It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The English are the Best. Period.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There I said it. I think that the English are the best at everything.

Feel free to back it up or demonize what i said. I mean, we are, arent we. We're Tougher, Brainier, Craftier, Funni.....erer
, More common-sensier
, more resiliant and resourceful.

Also i think the french are well funny because they are the butt of all geopolitical, geographic etc jokes. Plus they surrendered a lot too

[edit on 11-11-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
American teeth are betterer

muahaha

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Not the best at keeping prisoners were they?
Dumped them all in different countries didn't they
Hmmm

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
LOL i knew! how did i know that would be the very first pee take of the british!
lol

You know i admit we arent a country that is famous for its oral care, but we are catching up with the Americans. 10 years ago no one had braces at all hardly. Now about 6-7 8ths of children now have or reecently have had at one time or another had braces. So WOOHOO!

Soon we'll all have as straight teeth as the Americans...moohahahaha......

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
LOL but thats only because were a tiny ickle country. You guys simply have more room!
Weve made the best of what space we have. You know apparently in about 100 - 250 years they say Britain will just be one big city

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We won the Revolution...............SCOREBOARD!!!!
Without our help in WW2 you'd be speaking German right now.....SCOREBOARD!!

Really though, I didn't want to do that. I loves the Brits.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
WRONG AGAIN my friend! wrong again
You only decided to get involved after the japanese bombed pearl harbour! so to get even, sorry i use the word "even" too loosely, your country nuked hiroshima and that other place.

*sticks tongue out*

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
well no one should say they are the best!
every country in the worls has done something bad, and yes the americans helped us out but SOOOO WHAT?? any hoo....... stop slating other countries!! Britain is the best for the pubs!
proper cozy and the fights!!

oni x x

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
O ive actually been to the place were the american revolution took place. pretty cool to learn about. Especially the fact that the BRITISH settled in America, then loads of years later the proper british wer drove out by the americanized british. AHA!!! Scoreboard!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
americanized british

Is that like "Africanized" honeybees? You don't want to mess with those.

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
WRONG AGAIN my friend! wrong again
You only decided to get involved after the japanese bombed pearl harbour! so to get even, sorry i use the word "even" too loosely, your country nuked hiroshima and that other place.

*sticks tongue out*

Where do you think Britain got all of its weapons? Without US firepower, troops, fuel, and food Britain would have never of survived.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Best at everything?

How about dentistry?

Ever hear of any world class English cuisine?
“Hey Frank, try that new English restaurant down the street yet?”

So…Not everything.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wow i didnt know that :

May, 1941 - United Kingdom takes control of Iraq and are reinforced by the arrival of 21st Indian Division.

Fish and chips ROCK!. And for the americans, english chips are chunky fries, not crisps, which in america are chips......i think
you havent experienced Britain till you'v tried our fish and chips

LOL nah we dont really have a national dish. Where other countries developed fancy fine dining restaurants, we were developing our pubs and/or family pubs.

FULL ENGLISH BREAKFAST I REMEMBERED!!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Dont forget that the Vindaloo is British, in fact it is from Edinburgh I think. There are many dish's that you would be amazed to fin out they are not from where you might think. Britain has contributed a great number of culinary delights but we don't go in for all that shallow bragging stuff, we leave that to the Americans.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

well no one should say they are the best!

lol...youre right oni....i especially loved your line on cozy pubs with fights!!

to be fair.....we are the best at hollaganizm!......starting fights in pubs for absolutley no reason......

being drunk and filmed abroad......were awesome at that!!.....

we are also the best at calling all waiters 'pedro' or 'speros' whilst on holiday abroad in spain or portugal!

and on a final note...we are definatley the best at using pathetically understated expressions in dangerous situations to look cool.....

for example:- "what,what old chap......lets give the Luftwaffe a damn good hiding and back in time for tea and medals"

some british ww2 fighter pilot chap.

regards.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I like a similar example I read in a book once where a pilot was walking away from a tangled pile of scrap metal he'd just deposited on the runway and he commented "a little late on the round out there, I think I may have bent it a little"!

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Lol fett!! that is spot on!!!
also i have very good teeth!! no idea where that came from but i do have nice teeth.

oni x x

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The Ashes

Sorry, chaps.

JAK

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's such a shame to see people so determined to live in the past.

Here's a little something to take your mind off the pain WCIP.

JAk

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
It's such a shame to see people so determined to live in the past.

Here's a little something to take your mind off the pain WCIP.

Aha! Who's living in the past now?

I'll remember that low blow next time me and my buddy whip you at the cricket.

And how shameful, to be beaten at the game you invented by a bunch of convicts! Ohhh, the humanity!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join