It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Forcefully Attacks Iraq Critics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Bush said that foreign intelligence services and Democrats and Republicans alike were convinced at the time that former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

"Some Democrats and anti-war critics are now claiming we manipulated the intelligence and mislead the American people about why we went to war," Bush said.

He said those critics have made those allegations although they know that a Senate investigation "found no evidence" of political pressure to change the intelligence community's assessments related to Saddam's weapons program.

Bush also said they know the United Nations passed more than a dozen resolutions citing Saddam's development and possession of weapons of mass destruction.

"More than 100 Democrats in the House and the Senate who had access to the same intelligence voted to support removing Saddam Hussein from power," he said.

President Bush finally calls the demoRATS out! Lets hear the demoRATS excuses now.........

KC8

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is no longer a war on terrorism it's a war on republicans. Democrats supported the war until thing's started going bad. Then they had seen their chance for power. How? By going against bush and the republicans. By making them look bad they can

1. Sway the next presidential vote - get a Dem. in office
2. Sway the next governor vote - get a Dem. in office
3. Become the majority in both house and sanate.

Their priorities are to take control. By lowering public opinion for the republicans. They have abandoned the troops in Iraq for power. Now that 2,000 are dead it’s another chance to bash the republicans, even if they also voted for the war.

We are there in Iraq. Is it right? Maybe not, but the Democrats are part of the problem they should either step out of the way or join the republican in trying to get our troops home. Not battle for power while Americans are dying.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It's great to see Bush finally fighting back against the scurrilous lies the Dems have been spreading.

They are trying to rewrite history.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Bush Republicans are the the most recent of the GOP faithful to try and establish a Fascist government.
True Americans should be fighting them at every turn, and if they want to wade into the two party political nonsense, they should support the true conservatives on merit in the GOP being steamrolled by the wild eyed Fascists.

THIS WAS the true assessment of that speech:

"Its deeply regrettable that the president is using Veterans Day as a campaign-like attempt to rebuild his own credibility by tearing down those who seek the truth about the clear manipulation of intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war," Kennedy said in a statement.

Why?

1) 57% of Americans say Bush Misled Public on Iraq:
"NBC/WSJ poll shows president at new lows in all job approval categories" MSNBC, Nov. 9th
www.msnbc.msn.com...

2) Senators did not investigate whether political influence tainted the presentation of intelligence.

In his speech, the President could either be referring to the Silberman Robb Commission or the Senate Intelligence Committee¹s investigation. Neither of these reports approached the question of the Administration¹s misuse of intelligence.

"[W]e were not authorized to investigate how policymakers used the intelligence assessments they received from the Intelligence Community." [Commission on the Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction, Report to the President, (Silberman Robb Commission) 3/31/05

"The central issue of how intelligence on Iraq was used or misused by Administration officials in public statements and reports was relegated to the second phase of the Committee's investigation... As a result, the Committee's phase one report fails to fully explain the environment of intense pressure in which Intelligence Community officials were asked to render judgments on matters relating to Iraq when policy officials had already forcefully stated their own conclusions in public." [Additional Views of Vice Chairman John D. Rockefeller IV, Senator Carl Levin, and Senator Richard Durbin].

3) Italian Secret Service knew key Iraq intelligence was falsified, and told U.S. officials before the war
"Italian lawmaker: U.S. told of WMD forgeries" Associated Press

4) The United Nations Security Council specifically did not adopt a resolution endorsing the U.S invasion, which was therefore illegal aggression under international law.
Full history of Security Council opinions leading up to the invasion:
"Iraq war illegal, says Annan" BBC News

5) White House withheld intelligence data. Specifically, the Administration withheld or repressed portions of intelligence documents which questioned and contradicted the excerpts being used to promote the war.
"Asterisks Dot White House's Iraq Argument" -- Washington Post Page A01, November 12, 2005 and here: "Inaccuracies in Bush's Defense of Lead-Up to War"

6) Congressional Iraq resolution was not aimed at removing Saddam from power. At the time the resolution was passed, the Administration was claiming the war was all about weapons of mass destruction.
"Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq"

LINKS:

Silberman Robb Commission

9/11 Committee Additional views

Italian Lawmaker: "Those were Forged Documents"

Actual UN Security Council Opinions on lead up to war

UN Officials: Iraq war is ILLEGAL

Selective use of pre-war data

Falsehoods in Bush's Defense of lead up to war

"Joint Resolution to Authorize the Use of United States Armed Forces Against Iraq"

"They are trying to rewrite history"
All Fascists do - you folks should be oppsing Bush for doing it, concentrate on cleaning him and all the complicit Democrats who sold out the country and focus on finding the remaining real Republicans left ( hint: start with RON "F#&$^%" PAUL !!!!
, Cheney & Bush couldn't carry that REAL REPUBLICAN's jock strap!!! )
Be as Republican as you deem fit, it's your right. But supporting this Cheney version of Republicanism is like saying that Drug Kingpin is an excellent representative of inner city entrepeneurialism - technically it's accurate, but ............

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As Bout Time so eloquently stated Bush & Cheney really aren't Republicans per se. Rather they represent what is worst about the party. Clearly all Americans were lied to about Iraq and that includes Congress. My personal political views take a back seat when we are talking about the security of Americas future which Bush & Cheney clearly could care less about or else why would they endorse the nuclear option.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
Lets hear the demoRATS excuses now.........

Excuses for what?

"Its deeply regrettable that the president is using Veterans Day as a campaign-like attempt to rebuild his own credibility by tearing down those who seek the truth about the clear manipulation of intelligence in the run-up to the Iraq war," Kennedy said in a statement.

"Instead of providing open and honest answers about how we will achieve success in Iraq and allow our troops to begin to come home," Kennedy said, "the president reverted to the same manipulation of facts to justify a war we never should have fought."

Originally posted by KC8
Democrats supported the war until thing's started going bad.

I beg to differ. They supported the war until they discovered they'd been led into it under false pretenses. I'm not a Democrat, but I supported the war, too, until I found out that it was all based on lies.

If the Democrats do come into power in the upcoming elections, the Republicans have no one to blame but the leadership of the Republican party for making such a debacle of this whole terrorism thing.

And lest I be accused of taking sides, yes, I am. But not because of a political party. The problem here is as clear as the nose on my face. Bush is suffering, and in a desperate attempt to gain back some support for his ridiculous war, he's come out on the attack. What else is new?

What's the best defense again? Riiiiight.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
As a small businessman I thought the GOP was the party to represent me.
I now feel betrayed by the Republican party as they could care less about my concerns in the marketplace. NAFTA AND CAFTA may shortly force me into chapter 11. I'm just hoping I can last until a more favorable administration takes office. They seem only to care about the mega-corps; and the entrepreneurs, that I feel are the backbone of this economy are SOL.

I can't tell exactly what this group in the whitehouse, agenda is, but I feel I can't trust them because they lie to the citizens to this country about so many things, then call you unpatrotic if you call them on their blatant lies.

I tried to support this Administration but now count me among the people that refuse to be "chumped out." Reagan must be spinning in his grave.

[edit on 15-11-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 15-11-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If one is to say that Bush mislead the public on Iraq, then one must say that it was not only Bush, but a joint action by just about every politician in our government. It would no longer be Democrats Vs. Republicans, it would be the people Vs. the government. BEFORE Bush took power, there were democrats that now strongly opposet his war publicly saying that Saddam was a grave threat to our country, and even going so far as to say that if something is not done, HE WILL attempt an attack. You've all seen the quotes. There's a thread somewhere about them.

It wasn't just Bush making the case about WMDs, it was almost everybody. Sure, there's going to be evidence on both sides, but the vast majority of people believed that Saddam was a threat to our country. I also heard on Fox one of the tapes that Colin Powel presented to the U.N when he made his case. It was a recording of two Iraqi officials talking on the phone. I'll try to find the clip, but one was asking the other if he was sure that he got rid of "all of them". They were talking about the inspectors that were coming in, and making sure that they had SOMETHING moved out before the inspectors came.

I want to know why things like this tape, and remarks that the democrats (Including Howard Dean and Sandy Berger) made regarding WMDs are being ignored by those that don't want to hear them.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
BT, I'm glad SOMEONE still knows Ron Paul.

Conservatives can't seem to wrap their mind around the idea that Bush stinks and the GOP has gone to the RINOS.

There is no leadership, vision, or conservatism, there is only weakness and HUGE spending.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Actually the thing that clinched it for me was Colin Powell at the UN saying how this aireal photograph (that looked like a truck) was a mobile chemical weapons lab. And that Iraq definately had WMD's. His veracity was used by the Bush regime to dupe the public. Powell knows it too. I know Cheney is a liar. I know Bush is a liar. I know Rove is a liar. I know Rice is a liar. Obviously Scooty's a liar. Wolfowitz is a liar. Poindexter is a liar and convicted felon. Abrams is a liar and convicted felon. This could go on ad infinitum but I expected better of Powell he convinced me and it was a lie.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by polanksi
Actually the thing that clinched it for me was Colin Powell at the UN saying how this aireal photograph (that looked like a truck) was a mobile chemical weapons lab. And that Iraq definately had WMD's. His veracity was used by the Bush regime to dupe the public. Powell knows it too. I know Cheney is a liar. I know Bush is a liar. I know Rove is a liar. I know Rice is a liar. Obviously Scooty's a liar. Wolfowitz is a liar. Poindexter is a liar and convicted felon. Abrams is a liar and convicted felon. This could go on ad infinitum but I expected better of Powell he convinced me and it was a lie.

Don't forget Clinton (Both of them), Kerry, Edwards, Berger, Dean, or any other of the politicians that knew Saddam had WMDs either. And definitely don't forget ol' George "Slam Dunk" Tenet (Clinton appointee).

KC8

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
been led into it under false pretenses.

Exactly under FALSE pretenses. And where did the false come from? Well it was the CIA and DOD who collected the intelligence. It was George J. Tenet the Director of Central Intelligence who is supposed to "Direct" the CIA. We know Donald Rumsfeld - Secretary of Defense did alot in making the case for war. Bush trusted the CIA and his advisor's for the correct intellagence. Then he went to Iraq on that intellagence and there intellagence failed.

We are there WMD's are not being found. We just can't leave and create a nation of 25 Million Iraqi who hate the U.S for destoring them we have to finish the job.
This was a break-down in intelligence and Bush is paying because he trusted his advisor's and CIA who gave him the Infornmation. I don't think he collected the intelligence him-self. Do you?

[edit on 16-11-2005 by KC8]

[edit on 16-11-2005 by KC8]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm not even sure that it was a failure of intelligence. I'm pretty damned sure those weapons were moved. After hearing that tape played on Hannity, it really started to confirm my belief. The general and the other Iraqi leader were literally talking about whether or not these "things" were correctly moved and hidden, and whether or not there were any left that the inspectors might see. One of the voices was saying that he's going to come and make sure. When the other guy assured him that everything was gone, the guy said he's going to come and check anyway.

Gee, what could they be talking about?

KC8

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I'm pretty damned sure those weapons were moved. After hearing that tape played on Hannity

If they were moved I'm thinking Syria, and do you know where I could download a copy of the tape? I would like to see it.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm pretty damned sure those weapons were moved. After hearing that tape played on Hannity

So having satellite surveillance that can read the print on a newspaper from space scouring that country, having IAEA inspectors on it like a fungus, owning all movement above/below the 36th & 33rd parrallels ( that's where Iraq boarders other countries) and running over 250,000 bombing sorties in those areas with the Brits.....it all comes in second to your belief in a Hannitty tape?

Cool

Iraq was never a threat, this was an invasion of first choice and it's now created the terror incubator to vex us for the next century.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KC8

If they were moved I'm thinking Syria, and do you know where I could download a copy of the tape? I would like to see it.

I would also love to find a copy of that tape somewhere. I'll start searching google, but I don't know how far I'll be able to get. Knowing Hannity, he'll play it again on his show sometime.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

So having satellite surveillance that can read the print on a newspaper from space scouring that country, having IAEA inspectors on it like a fungus, owning all movement above/below the 36th & 33rd parrallels ( that's where Iraq boarders other countries) and running over 250,000 bombing sorties in those areas with the Brits.....it all comes in second to your belief in a Hannitty tape?

Cool

When were the satellite surveillance scans taken? Were the photos of every square inch of the entire country? Who was looking at these Satellite scans?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Was ( possibly still is, don't know) his military vocation. And something that's kicked up the COC everyday for every part of the world, with hot spots on the more frequent intervals. It's really some cool stuff and almost what I chose to do too.
Look at the map of the country - we're talking about smuggling WMD's with possible passage beyond the line of demarcation mentioned before...not really possible.
If people actually knew the "views" modern military tech has of the world?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

*sheesh!* It never stops, does it?!

This statement embodies exactly what our President is talking about! It's quite one thing to critique one's approach to resolving a situation...it's quite another to accuse the President of manipulatiing intel, lying through his teeth about it, and going to war for the sake of his rich corporate buddies.

"A lie repeated often enough, becomes truth."~Vladimer Lenin

"Bush lied, soldiers died."~MIchael Moore

But once again, I have to ask...where did Bush lie? I am still waiting patiently for someone to point this out. Exactly what am I asking for? How about this:

A TYPED QUOTE OF PRESIDENT BUSH'S THAT YOU CAN PROVE IS A LIE?!

Oh, one more thing...which of these two quotes have YOU heard REPEATED the most lately?

[edit on 30-11-2005 by Toelint]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Quote from KC8
"Their priorities are to take control. By lowering public opinion for the republicans. They have abandoned the troops in Iraq for power. Now that 2,000 are dead it’s another chance to bash the republicans, even if they also voted for the war. "

Of course that is thier plan they are Politicians, that is what politicians do republicans and democrats. The Republicans stole two elections, both sides do natsy things to gain power.

I also must note that Bout Time's earlier post: Not Dem vs. GOP - it's Americans vs. Fascists,
Pretty much deconstrcted this post and tore a new one into the openeing statements, Well Done

Also the dems realise they voted for the war their entire point is it was under false pretenses.
I do think that leaving Iraq now would be unacceptable, you cant invade a soveriegn nation and turn it into a steaming pile of dump then just leave. Finish what you start.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join