engineers at the Massachussetts Institute of Technology have published results showing that tinfoil helmets, prized in many circles for an assumed capacity to resist mind control rays from aliens and governments, may actually amplify the controlling signals.

There's only one problem: The humour of the engineers is so deadpan, the findings are likely to be cited ad infinitum in conspiracy and UFO journals.

Well, they got the last sentence right.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
running diss-spinformation for the the Military-Industrial-Technocracy.

I've run my own empirical tests, running everything from longwave to microwave. And one layer of Aluminum foil in and of itself it totally inadequate. They bring it up, only to shoot it back down.

my latest innovation is the "Faraday Helmet," composed of 5mm mesh which, along with my lamee jumpsuit, is tied to a backpack containing a literjon with 5 gallons of water, which acts as a capacitating "sink" for the incoming frequencies.

Not only does my rig totally stop microwave and shortwave (attack commands implanted during UFO abductions), it is COMPLETELY EFFECTIVE against the signature tech of the illuminati, the totally indetectable "F-Beams."

But this article is typical of NWO ennui-mongering. They try to convince you that even "wack tech" like aluminum foil deflector beanies are useless, so that you won't even think of more worthwhile tech like a personal faraday cage.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You guys missed the most important paragraph in the whole story!

The researchers did not, however, delve into the critical question of whether one should construct hats with the reflective side of the foil facing in or out.

Doesn't this make all the difference in the world?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And they only showed three styles of tinfoil hats. The "Classical", the "Fez", and the "Centurion".

They forgot the ONLY known effective model!

The ATS approved "Asymmetrical Horns" model

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Disinformation!

They are trying to get me to take my foil hat off

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Kind of like back in the cold war, when they told us not to bother building bomb shelters, because they "probably" wouldn't work.

Of course, they had a huge bomb shelter for the whole the US govt.

And the Russians had bomb shelters for their own people.

Heck even the neutral Swiss invested in bombshelters for their whole nation.

See, if we HAD built ourselves proper shelter, we couldn't have been controlled by one-worldist propoganda like the day after.

Same thing here: Don't even bother with defending yourself, human.

I have some clear cut thoughts on that, but you'll never really know what they are, since I am living in a luxurious Brill Jar, and am thus immune to your schemes.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dr. Strangecraft, can you please tell me about your 5mm mesh. I have also heard that a certain thickness of water will block energy waves. In my own house I have a room covered in velostat, see stopabductions.com. I also have something that I have constructed that seems to work pretty good most of the time that I can wear on my head. funny thing I never need it inside my house which is becoming ever increasingly equipped with protective materials. But when I go outside I am swallowed in a sea of frequencies and microwaves from our civilization. Whether the aliens are doing it or not I definitely need to hear about any protective materials you may know about.

top topics

join