It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a b-2a bomber shot down over yugoslavia?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
NO! The Plane we lost over Yugoslavia was an F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter. The roumor about a B-2 Spirit stealth bomber being lost came from a misunderstanding. The F-117 is somethimes called a stealth bomber because it is use only to drop bombs, but it is not a bomber.

Tim

Well..

Known facts:

1x F-16 (By SA-3 'Goa')
1x F-117 (By SA-3 'Goa')
2x AH-64 (By Igla(-M) MANPADS, or crashed after other Apache tryed to avoid missiles (2) fired, and caused mid-air collision.)

Shot down.

Many more damaged, some 'writen off'. (damaged beyond repair.. but managed to get back to base..)

Also 100-200 Drones, UAV:s and cruise missiles were shot down.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
actually there were more then one f117 shotdown

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
actually there were more then one f117 shotdown

One had its both 'tail rudders' blown off by SA-3 'Goa', but that wasnt a 'shot down'.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
and i dont think the pilot from the downed f117 got back home because:
this is the ejection seat from the downed f117

As you can see, the ejection seat of the F117 is still with the plane. This means the pilot didn't eject anyway..

i heard he was killed by russian spetsnaz forces on his resque helicopter, or he might been captured by the Yugoslav Army

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
no b-2 bomber has been lost in combat. they would not be able to keep that off the front pages if it did

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
umm is it just me or can anyone else see that the side ejection handles on the seat have been activated?.. not to mention if it still was in the cockpit why is it out in the middle of a field? and furthermore if it was still in the aircraft why didnt the S&R team take it along with the rest of the wreckage they picked up?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good point Fastmover... just more disinfo from US haters.
Anything to belittle the US, it's allies or it's capabilities.

I really like the joy and glee with which one poster speaks of russian special forces possibly killing a US pilot.

That tells ya all you need to know right there.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't know about American haters.....cool down the venom....perhaps someone that just shares a technical view that US aircraft are not invincible.

As to B-2 shoot down. Thats not an easy thing to cover up.

For one thing the JCOS having his heart attack would be a dead give away (it aint coming outa my damn budget!)

Besides they were launching SOWs fromway outside the threat area.

I noticed on an international flight home to Oz in December 1991 we skirted Yugoslavian Airspace. The civil war was just heating up. The air was very clear, snow was begining to carpet the ground.
You could see dozens of these reflections off fast jet cockpits in the distance to the South East and East, where NATO and neutral state Air Forces must have been patrolling. A Serbian MiG pilot would have to have been nuts to try and do a blind intercept on a B-2 in NATO airspace later in the war.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join