It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 German proposed 'Crash Fighter'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I know this sounds 'over the top' but i was looking at some site about WW2 German Black Projects. At the end of the war when the allies raided german high security facilities, they found some mad aircraft designs such as disc shaped fighter planes and some other designs you wouldnt even think of!. I am NOT whatsoever making this up but if you look around this site, I GUARANTEE YOU WILL FIND IT!!!!!!!!.

Looks like Germany had an AREA 51 too!.

www.luft46.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Wow, it even seems like they had a A-10 like plane in development!

Good site here.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Its amazing to look at the designs that the Germans came up with and see only now are even prototypes been envisaged for some of these.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yes, it has never been a secret that the nazis where the ones who were most advanced...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Didn't the germans make planes that could ram other planes? I know the Brits used to push V-1's with their wings so they would crash.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a big time German Secret Weapons fan but just like UFO's you need to be careful not to let your imagination get away with you. The Horten brother designs are some of my favorites.

The reality is allot of these exceptional designs required engineering and advanced materials that were still 40-50 years away. They had everything from forward swept wing designs, VTOL aircraft to a Low Space Orbit Bomber (Sanger Bomber) on the boards.

Factor in that the Luftwaffe was decimated by late 1944 and they were throwing barely trained pilots into one sided battles. There wouldn't have been any qualified pilots left to fly these craft if the war lasted to 1946.
Still there were some amazing designs.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by nullster]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Didn't the germans make planes that could ram other planes? I know the Brits used to push V-1's with their wings so they would crash.

The Germans did have plans to build planes that are capable of smashing through enemy bomber planes and coming out the other side, These are the 'Crash Fighters' i mentioned before.(Click on 'Reichdreams').

During the Battle of Britain, British pilots learnt how to knock the V1 Buzz Bombs off target by smacking them with thier wingtips, This was also known as 'Wing Wacking'.

It was not just the Japanese who had the 'Kamikaze' planes, The Germans did too!, it was just a V1 Buzz Bomb with a cockpit installed on it. This plane was known as the Fiesler Fi 103 IV 'Reichenberg'. The pilots who flew this were fanatic and would sacrifice themselves for Germany.

The 'Reichenberg' also starred in the film 'OPERATION CROSSBOW'.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by Browno]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A couple more corrections for you Browno, the Battle Of Britain ended in 1940 and the V1 wasn't used until 1944.

Also the piloted V1 was just a prototype test vehicle for the V1 flown by Hanna Reich, who was the only test pilot small enough to fit inside it, the idea to use it as a piloted weapon was largely hers, rather than 'the Germans' although the plan was actually for the pilots to bale out, not crash into the targets.

A point of local pride for me also is the fact that the first ever jet v jet combat in the world took place when a V1 attack was intercepted by Gloster Meteors of 616 (South Yorkshire) Sqn RAF, South Yorks is where I live, you see.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by waynos]

top topics

join