It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Douri Reported Dead Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Al-Aribaya is reporting that Ibrahim Al-Douri, number six on the list of fifty-five most wanted by the US in Iraq, is dead, apparently of natural causes. This is not the first time Al-Douri has been reported dead

www.alarabiya.net...

بغداد- اف ب
اعلن بيان صادر عن حزب البعث المنحل في العراق حصلت وكالة الأنباء الفرنسية على نسخة منه ان الرجل الثاني في النظام العراقي السابق عزة ابراهيم الدوري توفي الجمعة 11-11-2005م . وجاء في بيان نعي نائب رئيس مجلس قيادة الثورة في عهد صدام حسين "بعد قرابة خمسين عاما قضاها في النضال وفي خنادق

I don't read Arabic, but I'm assuming this is talking about Al Douri's death and other details about the man. The news was part of a Baath Party press-release.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A Baath party press release? I thought they were outlawed in Iraq. Where is their headquarters? This may turn out to be another false report of Al- Douri's death.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Icarus Rising]

[edit on 14-11-2005 by asala]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thats almost like al-Zarqawi and that other dude(Zawahiri?) having been dead, not dead, killed, slaughtered, captured, lost limbs, photographed with the lost limbs magicaly not being lost and so on.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
``

the TV news had a blurb about him expiring due to lengthly illness

he was Saddams' VP, and has a $10 million price on his head,
, you say he was 6th on the list,
they reported he was the "King-of-Clubs"
in the coalitions' famous deck of cards.

i womder if they used the Hoyle ranking of cards & suits, or some other?
because the King of Clubs would rank only 8th, if you use the rankings one finds in the Game of Bridge. [spade-heart-diamond-club] or so i thought

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This sight has him listed as sixth.

Iraq's 55 Most Wanted

6.Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri LTG
Revolutionary Command Council (RCC) Vice-Chairman / Northern Region Commander / Inner Circle/ Deputy Secretary General, Ba’th Party Regional Command / Deputy Commander, Armed Forces
At Large
(dead?)

This site has him in a spades-diamonds-clubs-hearts rank as seventh.

Iraq's 55 Most Wanted

Go figure. No wonder we aren't sure if he's really dead or not.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Apparently he died when Condi made a surprise visit...

AFP: Former Saddam deputy reportedly dies

Ezzat Ibrahim al-Duri
©AFP/File - Marwan Naamani

Izzat Ibrahim al-Duri, the fugitive former number two of deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, reportedly died, as US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice paid a surprise visit as part of a regional tour.

There was a 10-million-dollar US bounty outstanding on Ibrahim, 63, who was said to be gravely ill with leukemia. Ibrahim was the most senior former Iraqi leader still at large since Saddam was captured in December 2003. He did much of Saddam's dirty work and commanded an entire army corps despite never having attended a military institution or school of higher learning

The death report came the day Rice visited Iraq to whip up participation in next month's general elections.

Condoleezza Rice(L) gives a joint press conference with Ibrahim al-Jaafari(R)
©AFP/POOL - Ahmad al-Rubaye

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

top topics

join